Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Verdict

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given we now have the Jota replacement and potentially the second coming of Bully, I want to say how special that was from Hwang yesterday. To pass the ball into the back of the net with both feet is a beautiful thing. But what I loved was his nonchalance with it. No pent up anger and frustration coming out, no shock that he's hit the back of the net - just a smile and a knowing look that said "that's what I do". Quality and ruthless.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He tried to hammer it in when power wasn't need, just needed get it on target to score.
Yep, always used to think Jota used to try and smash the **** out of some shots that just need to be directed in.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be bottom of the list atm but Bruno selected him to start over Adama who time and time again creates and scores nothing!

Trincao is going to be class this season.

Just give him a bit more time FGS!

So you are happy to write traore off, but not Trincao . Makes a lot of sense

Laughable that you think traore creates nothing . You cannot genuinely think that

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it is a question of being negative, but saying what we see.

Of course, 3 points mean that we are all relatively OK. But we musn't kid ourselves about how we played and that some individuals just are not performing at the moment. A massive concern for me today was the lack of substitutions when it was clear that Moutinho and Trincao were not in any way contributing. 60 mins was perfect timing, to leave it until 86 was extremely concerning, particularly in light of how Trincao played.

That type of performance against a top 4 team is 0-4/5.
I think if we were getting duffed up 0-2 or more, Bruno would’ve made the changes earlier.

The team is still, essentially, the one that gave us such defensive dross last year after exhausting themselves following two very good previous seasons and little investment. It’s not going to fully develop into the team we had glimpses of during our first 3 games. The energy isn’t there, particularly in midfield. It needs new legs. At least v Newcastle we were more clinical. Trincao will be losing sleep over his miss but we need to persevere. As so many Mixers keep pointing out, the key to our overall improvement is our midfield, which seemed somewhat pedestrian again yesterday.

Bilbrook Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Guy collapsed. People were screaming at the stewards to get the paramedics but it seemed a bit of a shambles and took an age for them to get to him. Saw a paramedic with what looked like a defibrillator so really hop the guy is ok.
Yeah I was shocked how slow the response was, was obvious what people were gesturing for but the stewards just seemed to ignore them for a while.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked how slow the response was, was obvious what people were gesturing for but the stewards just seemed to ignore them for a while.
It was ridiculous there were loads of people in their feet screaming at the stewards for help but they were incredibly slow to react and when they did there was no sense of urgency.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you are happy to write traore off, but not Trincao . Makes a lot of sense

Laughable that you think traore creates nothing . You cannot genuinely think that
I think hes saying its silly to write off a player after half a dozen games
Hes young and totally new to the club and country

He obviously has talent,just needs to lose some of the sulk if things go wrong
Traore has been here for 3 years not 3 months,and still sulks when things go wrong

I dont know if Traore wants to be here or not, he certainly didnt look happy yesterday,but both have immense talent sometimes its just a case of getting your head down and working for the team

I was a bit bemused with some of our play yesterday
We had players in good attacking positions but continually chose to play safe
I understand we needed the points but unless you take risks you gain nothing and we almost threw away an easy win by playing too defensive minded
This has obviously come from the top,and Bruno needs to get back some of his swagger

A mix of the two would be perfect,but lets try and remember we are at home, and expect to attack teams, especially when they are as fragile as Newcastle were

9 from 7 is ok and we arguably could have had 15 and been top 6 but that would have been a false position
Where we currently are is about right,mid table

I hope we can get a few more points from the next couple of games,we have a horrible run of fixtures in December coming up

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Trincao will be ok, just needs a bit of time. Don't think he's too lightweight, in the first half where he played quite well imo, defenders where trying to kick lumps out of him and he never tried to hide. Terrible miss of course and think that was still on his mind in the build up to their goal.
Wasn't in the game much second half, should have been swapped for Traore imo

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I.M.O. Marcal should be benched for game v Villa.

Trincao will definitely come good and his miss on Saturday, has been replicated by numerous players over the years.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought it was really poor but we won, which is the most important thing. Marcal was a joke again, he needs to be dropped for Ait Nouri; and I thought Jimenez and Kilman were both excellent. Raul is the major positive.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good perspective from the opposition:

That is a great report. Interesting how 2 Newcastle supporters quoted on here saw Wolves as a class above Newcastle, or should have won 3-0. Yes we have problems still, most obviously in midfield and wing back but I do think there is an over focusing on the negative.

In Hwang and Jimenez we have a potential partnership that belongs in the top half of the premier league. Watching Hwang's first goal a few times - some criticised the goalkeeper - but i think it was an even better finish than i first thought. It looks as though he is going to blast it, so Darlo (?) has to stay standing, anticipating one at the near post, but then he deftly sidefoots it past him into the side netting. The disguise, composure and execution were outstanding. His confidence will be sky high after that.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did deserve to win, but it wasnt a good performance. The worrying thing for me is despite the results, our style of play and how we execute it is regressing.
When we played well and lost the first 3 games lots of wolves fans were worrying. What happens when we play badly some said? Well looks like we win 3 out of 4 is the answer. Not getting at you specifically, but maybe we just all worry too much :tearsofjoy:

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Result: Good.
Team Performance: Adequate.
Sa: Always involved. Sometimes it backfires. And sometimes it saves our behind. Bottom Line? He's a keeper (see what I did there?)
Jimenez: Shut me up with a vengeance.
Hwang: Delicious.
Kilman: Precious.
Saiss: Strong.
Coady: Captainy (I write what I want even if it means coining new words).
Trincao: Potential evident. Worth nurturing.
Moutinho: Golden oldie. Sometimes Golden, sometimes just oldie.
Neves: Disappointing.
Marcal: Still providing value for money (5 Million transfer fee FFS).
Semedo: Did his job defensively. His forward play WILL get better, age, talent, physique is in his favour.

Referee: Nope. The words "put" and "down" keep coming up, but I'm in enough trouble with the mods.
Like this report. Minimalist, pithy (i'm actually not 100 per cent sure i know what that word means but let's go with it). I look forward to the next

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we played well and lost the first 3 games lots of wolves fans were worrying. What happens when we play badly some said? Well looks like we win 3 out of 4 is the answer. Not getting at you specifically, but maybe we just all worry too much :tearsofjoy:

I think it is a worry just with our performances. We are regressing in terms of how good we looked as a team in the first 3 games compared to the the last 3 or 4. A better team than Newcastle would have beaten us comfortably, same with Southampton last week. The wins just dont seem to be breeding confidence.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is a worry just with our performances. We are regressing in terms of how good we looked as a team in the first 3 games compared to the the last 3 or 4. A better team than Newcastle would have beaten us comfortably, same with Southampton last week. The wins just dont seem to be breeding confidence.
But the big positive is, in contrast to last season, we have a real cutting edge up front which will win us games against most of the bottom half of the league imho. Remember the second half of this team's first season in the prem, where Jota and Jimenez used to win us games on their own? We weren't always great shakes then, but we were solid and organised and had match winners up front. There is much to sort out in midfield and defence, I agree, but give Lage time to do that (and some players in January!) and in the meantime, Hwang and Jimenez are a huge cause for optimism. Keep them fit and it should mean we are heading for mid table, regardless of the work in progress behind them.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all. Thank you for all your kind messages. Being administered pure oxygen , antibiotics through Canula and steroids going in too
Managed to watch MOTD on Iplayer on my phone two cracking finishes. 2 brilliant assists
But oh for a centre back
Well you were able to watch the game from your hospital bed, that's good, you enjoyed the goals, that's good.
Finished the post with a hint of a moan, that's good, it indicates that you're on the road to recovery, back to normal.

Joking apart, I hope so anyway, get well soon.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
That is a great report. Interesting how 2 Newcastle supporters quoted on here saw Wolves as a class above Newcastle, or should have won 3-0. Yes we have problems still, most obviously in midfield and wing back but I do think there is an over focusing on the negative.

In Hwang and Jimenez we have a potential partnership that belongs in the top half of the premier league. Watching Hwang's first goal a few times - some criticised the goalkeeper - but i think it was an even better finish than i first thought. It looks as though he is going to blast it, so Darlo (?) has to stay standing, anticipating one at the near post, but then he deftly sidefoots it past him into the side netting. The disguise, composure and execution were outstanding. His confidence will be sky high after that.
The interesting thing is that they say we played within ourselves and could have gone a gear or 4 up if we had to...

Different perspectives....

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all. Thank you for all your kind messages. Being administered pure oxygen , antibiotics through Canula and steroids going in too
Managed to watch MOTD on Iplayer on my phone two cracking finishes. 2 brilliant assists
But oh for a centre back
Hope you're home soon, enjoying your own natural fresh air!

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Geordie who managed to momentarily hypnotise Moutinho into believing he was a Newcastle defender (towards the end of the game) needs to concentrate on his own team. That's my take on that crazy bit of play, probably the craziest bit of play I've ever seen, considering the space in front of Joao and the options that were available. Madness.
One of the worst moments i've witnessed in my life on any pitch. Embarrassing and shocking!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two poor teams. We were marginally less poor. Can’t work out if Hwang’s finishes were brilliant ball placement or terrible goalkeeping?!

Few positives, BUT, this victory and the Southampton one are key indicators that we can beat the teams we ‘should’ be beating and that’s going to be hugely important as this season grinds on.
Great finishes with less than ideal positioning by the gk, Wrighty's view on MOTD ( one of the better pundits).

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great finishes with less than ideal positioning by the gk, Wrighty's view on MOTD ( one of the better pundits).
I noticed that once again they went nowhere near discussing the incident with Sa as they often do with our contraversial incidents. If nothing else should the game have been stopped for the injury. All we have to do is to remember the incident with Bert Trautmann to know he played on not knowing he had a broken neck.
We seem to get more than our fair share of bad refereeing decisions and one day the club is going to have to do something about it. It is cheating. whether it is intentional or not.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that once again they went nowhere near discussing the incident with Sa as they often do with our contraversial incidents. If nothing else should the game have been stopped for the injury. All we have to do is to remember the incident with Bert Trautmann to know he played on not knowing he had a broken neck.
We seem to get more than our fair share of bad refereeing decisions and one day the club is going to have to do something about it. It is cheating. whether it is intentional or not.
They didn't cover it at all did they.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
But oh for a centre back

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Rosehill.

Hopefully you’re back in contention for selection after the international break.

Take good care.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Surprised they didn’t mention it. If you watch it back the referee is about to blow the whistle but he sees Sa stand back up. If he’d stopped down I think the ref stops the game, foul or not.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was there a moments applause before kickoff yesterday for Roger Hunt?

I can’t remember there being one (and I’d only had 4 beers before kickoff!) the commentary on the Palace game just now has said there has been one at each PL game.

Must have completely passed me by if so!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the more intriguing aspects of yesterday and Hwang's performance is what the knock-on effect will be for Traore. Does Adama score either of those two goals, let alone both of them? Is building the partnership between Hwang and Raul now more important and beneficial than Adama's lightning-in-a-bottle moments that rarely lead to anything concrete? Find a way to accommodate the talents of all three and we're purring, but you could make a solid case for starting Hwang and Raul as more of a two, or a three with a more dependable Podence or Trincao rotating, leaving Adama on the bench, if that leads to more goals and better team performances...

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was there a moments applause before kickoff yesterday for Roger Hunt?

I can’t remember there being one (and I’d only had 4 beers before kickoff!) the commentary on the Palace game just now has said there has been one at each PL game.

Must have completely passed me by if so!
You mean the bit where the players all stood in a circle, the announcer did a short eulogy and the whole crowd clapped for a minute (in fact probably more like 2).
You sure you'd only had 4 beers?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom