Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

News of the world football finance report.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has us as the second highest asset rich club in the prem with £66.2m of assets. Not a bad £30,000,010 investment was it!!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate, their site dosn't give the same club by club breakdown as the paper

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I had a look but couldn't find it. Thanks, anyway.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only us and Blooze in the black. Top earner is Mancienne 1.5 million and we have a annual wage bill of 13.86 million. Only Stoke and Burnley have a lower wage bill.

Also says in the NOTW we are looking at Leon Best from Coventry for the Jan transfer window.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only us and Blooze in the black. Top earner is Mancienne 1.5 million and we have a annual wage bill of 13.86 million. Only Stoke and Burnley have a lower wage bill.

I can't believe Stoke have a lower wage bill than us!!

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those figures will be for 2008/09, I assume?

Doesnt say. Just reports it as 2009. But it does state the pre tax proffits for 2008.

Our net assets are also better than all clubs except Arsenal.

M

Mr Wolf

A bit greedy I know but can anyone sort of re-do the paper report and put the figs on here.

D

Dewsburywolf

It also says something about Steve Morgan selling Redrow for £250M or whatever but I thought he was slowly buying it back?

J

Jameswwfc

No way mancienne on 30 grand a week. He only just signed a 18,000 week deal at Chelsea in summer.

S

SaleWolf

Also says in the NOTW we are looking at Leon Best from Coventry for the Jan transfer window.

If this is even a consideration for us, then please will the Premier League relegate us first thing on Monday Morning.

Leon Best and Danny Webber in the Premier League. Yep, definately the best league in the world :rolleyes:

R

reanswolf

Surprised only us, Stoke, Burnley and Hull pay wages totalling between £9-14m PA. Even Blues pay £26m, the likes of wigan and bolton and blacburn nearly £40m and of course Man Utd, arsenal and Chelski all over £100m PA with chelski top at £172m.

The gulf is vast and very unhealthy, as we all knew anyway. We have no right to be in the same league really.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised only us, Stoke, Burnley and Hull pay wages totalling between £9-14m PA. Even Blues pay £26m, the likes of wigan and bolton and blacburn nearly £40m and of course Man Utd, arsenal and Chelski all over £100m PA with chelski top at £172m.

The gulf is vast and very unhealthy, as we all knew anyway. We have no right to be in the same league really.

We have every right to be there.
We don't have the stupidity to put ourselves into so much debt that the debt is worth more than the club itself, thankfully.

M

MancWolf1

Doesnt say. Just reports it as 2009. But it does state the pre tax proffits for 2008.

Our net assets are also better than all clubs except Arsenal.

The article is based on Deloitte's 2009 football finance report which covers the 2007/08 season and therefore has little relevance to the current season or indeed last season.

I expect our total wage bill will be in the region of £35m for this season (financial year) with a turnover of around £55m.

The £66.2m of net assets recorded in 2007/08 will be pretty similar as of today and clearly demonstrates that the club is in a very healthy and stable financial position.

M

MancWolf1

Can somebody tell PeteWolf?

Do you mean EssexWolf?

Who lest we forget was the infamous ex-poster who repeatedly alleged that our previous owner was taking funds out of the club only to then suddenly disappear when that previous owner sold the club for £10 on the condition that thirty million pounds was added to the club's balance sheet.

A rather embarrassing turn of events it has to be said. :D

H

HazelGroveWolf

Do you mean EssexWolf?

Who lest we forget was the infamous ex-poster who repeatedly alleged that our previous owner was taking funds out of the club only to then suddenly disappear when that previous owner sold the club for £10 on the condition that thirty million pounds was added to the club's balance sheet.

A rather embarrassing turn of events it has to be said. :D

You sayin PeteWolf=Thick Plod?
Where's me tin hat smilee?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jabbawolf

Was speaking to a Cov fan on Saturday who said don't be fooled by his current purple patch, he is gash.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to have been a LOT of speculation & guesstimates to arrive at those figures & present them as currently meaningful.

As stated above, it's unlikely the Mancienne figure is correct & wouldn't Chelsea be paying a percentage of his salary anyway?

Strangely (or not) only 2 clubs quote the manager as the highest earner (Burnley & Arsenal).

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would not have quoted the NOTW usually, but the figures did seem very precise and believable!!

Back
Top Bottom