Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Seasons Shirts

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the club go the route of an unknown start up brand rather than one of the established names such as Nike, Adidas or Puma etc, it will be a really bad look for the Wolves “brand”.

I really pray they don’t go this route, the Burrda era was ****ing awful, it just reeks of being absolutely tinpot.

I mean even Blues have got classic looking Nike shirts and we could end up kitted out in some “Sudu” garbage?

I await some dinosaur telling me they don’t care about what brand we are wearing and that it doesn’t matter but in todays world, it is essential for an ambitious club to look the part and have a well known kit supplier.

How many people are gonna run to the club shop to spend their hard earned money on “Sudu” rubbish? Get a classy looking plain gold and black shirt with either adidas stripes or a Nike tick and stop ****ing around Wolves, please.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a bit tinpot, it will be interesting to see how much we sell if it is an own brand. It’s a very materialistic society, people love a popular brand name.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club go the route of an unknown start up brand rather than one of the established names such as Nike, Adidas or Puma etc, it will be a really bad look for the Wolves “brand”.

I really pray they don’t go this route, the Burrda era was ****ing awful, it just reeks of being absolutely tinpot.

I mean even Blues have got classic looking Nike shirts and we could end up kitted out in some “Sudu” garbage?

I await some dinosaur telling me they don’t care about what brand we are wearing and that it doesn’t matter but in todays world, it is essential for an ambitious club to look the part and have a well known kit supplier.

How many people are gonna run to the club shop to spend their hard earned money on “Sudu” rubbish? Get a classy looking plain gold and black shirt with either adidas stripes or a Nike tick and stop ****ing around Wolves, please.

We had Adidas & other the first seasons kit, they weren't great. Genuinely don't understand the fascination with having a Nike or Adidas.

Long as the kits good and we get enough money from the deal, who cares. Plenty of have bought the Castore gear. Only have to see the number of those hoodies, replica tops, training tops etc are seen on match days, round the city & gym to see the brand name isn't a big thing anymore.

Castore were hardly a house hold name when we signed with them & I'd argue their kits have been as good as anything produced by Adidas & Puma (big name brands we've had) and the leisure wear stuff is the best we've ever had.

I'm sure the class Blues Nike kit will look great in the league one.

If you're buying stuff just for a brand name, not sure the kit stuff is for you mate.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We had Adidas & other the first seasons kit, they weren't great. Genuinely don't understand the fascination with having a Nike or Adidas.

Long as the kits good and we get enough money from the deal, who cares. Plenty of have bought the Castore gear. Only have to see the number of those hoodies, replica tops, training tops etc are seen on match days, round the city & gym to see the brand name isn't a big thing anymore.

Castore were hardly a house hold name when we signed with them & I'd argue their kits have been as good as anything produced by Adidas & Puma (big name brands we've had) and the leisure wear stuff is the best we've ever had.

If you're buying stuff just for a brand name, not sure the kit stuff is for you mate.

The “fascination” with Nike and Adidas is they are the two most successful sports brands in the world by an absolute landslide and the reason most successful clubs get their shirts supplied by them because branding in this day and age is essential. That’s just the way it is.

“Who cares” - I mean, anyone who is at least a little bit brand conscious? If you want to go out kitted in “Sudu” gear that’s up to you but I’d rather my football club be associated with one of the big boys so we actually look respectful and not like some Sunday league outfit.

Would Man City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool do a deal with “Sudu”? Would PSG, Real Madrid or AC Milan?

No, because it looks ****ing ****. All of them are either with Nike, Adidas or Puma and they always will be. Successful football clubs need a succesful kit supplier to keep up their overall brand. It’s not rocket science.

I have no issue with Castore, although a newish brand they have a luxury element to them, and work with various other big clubs, Villa, Newcastle, Leverkusen and they’re also big in Formula One, cricket + other sports I believe. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

If we end up with “Sudu” as our next kit supplier that’s a huge step backwards for the Wolves brand. I pray these are just stupid rumours.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The “fascination” with Nike and Adidas is they are the two most successful sports brands in the world by an absolute landslide and the reason most successful clubs get their shirts supplied by them because branding in this day and age is essential. That’s just the way it is.

“Who cares” - I mean, anyone who is at least a little bit brand conscious? If you want to go out kitted in “Sudu” gear that’s up to you but I’d rather my football club be associated with one of the big boys so we actually look respectful and not like some Sunday league outfit.

Would Man City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool do a deal with “Sudu”? Would PSG, Real Madrid or AC Milan?

No, because it looks ****ing ****. All of them are either with Nike, Adidas or Puma and they always will be. Successful football clubs need a succesful kit supplier to keep up their overall brand. It’s not rocket science.

I have no issue with Castore, although a newish brand they have a luxury element to them, and work with various other big clubs, Villa, Newcastle, Leverkusen and they’re also big in Formula One, cricket + other sports I believe. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

If we end up with “Sudu” as our next kit supplier that’s a huge step backwards for the Wolves brand. I pray these are just stupid rumours.
I think you care about it more than the average supporter!

Perhaps the reason the super huge clubs have the major suppliers is actually the other way round to what you suggest….. ie, Nike or adidas etc pay big money to have THEIR brand associated with those big clubs, it’s possibly not the clubs seeking the specific manufacturer.
If Barcelona were offered twice as much money by sudu or whoever, I suspect they would take it. We will certainly go with the supplier that makes us the most money.

fleck1

Reaction score
A massive own goal if we go down the own brand inhouse route. Especially with the younger fan base its all about names and labels, times have changed since we have gone here before and society is driven by having the latest technology, fashion, big names and brands.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So you're getting bent out of shape over a rumour?

If I'm comparing apples and oranges, aren't you doing the same by comparing us to Arsenal, United, Madrid, etc with who they've got their kits designed by?

I get the reason for wanting them I suppose but I'd rather have a kit that looks good, isn't just a generic paint by numbers kit (which is what you get if you're not one of the big boys with them brands) and one that is reasonably priced.

Each to their own I suppose.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3AD9FF5D-E406-4EB5-AA3B-F21C595596A0.jpegThis was made in house and was a good kit lovely little wwfc! Colour near perfect for old gold…

The boggies did their own kit too few years back and probably the best one they’ve had not that counts for much

However sudu instead of wwfc would look a little silly unless it’s written in some Chinese writting which no fan can translate might make it look more unique

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats literally the modern football fan. Its about the brand not the team.

Cant imagine newer fans (outside of the Asian demographic) running to the clubshop to buy SUDU kits(if the rumour is to be believed anyway). What a ****e name for a brand too

surreywolf

Reaction score
View attachment 42394This was made in house and was a good kit lovely little wwfc! Colour near perfect for old gold…

The boggies did their own kit too few years back and probably the best one they’ve had not that counts for much

However sudu instead of wwfc would look a little silly unless it’s written in some Chinese writting which no fan can translate might make it look more unique

I’m sorry but that was a shocking kit.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 42394This was made in house and was a good kit lovely little wwfc! Colour near perfect for old gold…

It’s a hideous colour. It’s nearly brown.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So you're getting bent out of shape over a rumour?

If I'm comparing apples and oranges, aren't you doing the same by comparing us to Arsenal, United, Madrid, etc with who they've got their kits designed by?

I get the reason for wanting them I suppose but I'd rather have a kit that looks good, isn't just a generic paint by numbers kit (which is what you get if you're not one of the big boys with them brands) and one that is reasonably priced.

Each to their own I suppose.

There won’t be a single kit with SUDU on it in massive letters that “looks good”, it’ll look tinpot Sunday league, but at least like you said it’ll be reasonably priced when they’re flogging them for a tenner come Christmas when they’ve sold about 10% of what they did when we first went with Adidas.

I’m not getting “bent out of shape” at all just stating an opinion.

I can’t help getting flashbacks to how rubbish we looked (both as a brand and on the pitch, ironically) during the Burdda era. Shudders.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It wasn’t the colour that bugged me about that particular kit, it was the badge.

The FC badge was the worst in our history when it was first brought in, they then outdid themselves by reversing the colour scheme on it. Horrible.

Collar, colour and sponsor were all good, in my opinion. Close to the gold of the 40s and 50s that people often dub ‘old gold’ even though old gold itself is actually much closer to yellow. Not my words, the words of Pantone Magazine.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t the colour that bugged me about that particular kit, it was the badge.

The FC badge was the worst in our history when it was first brought in, they then outdid themselves by reversing the colour scheme on it. Horrible.

Collar, colour and sponsor were all good, in my opinion. Close to the gold of the 40s and 50s that people often dub ‘old gold’ even though old gold itself is actually much closer to yellow. Not my words, the words of Pantone Magazine.
I think the older kits are better (not templates) and we should change the colour now and then to give us a unique identity. Gold comes in many different shades.

1877 blue and white hoops qpr style
1883 blue and white stripes sheff wed style
1887 red and white stripes stokey style
1889/90 we moved to gold

The 1977 or 1979 home tops have to be some of the best we’ve had

All personal preference though isn’t it. To me the current kit is more yellow than gold but that’s just me. People will have different tastes

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the older kits are better (not templates) and we should change the colour now and then to give us a unique identity. Gold comes in many different shades.

1877 blue and white hoops qpr style
1883 blue and white stripes sheff wed style
1887 red and white stripes stokey style
1889/90 we moved to gold

The 1977 or 1979 home tops have to be some of the best we’ve had

All personal preference though isn’t it. To me the current kit is more yellow than gold but that’s just me. People will have different tastes
I wouldn’t mind us altering the shade of gold, if you look at Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool they’ve had different hues of their main colour over the years.

Agreed re those 70s kits.

I do feel that some of our shirts over the years have been a bit too orange, particularly the money shop era ones.

As for this season’s shirt I feel it’s important that the sponsor remains black with no other colours on their logo.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, anyone who is at least a little bit brand conscious? If you want to go out kitted in “Sudu” gear that’s up to you but I’d rather my football club be associated with one of the big boys so we actually look respectful and not like some Sunday league outfit.

Capitalism has turned your brain to mush buddy

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d think with all the positive talk about brand and USP that we’d have something more aspirational or high brow, bit sad if it just comes down to cost per unit. Where we are I guess.
Just for once it’d be nice if the club didn’t sell its self out to the highest bidder.

It just seems odd that if we’re a club that wants to try and increase brand awareness around the globe that we would choose to have our kits made by a company the Dog and Duck wouldn’t wear on a Sunday morning.

surreywolf

Reaction score
It just seems odd that if we’re a club that wants to try and increase brand awareness around the globe that we would choose to have our kits made by a company the Dog and Duck wouldn’t wear on a Sunday morning.
Spot on. Young South Korean fans are currently throwing money at us - surely therefore a decent brand matters?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. Young South Korean fans are currently throwing money at us - surely therefore a decent brand matters?

Hwang could wear a garish Hawaiian shirt with a repeating pattern consisting entirely of Fred Wests face on it and those consoomers would buy it.

Wait and see what they produce first, it might actually be good.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real Madrid away kit 2024/25.
Why can't we have one like this?

View attachment 42370

This is all what Adidas needed to do for us, and it would've been a best seller.
Instead 2/3 of their shirts looked like the pattern on bus seats. Unfortunately, we're little old wolves, so we're left with no say on the matter. It's just 'take your orange rebadged arsenal training top and be happy with what you've got'.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Capitalism has turned your brain to mush buddy

The irony of this - if the club choose some no-mark cheap quality shirt company for more cash upfront rather than an established brand that actually gives the fans value for money… ha.

What colour shoes do clowns wear these days?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The irony of this - if the club choose some no-mark cheap quality shirt company for more cash upfront rather than an established brand that actually gives the fans value for money… ha.

What colour shoes do clowns wear these days?

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night worrying that somebody saw you out and about wearing velcros when you were 10?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given Levy's involvement lets see if Spuds go down that route.... I seriously doubt it!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stone Island or Aquascutum. If that's too bold then Lacoste or Tacchini (below)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_213729.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_213729.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom