Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nicklas Bendtner

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not quite the marquee signing some have banged on about....... For the record he'd do a job at this level imo

B

Benson

And the article says Wolves are a "Birmingham club". Cant trust an article making that kind of huge mistake.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now, obviously as a Dane, I know very well what Bendtner is capable of, when in form. If Zenga can get him up and running, we have a very good striker on our hands.

However his career the past few years hasnt been good. Some of it, has been down to poor career choices. He was never going to be succes at a top club in Germany, especially one like Wolfsburg, who doesnt really use crosses into the box a lot.
But he also has let himself down so many time with poor choices outside the field. Is he a changed man? Not sure, but he could be eager to prove himself, and Zenga might be the person to get him to do the business.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the article says Wolves are a "Birmingham club". Cant trust an article making that kind of huge mistake.

LOL! Danish media often mistake Wolves to be a "Birmingham club". Numpties all of them;)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be very good in our league. Maybe Walter would get the best out of him? Would personally prefer a striker with more pace, though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going a bit one dimensional . We do need more pace. Especially if our game is to be based on counter attacks

D

Deleted member 4456

Undeniably talented but little application to match, hence the downward trajectory of his career.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't seem the right fit for Wolves. Has a very high opinion of himself and there's a history of falling out with his own players.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd only question his attitude. The guy thinks he's Messi.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine Bendtner and Balotelli up front together, you'd get one good game out of the pair of them once a season and thats it.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this level he would be very good if his attitude is right. And that is the big question.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd only question his attitude. The guy thinks he's Messi.

Im not so sure he does anymore. Her has come a across more humble about his own ability in recent years, not least due to the downturn of his career.
My worry about him wouldnt so much be his ego, but more his lack of discipline. However if he does choose to come to Wolves, it will be because he has something to prove, because he knows that he Championship will be no easy ride, and he could probably earn the same in a less demanding league.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 2 year contract with an option for a year would be OK. Was excellent for blues in this league. Has a huge ego and will want to play in the Prem again.

R

robwolf

His ego would be my major concern, if things dont work well he could easily cause problems in the dressing room

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His ego would be my major concern, if things dont work well he could easily cause problems in the dressing room

At some point in our future, if we get promoted, every player we sign will have an ego like this....we have to get used to it at some point.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have no idea what his form is like right now but have to say as deadline approaches we may be heading for third choice or worse targets which is never a good sign. I do think for a striker at least Fosun have to be prepared to spend pretty big. If they don't we will not have the striking department required for a top two team. If Bod gets injured we will look very lightweight indeed. Its all getting very late in the day and it seems the likes of Rhodes, Austin are not in play. Martin probably madly over- priced even if Derby would let him go.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Im not so sure, thats the major issue, just like his ego really isnt that big anymore. Hes usually been quite well liked by teammates. He is, from all Ive heard, a really nice, funny and likeable guy. It was more his bad discipline that got him in trouble at Wolfsburg (he arrived late for training and was accused of not being fit enough, etc).

He does know however, that his next club will probably be his last chance, and that might be our luck.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

Not for me. He ain't better than Bod, and where would it leave Gladon?
Typical QPR signing, let them have him

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not going to be spend massive on 1 player, I think that's a given. We've spent wisely so far and will continue to do so. The names being mentioned will be in excess of 7/8 million and we just aren't going that way just yet.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I feel pretty comfortable with our striking options at the moment, especially if Dicko returns to anything like his former self.

Big man options: JDB, Gladon
Little man options: Dicko, Mason
Back-up: Bright, Ennis, Costa

Another striker would be a bonus but I don't feel as worried as last year. Bendtner on a one-year deal with another in our favour would be decent.

T

toytown wolf

I would take him if the choice is him or no one but I'm not so sure I'd want him if someone else was available. He seemed to embody the spoiled brat footballer stereotype a few years ago. He had the wealth and the wag and an overhyped opinion of his ability. If he's matured as a person then it might be a shrewd move, but I suspect he would go back to London rather than come to us anyway. If he picked QPR I wouldn't be too disappointed.

M

Monkey Man

Lazy and useless. Classic modern footballer he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel pretty comfortable with our striking options at the moment, especially if Dicko returns to anything like his former self.

Big man options: JDB, Gladon
Little man options: Dicko, Mason
Back-up: Bright, Ennis, Costa

Another striker would be a bonus but I don't feel as worried as last year. Bendtner on a one-year deal with another in our favour would be decent.

I'm not especially worried Tring, but I still feel that's a fairly average forward line. If Dicko comes back to something near his best, then maybe it's not a problem. Maybe I'm being too harsh but I feel like we lack that natural finisher in the squad, maybe it's greedy to some but if promotion is to be a realistic aim then Jordan Rhodes would be fantastic. I don't really expect it to happen though.

Main problem once Saiss is confirmed is still our centre halves. We need a quality, experienced centre half to play next to Batth. With Hause/EEL on the fringes, that should be sufficient for now with the added competition. Realistically I don't expect anymore after that, but I will be disappointed if we don't address such a key area before Wednesday's deadline.

After that's done, squad depth is there in all positions at least until January where we'll have played 25 games. Zenga & Co can then reassess where we are lacking in quality and it can be addressed. If we're short on goals and still in the top half of the table, a proven goalscorer can be brought in. Lacking a playmaker in midfield still? It can be addressed. Still leaking goals? Another centre half.

Key priority for Wolves now is completing that Saiss deal and getting that quality centre half in. Nothing else. If we can achieve that, it's been a fantastic window and a genuine work in progress. I don't buy into this 'two year project' though, why would we bring in loanees we have no chance of signing permanently for next season unless we were in the prem. It's fairly clear from listening to the manager and the players, they want promotion this year.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lazy and useless. Classic modern footballer he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Couldn't agree more!

Does anyone know his scoring record since he left England? He was rubbish at Arsenal and wherever else he has been so a definite no from me.

S

ShropshireLad

Batth can be the club captain but someone who has leadership on the pitch is desperately needed. We need a captain who captains.

W

we8wba

Scored for fun in this league for blues

I think few getting ahead themselves saying bod and glad are better

Some people need to come back down to earth

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think he would still only be 28! Scoring record post-Arsenal is 1 in 4 / 1 in 5. Not that great, and can he contribute as a team player and follow the WZ work ethic?

S

Silver

Clearly a talent, but an arrogant one, and someone whose off-field behaviours are not encouraging. But he is only 28, is over 6ft 4in and has an excellent goal scoring record at international level, and reasonable at club level until last year. Only WZ knows if he wants the battle, and only NB knows if he really wants to resurrect his career. If the answer to those 2 questions is 'yes', then he could be a great purchase. but it could all go horribly wrong. I hope they would put in any contract a 'no pay-off' severance clause relating to 'reputational risk' to the club.

Back
Top Bottom