Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Six League Games

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already got two points more than I was expecting from those six games, so I'm happy as long as the performances continue to improve AND the awful dross in the bottom three continue to fail.

Any point is a bonus.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The next 3 games are very winnable, probably also Villa if we can maintain our improvement. Thats not to say we will win all or any of them but I'd like to think 5 points is realistic from the 4

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Week after week for months, there were predictions of 3 and 4 nil wins for us "this is the week we turn it round". It didn't happen though did it? Not for what, 9 matches? It's not just those who predict a loss who are as useless at predicting! Keep predicting a win every week and even Albion fans will get it right occasionally. And then you can bask in the self-righteous glow of feeling like a real supporter.:oops:
I don't do predictions on individual matches. No self-righteousness here.

No wrist slitting overreacting either.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (A)

I fancy us to start picking up some points over this next set of fixtures, and we all know we need to. I think with Jose on board and Neves returning we’ll see a change in our fortunes.

I said on another thread I’d go a back five for a bit but looking at this set of games I’d maybe mix it up a bit more (for the Newcastle fixture especially) and go with four at the back.
Seven points from those I recon.
It is more than enough.
We ain´t going down this season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't do predictions on individual matches. No self-righteousness here.

No wrist slitting overreacting either.

Oops sorry, careless with words, I meant "they", rather than "you". But surely you know what I mean? Every week some will predict a win, some a lose, and then whoever is right, some will come on "I told you so". While keeping quiet when they get it wrong. Well, that's what I do :D

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seven points from those I recon.
It is more than enough.
We ain´t going down this season.

Is that including the 4 points we already have mate? I said 7-9 myself originally I think but I’m slightly more optimistic now, I could see us maybe squeezing 10 out of those 6 games.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oops sorry, careless with words, I meant "they", rather than "you". But surely you know what I mean? Every week some will predict a win, some a lose, and then whoever is right, some will come on "I told you so". While keeping quiet when they get it wrong. Well, that's what I do :D
But it's the same tedious doom mongers who take over the forum whenever there's a poor run.

They deserve to be called out in my opinion. They seem far happier if proven correct than rejoicing when their predictions turn out wrong.

I myself predicted we'd in all probability finish between 8th and 15th this season. Right now I'd love to be proven right but I'd be ecstatic if I were wrong, as long as wrong meant a top 7 finish.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it's the same tedious doom mongers who take over the forum whenever there's a poor run.

They deserve to be called out in my opinion. They seem far happier if proven correct than rejoicing when their predictions turn out wrong.

I myself predicted we'd in all probability finish between 8th and 15th this season. Right now I'd love to be proven right but I'd be ecstatic if I were wrong, as long as wrong meant a top 7 finish.

I take it you're not a fan of "Depressive Realism"? :)

I find both extremes tedious, well the excessive doom moongers is tedious. The excessive Pollyanna-ish positivity is irritating. I do try and not fall for knee jerk reactions, a couple of bad results is not relegation but also a couple of good ones is not a Champions League challenge.

As for "calling out"? What is this? The Spanish Inquisition? North Korea? :oops: I don't see why anyone on a football forum needs calling out other than for personal insults and abuse of course. After the win against Arsenal, there were plenty happy at winning and a few doubly happy as they had a good gloat at those who thought we'd lose - which was a quite rational viewpoint at the time and one held by the neutral media, bookies etc and any neutral who has no bias for and against us.

I used to think it odd that many seemed more interested in discussing the other supporters than the actual club. When I joined, vowed to keep it to the football only - well, that didn't last, did it? :D Too much time on my hands now "working" from home all day...devil finds work for idle hands and all that. Think I will double down on effort to keep it to football only from now on. It's so easy to get sucked into all the arguing though, like a bad soap opera you know is not good but you keep having to watch. :)

Anyway, we did just have a really bad run and were playing relegation form football for too long for my liking. Surely we have to accept people are going to be suggesting whats going wrong and what needs changing? How do you do that without being critical ot=r (as some do) keep repeating "I trust the club I trust the club I trust the club... have faith in the Glorious Leader..." ad nauseum.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I find both extremes tedious, well the excessive doom moongers is tedious. The excessive Pollyanna-ish positivity is irritating. I do try and not fall for knee jerk reactions, a couple of bad results is not relegation but also a couple of good ones is not a Champions League challenge.

As for "calling out"? What is this? The Spanish Inquisition? North Korea? :oops: I don't see why anyone on a football forum needs calling out other than for personal insults and abuse of course. After the win against Arsenal, there were plenty happy at winning and a few doubly happy as they had a good gloat at those who thought we'd lose - which was a quite rational viewpoint at the time and one held by the neutral media, bookies etc and any neutral who has no bias for and against us.

I used to think it odd that many seemed more interested in discussing the other supporters than the actual club. When I joined, vowed to keep it to the football only - well, that didn't last, did it? :D Too much time on my hands now "working" from home all day...devil finds work for idle hands and all that. Think I will double down on effort to keep it to football only from now on. It's so easy to get sucked into all the arguing though, like a bad soap opera you know is not good but you keep having to watch. :)

Anyway, we did just have a really bad run and were playing relegation form football for too long for my liking. Surely we have to accept people are going to be suggesting whats going wrong and what needs changing? How do you do that without being critical ot (as some do) keep repeating "I trust the club I trust the club I trust the club ..." ad nauseum.
I must say I love your posts Contrarian! Long may your way with words transcend discussion of the actual club!

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ive got a good feeling about our next 3. Feel they are all winnable. Southampton in dissaray, Leeds are just the team our 5 at the back counter attack system works best against, Newcastle are very poor and could be missing Wilson and other injuries.
Villa, liverpool, man city after that i am less convinced as this genuinely could be zero points. So it is important we pick up as many as possible in next 3 and progress in the cup which i feel we should have a real go at.
Play like we did against Leicester and 6 points from next 3 would be the minimum in my eyes.
I always get annoyed by midtable prem teams who lose in the cup when their season is a midtable bore anyway. So I would take a win tomorrow over anything. Not saying Nuno would disrespect the cup but lets have a real go! Might be our only chance of salvation for this season!!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyway, we did just have a really bad run and were playing relegation form football for too long for my liking. Surely we have to accept people are going to be suggesting whats going wrong and what needs changing? How do you do that without being critical ot=r (as some do) keep repeating "I trust the club I trust the club I trust the club... have faith in the Glorious Leader..." ad nauseum.
Gotta agree with the extremes. It is tedious. When we win two in a row some will be saying it's not too late to make a run for the champions league!!!

Many are too quick to jump the gun in either direction.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry?

Back
Top Bottom