Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Takeover

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
But remember, they're not going to be a threat...

What threat??

The bigger they are the harder they fall, we love it.

We’ve brought down bigger kills than what they will be, and continue to do so.

Who’s afraid of the Big Bad Wolves?? Everyone. :)...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but I prefer my club not to be in the blood stained hands of bonesaw murdering public executioners with a side-order flair for imaginative torture and female degradation.

The ultimate clown car of a club and a perfect fit for the 'modern' game.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but I prefer my club not to be in the blood stained hands of bonesaw murdering public executioners with a side-order flair for imaginative torture and female degradation.

The ultimate clown car of a club and a perfect fit for the 'modern' game.

That Staveley needs to bring it all home real sweet for sure with the promise if it happens…...the apparent ’tidy’ for her could be anything but if it all fails.

Oggi oggi oggi!!..khash or cash. :neutral:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ho hum... Apparently hard evidence of Saudi Govt links to the mo
There were reports earlier in the year about how the Saudi authorities are failing to tackle pirate broadcasting of the Premier League in the middle east. I believe it's part of their cold war with Qatar. I know the 'fit and proper person' test isn't exactly as extensive as some people might assume, but surely this piracy must be relevant. I'm sure the Saudi's will put forward arguments as to why it's not relevant, but the PIF is working on behalf of the Saudi state and it's the Saudi state who must enforce intellectual property laws in that country. Having an owner of a Premier League club who to some extent is acting against the interests of the League as a whole must be taken into consideration by the football authorities. That's if the reports are accurate of course.
Apparently hard evidence that the reports are indeed accurate...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't suppose the PL will give a tupenny toss about one of its member clubs being owned by a murdering thug, but I'm sure it WILL give a toss about the pirating of its intellectual property rights. A question of getting your priorities right, ay it?

D

Deleted member 9788

I don't suppose the PL will give a tupenny toss about one of its member clubs being owned by a murdering thug, but I'm sure it WILL give a toss about the pirating of its intellectual property rights. A question of getting your priorities right, ay it?
Yeah all owners should come from the same as our owners, a country that is the world leader for human rights and freedom of speech hey....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah all owners should come from the same as our owners, a country that is the world leader for human rights and freedom of speech hey....
Very few, if any (and that includes the Yanks - think Gitmo), foreign PL owners come from countries which fully respect the rights that you mention.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s a difference between being brought by a company WITHIN a country who’s government have issues with human rights than being brought by a state that commits the abuse of human rights.

D

Deleted member 9788

There’s a difference between being brought by a company WITHIN a country who’s government have issues with human rights than being brought by a state that commits the abuse of human rights.
I'm guessing the Chinese government has no involvement in any of their companies hey.

My original point is that most of the owners will have dodgy pasts with obviously some more than others.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Punjabiwolf you're missing the point. What I am referring to is what considerations will weigh heaviest whenever the PL makes a decision about whether a potential owner is a fit and proper person or not. My guess is that it will be considerations of what is in its own commercial interest. And nothing else.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Chinese government has no involvement in any of their companies hey.

My original point is that most of the owners will have dodgy pasts with obviously some more than others.

No you‘re making baseless accusations, stereotyping. Tarnishing everyone with the same brush. Completely devoid of logic.

D

Deleted member 9788

No you‘re making baseless accusations, stereotyping. Tarnishing everyone with the same brush. Completely devoid of logic.
Right so you are saying the Chinese government has no involvement in any of their companies? Ok mate.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right so you are saying the Chinese government has no involvement in any of their companies? Ok mate.
Fosun have been incredible owners and have donated tons of medical supplies both in Wolverhampton and internationally. Sure they are a company in China, a country that is far from perfect and deserves condemnation for Tiananmen square. Ironically it was countries like the UK and the US that didn't cut economic links afterwards. Anyway, if I was a Newcastle fan I would be very disappointed indeed to have such owners. And it's a shame because they are a decent club. Remember when de canio went to Sunderland and their fans being upset by his fascist links when Sunderland has a proud history as a working class club? That's nothing compared to this.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Bale for £53m according to Beeb gossip ....has FFP gone out the window with the economy ?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Bale for £53m according to Beeb gossip ....has FFP gone out the window with the economy ?
No chance Newcastle can afford that plus his ridiculous wages and stay within FFP.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
53m for bale? Seems very low. Newcastle should have a transfer ban as their staff are all furloughed.

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
53m for bale? Seems very low. Newcastle should have a transfer ban as their staff are all furloughed.

Bale will be 31 by the time he gets to sign for anyone else, he can't stay fit, he's on ludicrous money and Real can't wait to get rid. Sounds about right.

As we know all too well from the 90s, having money is one thing. If you don't have the right people spending it then it means nothing.

How much have Everton spent under their new owner to end up being significantly worse than us?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, Newcastle seem to be aspiring to be the new Wet Spam....

Edited to add: But will have to spend/pay even more as they are neither in nor even close to London (which always seems to attract foreign players)....

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle haven't spent much at all for the last 3 seasons, they've got plenty of headroom

That´s how I understand it as well.
I don´t know their three year rolling result,but it has been my impression the club has been run like we were under Jez.
Only FFP rule domestic is no more than a three year rolling 135 mill loss?

If this is somewhat true,they can well afford Bale..and then some.

If the Saudis is serious and have a solid longterm perspective,I see no reason why Newcastle won´t be a force next ten years.

D

Deleted member 4099

FFP will be suspended amended or scrapped. No one including football will be turning down investment after this.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP will be suspended amended or scrapped. No one including football will be turning down investment after this.

I agree.FFP might be scrapped alltogether especially if there is not going to be a 20/21 season..which looks probable from where I´m sitting.

Newcastle will probably be in a position to spend big whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That´s how I understand it as well.
I don´t know their three year rolling result,but it has been my impression the club has been run like we were under Jez.
Only FFP rule domestic is no more than a three year rolling 135 mill loss?

If this is somewhat true,they can well afford Bale..and then some.

If the Saudis is serious and have a solid longterm perspective,I see no reason why Newcastle won´t be a force next ten years.
Newcastle have, I believe, a net spend of 64 million over the last 3 years.
Assuming FFP is still in place, you’re quite right, they could easily spend 50 million on one player.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle have, I believe, a net spend of 64 million over the last 3 years.
Assuming FFP is still in place, you’re quite right, they could easily spend 50 million on one player.
True but he’s apparently on £350 grand a week after tax with two years left on his contract playing for Real Madrid. How much will Newcastle have to offer him to lure him there?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True but he’s apparently on £350 grand a week after tax with two years left on his contract playing for Real Madrid. How much will Newcastle have to offer him to lure him there?
That is a very good point but I believe Bale is down to 2 years left on his contract and is not going to get near 350k a week now anywhere, especially with the current situation.
Would he sit on a 350k a week contract at Madrid, where he isn’t particularly popular, for 2 years or sign a (for arguments sake) 150k a week contract somewhere else for 5 years?
To be honest the bloke has surely got more money than he’ll ever need anyway.

Putting the Bale rumour aside, under pre virus conditions, Newcastle’s lack of spending over the last 3 years does give the new owners a big spending advantage.

D

Deleted member 3518

That is a very good point but I believe Bale is down to 2 years left on his contract and is not going to get near 350k a week now anywhere, especially with the current situation.
Would he sit on a 350k a week contract at Madrid, where he isn’t particularly popular, for 2 years or sign a (for arguments sake) 150k a week contract somewhere else for 5 years?

Putting the Bale rumour aside, under pre virus conditions, Newcastle’s lack of spending over the last 3 years does give the new owners a big spending advantage.
And they can always arrange for anyone who raises questions to be chopped up, in the full knowledge that neither the UK or USA will hold them to account.:(

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays at Madrid for two years and retires.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loan deal 50/50 wages?

Yamalritee

Reaction score
If the takeover goes through and they do sign Bale I can see it being a similar signing when they signed Michael Owen and we all know how that one went...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Bale was once absolutely brilliant and a game-changing force like Adama is for us currently.

If this has actual legs for them it won’t be the ones the fans will be envisaging…..half the player he once was.

We wouldn’t touch him for £15m.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And they can always arrange for anyone who raises questions to be chopped up, in the full knowledge that neither the UK or USA will hold them to account.:(
That proper made me laugh then feel bad as it’s actually sickening but true

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were reports earlier in the year about how the Saudi authorities are failing to tackle pirate broadcasting of the Premier League in the middle east. I believe it's part of their cold war with Qatar. I know the 'fit and proper person' test isn't exactly as extensive as some people might assume, but surely this piracy must be relevant. I'm sure the Saudi's will put forward arguments as to why it's not relevant, but the PIF is working on behalf of the Saudi state and it's the Saudi state who must enforce intellectual property laws in that country. Having an owner of a Premier League club who to some extent is acting against the interests of the League as a whole must be taken into consideration by the football authorities. That's if the reports are accurate of course.
The piracy has now been stopped. I know this because my BEOUT Q box stopped working.

SeaWolf

Reaction score

Looks like the PL may be dragged, kicking and screaming, to their senses.

Back
Top Bottom