Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Six League Games

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (A)

I fancy us to start picking up some points over this next set of fixtures, and we all know we need to. I think with Jose on board and Neves returning we’ll see a change in our fortunes.

I said on another thread I’d go a back five for a bit but looking at this set of games I’d maybe mix it up a bit more (for the Newcastle fixture especially) and go with four at the back.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (A)

I fancy us to start picking up some points over this next set of fixtures, and we all know we need to. I think with Jose on board and Neves returning we’ll see a change in our fortunes.

I said on another thread I’d go a back five for a bit but looking at this set of games I’d maybe mix it up a bit more (for the Newcastle fixture especially) and go with four at the back.
I think if we go 7 - 6 - 3 it might help.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (A)

I dont see any points from this lot the way we are playing and going with a back 4 v Newcastle is madness....did you see the pace of Wilson and the fit again St Maxine they would run us ragged with simple balls over the top,

Our only chance is dogged defending in every game hope for a clean sheet and a plucky 1 nil win.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On current form and a bit of luck I can see no more than 4 points from that set of fixtures.

Maybe a draw against Leeds and a win against Newcastle I cant see any of the others yielding many returns.

I hope I am wrong as that would leave us on 27 pts with 9 to go. That is seriously dangerous territory.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On current form and a bit of luck I can see no more than 4 points from that set of fixtures.

Maybe a draw against Leeds and a win against Newcastle I cant see any of the others yielding many returns.

I hope I am wrong as that would leave us on 27 pts with 9 to go. That is seriously dangerous territory.
38 seems to be the magic number. No team in the last 6 seasons has been relegated with 38+ points.

Only one team has been relegated with 36+ (37) in those 6 seasons.

D

Deleted member 11332

Normally there would be 5 fixtures there is class as winnable. Leicester being the real difficult one. The way we are playing though, who knows. We could get zero.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
38 seems to be the magic number. No team in the last 6 seasons has been relegated with 38+ points.

Only one team has been relegated with 36+ (37) in those 6 seasons.
I dont see us getting there the way were playing. 15 pts at this stage is a long way off.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont see any points from this lot the way we are playing and going with a back 4 v Newcastle is madness....did you see the pace of Wilson and the fit again St Maxine they would run us ragged with simple balls over the top,

Our only chance is dogged defending in every game hope for a clean sheet and a plucky 1 nil win.
I don’t want us setting up against a side like Newcastle to defend dogged.

D

Deleted member 4184

9 points out of that lot and I'll be content.

Can't see us getting any less than 9.

I dont see us getting there the way were playing. 15 pts at this stage is a long way off.

Equally, when we were top 6 in November, you wouldn't have seen us in this position come the end of January!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9 points out of that lot and I'll be content.

Can't see us getting any less than 9.

Equally, when we were top 6 in November, you wouldn't have seen us in this position come the end of January!
Very true but confidence is key is football. We didn't have alot then and have zero now. Every team in the league is in better form than us. Did I expect in Nov to see the drop of we have had? No. Did I think we were playing well? No. Did I think worse team were around than us? Yes. Do I now? Not a ****ing chance.

D

Deleted member 4184

Very true but confidence is key is football. We didn't have alot then and have zero now. Every team in the league is in better form than us. Did I expect in Nov to see the drop of we have had? No. Did I think we were playing well? No. Did I think worse team were around than us? Yes. Do I now? Not a ****ing chance.

Yep! You are right, I just think the squad has too much quality to not drag itself out of this crisis.

D

Deleted member 4008

I see six points . If not then time to start looking for a new manager .

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to somehow fluke a win in one of the first three games to get that off our back before the more winnable games on paper of Leeds & Newcastle.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unless we change direction.....more effort and better tactical nous. Positive is that we have a CF that gives us some attacking focus and in the box guile. Just defending and going sideways will be a tactical calamity IMHO.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal - L
Leicetser - D
Southampton - L
Leeds - W
Newcastle - W
Villa - L
Foxes draw................... if only we could, we are so far off them at the present time!

I'd settle for what you predict in a flash, but can't see it with the present tactics and effort. We have some players who can hurt teams; we need some way to get the team to operate to supply them with sufficient forward possession at some speed to give them a chance IMHO.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a minimum of 9 imo. Will we get it, no idea.

We simply have to grind out results. Not just the odd point here or there, we have to start getting wins on the board.

Please let it start in the next game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just 3 League games in Feb:
Soton away Sun 14th 12 noon on Amazon
Leeds home Fri 19th 8pm BT
Toon away Sat 27th 8pm Sky

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just 3 League games in Feb:
Soton away Sun 14th 12 noon on Amazon
Leeds home Fri 19th 8pm BT
Toon away Sat 27th 8pm Sky
Just going to fill us in on the remaining ones then, we’ll forget about the 2 so far that have yielded 4 points when popular opinion seemed to be we’d get 0.
Understandable gloom when this thread was created, 4 points a great start with the most difficult 2 out of the way.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great if Leeds v Palace today was a draw and stay within reach. I’m not going to jinx the next part by saying it.:)

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be looking for us to remain unbeaten during the remaining fixtures; assuming we win at least one of those games that would be a pleasing return.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foxes draw................... if only we could, we are so far off them at the present time!

I'd settle for what you predict in a flash, but can't see it with the present tactics and effort. We have some players who can hurt teams; we need some way to get the team to operate to supply them with sufficient forward possession at some speed to give them a chance IMHO.
Brilliant

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just going to fill us in on the remaining ones then, we’ll forget about the 2 so far that have yielded 4 points when popular opinion seemed to be we’d get 0.
Understandable gloom when this thread was created, 4 points a great start with the most difficult 2 out of the way.
The Mix Nostradamus' got it wrong? Surely not!!!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle will beat us. Plain and simple. Aint beat them in 4 games is it?
I know this post is slightly old but can you explain to me how this logic works? You reckon Newcastle will beat us "plain and simple", because we haven't beaten them in four games.

Yet they haven't beaten us in five?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this post is slightly old but can you explain to me how this logic works? You reckon Newcastle will beat us "plain and simple", because we haven't beaten them in four games.

Yet they haven't beaten us in five?
By that logic every team will win at Anfield as Liverpool have lost the last 3 there!!!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mix Nostradamus' got it wrong? Surely not!!!!

Week after week for months, there were predictions of 3 and 4 nil wins for us "this is the week we turn it round". It didn't happen though did it? Not for what, 9 matches? It's not just those who predict a loss who are as useless at predicting! Keep predicting a win every week and even Albion fans will get it right occasionally. And then you can bask in the self-righteous glow of feeling like a real supporter.:oops:

Back
Top Bottom