Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United have stolen our clothes

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, it's no great secret I'm not a great fan of NUFC, particularly after living up here for 16 years.

But they are currently achieving everything we hoped for after we seemingly peaked in 2020. Pushing on from top 7, challenging the "big six" (we'd already semi-regularly beaten the lot bar Liverpool)

Appreciate on paper they've got squillions to spend but Almiron and Joelinton looked to be a laughable legacy from the Ashley years and are now integral to that side. Willock the same, went quiet after being signed permanently under Ashley but doing well again now.

Of the Saudi era signings, Pope was an astute choice, Guimarães looks a great buy. Wilson injured frequently and the megabucks buy Isak hasn't featured much due to injury.

On paper, Howe didn't look a particularly inspiring appointment (though I guess anything is better than Steve Bruce or Rafa Benitez). Yet their form from the tail end of last season to the present day can't be written off as a fluke or luck. I don't care for their timewasting either but that's come back to bite them on the backside and they're still flying high.

Whereas in the same time, we've lost two managers, and seemingly lost our way. I don't know if there's a true "sliding doors" moment we can look back on yet but considering both teams finished in similar league table places since 2020, it hurts to see how well they're doing at challenging the status quo this season.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Firstly, it's no great secret I'm not a great fan of NUFC, particularly after living up here for 16 years.

But they are currently achieving everything we hoped for after we seemingly peaked in 2020. Pushing on from top 7, challenging the "big six" (we'd already semi-regularly beaten the lot bar Liverpool)

Appreciate on paper they've got squillions to spend but Almiron and Joelinton looked to be a laughable legacy from the Ashley years and are now integral to that side. Willock the same, went quiet after being signed permanently under Ashley but doing well again now.

Of the Saudi era signings, Pope was an astute choice, Guimarães looks a great buy. Wilson injured frequently and the megabucks buy Isak hasn't featured much due to injury.

On paper, Howe didn't look a particularly inspiring appointment (though I guess anything is better than Steve Bruce or Rafa Benitez). Yet their form from the tail end of last season to the present day can't be written off as a fluke or luck. I don't care for their timewasting either but that's come back to bite them on the backside and they're still flying high.

Whereas in the same time, we've lost two managers, and seemingly lost our way. I don't know if there's a true "sliding doors" moment we can look back on yet but considering both teams finished in similar league table places since 2020, it hurts to see how well they're doing at challenging the status quo this season.
They haven’t really spent megabucks either Eddie Howe has proved everyone wrong

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said exactly this on the 'Bottom at Xmas ' thread earlier. We now need to emulate them. What has Howe done to Almiron and Joelinton? Dan Burn **** me. Even Chris Wood up top. Hard to believe.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Begrudgingly admire NUFC at this moment in time, basket case of a club under Ashley but they’ve gone about their business in a decent and relatively quiet fashion without “splashing the cash” to what most supporters of other teams thought?

Tbf, their long suffering fans deserve this!

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Moutinho wasn't even looking at their corner coming in, days are numbered surely?

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
At last a man of principal
Christ almighty! Quote of the year!

Our Chinese owners, or more to the point, the country they represent aren’t exactly forward thinking when it comes to human rights!

Sorry but I’m a strong believer that politics and sport shouldn’t be mixed.
Unfortunately it is, and neither you or me can’t do anything about it in reality!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always liked Almiron, always put 100% effort in, the difference now is it is directed. Previously he was the classic headless chicken, now he’s far more focused and Howe deserves great credit for that. I’m hoping Lopetegui can have a similar impact on some of the players that have looked well short of the required standard for far too long.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Begrudgingly admire NUFC at this moment in time, basket case of a club under Ashley but they’ve gone about their business in a decent and relatively quiet fashion without “splashing the cash” to what most supporters of other teams thought?

Tbf, their long suffering fans deserve this!
Long suffering?! Compared with whom? They didn't exactly suffer under Ashley, despite the victim narrative the media lapped up.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I always liked Almiron, always put 100% effort in, the difference now is it is directed. Previously he was the classic headless chicken, now he’s far more focused and Howe deserves great credit for that. I’m hoping Lopetegui can have a similar impact on some of the players that have looked well short of the required standard for far too long.
Howe transformed the players they had as well adding quality I’m hoping Lopetegui will do the same.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Long suffering?! Compared with whom? They didn't exactly suffer under Ashley, despite the victim narrative the media lapped up.
As it happens, us! WWFC if it hasn’t escaped your mind over the last 40 years or so?!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true, I blame Fulham for stealing our uniform with the W. Really suited us.

Last edited:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it happens, us! WWFC if it hasn’t escaped your mind over the last 40 years or so?!
Eh? How does that make them long suffering compared to us, isn't it the other way round?!

Back
Top Bottom