Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle result discussion....

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Sat in the combermere contemplating life. Bruno might need to go. That was a weak Newcastle team and we just about managed a point. Some great performances, terrible subs. We have enough to beat them but we are in relegation form in the last 20 games. And I can’t see how it will change as things stand. We are re sleepwalking towards relegation.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 65 years old I’d be an improvement over the hapless Hwang

My point is that he’s playing instead of one those two and he is certainly an upgrade on either. He’s not quite Neto, but he has an assist today unlike any of our other forwards.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Probably worth it though if we get no more players in. Like this is the best squad we've had for a while and I think we just need a better manager. I'm sure there is someone out there who'd be willing to take on a squad of this quality?
Yeah I'd be surprised if there isn't.
Marco Rose maybe? Struggled at Dortmund but has a good CV.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? I cant see it at all. We look like a side with no identity.
I see a player with a lot more grit and directness than Podence or Hwang.. he also got an assist today and was our biggest threat against Spurs, imo. So overall, he seems like an improvement to me.

Still, I hope to see more from him going forward.. room for improvement

Reaction score
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Bruno! ****ing useless, never want to see hwang in gold n black again!!!! 14 million absolutely ridiculous!

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be surprised if there isn't.
Marco Rose maybe? Struggled at Dortmund but has a good CV.
Anything has to be better than what we have right now..Just someone who can get us attacking. Think our system last season was better than today's game.. nunos first season in the prem was still the best football by a long shot.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor performance against an equally poor Newcastle we carried on from the poor performance in the second half against Preston on Tuesday.

I dunno how anyone can defend Hwang for that attempted clearance you get told at a very young age not smash the ball towards/across your own box like that.

Bruno certainly is not doing himself favours with such poor decision making with his subs. I'm not a huge fan of Traore but that was the ****ing obvious option to bring on.

Definitely could do with 6/6 in the next 2 I don't think they will sack Bruno yet but with Liverpool and Citeh after that we need points ASAP.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we prise Forest’s manager away?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't go today as family visiting. So ****ing predictable. Lage has to go. He has many good players but not a clue how to set them up. Useless coach.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least we're helping Portugal to improve their GDP and overall balance of payment.

Wolverhampton Semaritans.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got three Portugal internationals in midfield, and we've had 36% possession at home against Newcastle against Joelinton (who is superb tbf), Joe Willock and Sean Longstaff.

I thought the switch to a 4-3-3 was meant to give us the edge against sides like this, particularly at home? Given the technique of our three mids, how come we had so few spells of concerted pressure or dominance? Why were were just hoofing it from basically the 55th minute?

I find it baffling.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It comes to something when everyone is in agreement that Adama should have been bought on. Really cannot understand the reasoning between bringing Hwang and Podence on and that decision cost us two points today. This may be incredibly fanciful but whilst we’re splashing the cash and showing ambition I’d be asking Poch if he fancies the job because I really don’t see Bruno lasting much longer.

Remus

Groupie
Reaction score
Bruno has an amazing ego, it was part of why his team won the Portugese league 2018-19 . He then took the team to the bottom of the the league next year. He really believes in his methods. Will it work here?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It comes to something when everyone is in agreement that Adama should have been bought on. Really cannot understand the reasoning between bringing Hwang and Podence on and that decision cost us two points today. This may be incredibly fanciful but whilst we’re splashing the cash and showing ambition I’d be asking Poch if he fancies the job because I really don’t see Bruno lasting much longer.
I called it at half time.. Adama would have terrorised them at the back.. just can’t understand it.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang shouldn’t have even been on the pitch and that’s on Bruno.

I know he's everyone's latest scapegoat for everything wrong with Wolves at the moment but you're not telling me Neto, Podence or Guedes have played better than Hwang so far this season in his appearances before today?

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a class act like Nuno we now have Bruno who is like a mad rabbit in the headlights. As it is I just hope Neves somehow stays at the club although I know he deserves better. Maybe it's because the players have to get used to each others game as the new lads settle in but to watch a side with so much talent perform as they did today made it a very hard match to watch.
.sa 6 seems a bit frantic today with some dodgy distributions putting us under pressure.
Semedo looked excellent throughout, a rolls Royce of a fb today 9
Collins 6 under pressure at times but was solid enough, a work in progress
Kilman 7 a quite effective game covering his partner as needed
Jonny 6 solid in defence
Nunes 6 clearly a skilful player will be a real star for us
Mortinho 6 what you expect, high workmate without being spectacular
Neves 10 head and shoulders above the rest, he was everywhere the big buyers will be throwing money at us for our captain
Guedes 6 some nice movement another gradually settling in
Jimenez 6 always works hard but didn't link with his partners effectively
but it's early days for the new setup
Neto 6 still getting back to his best
Clearly the team needs a few games to gell. Bruno failed to help his team with those subs. Donk needed to come on to seal the middle and a hard running strong forward to pressure the opposition. But we haven't got one yet. Early days for our new style but with all these games without a win Bruno is running out of time now.

stlwildcats

Reaction score
Bruno stating we played a good game. Expectations and levels are lowering. No wonder players are rarely ruthless now

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AgreeNeves was outstanding
Semedo very very good
Don’t blame Bruno for a stupid stupid schoolboy error from Hwang who I hope never plays for us again
Who was the idiot that subbed the muppet on, all down to Bruno IMHO.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he's everyone's latest scapegoat for everything wrong with Wolves at the moment but you're not telling me Neto, Podence or Guedes have played better than Hwang so far this season in his appearances before today?
You think Hwang should have come on today? If so I think you’re the only one.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole performance was ****, from start to finish. The worst performance so far imo. We have massive, massive issues and anyone who thinks we’re above being a relegation candidate is deluded.

They absolutely dominated us, for pretty much the full 90 minutes. We have good players, but we don’t look anywhere near a good team. I have very little confidence that Bruno Lage is the man to turn this around. Absolute garbage.

I never want to see Hwang in a Wolves shirt again.
First half was very even I thought. Second half appeared to be hanging on to what we had, not enjoyable at all.

We need at least three points from the next two games. Anything less and Bruno needs to go.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People all have opinions . How long has Howe had to get his team playing better ?

How longs Bruno had ?

Yes they may have spent money but so have we this season.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think Hwang should have come on today? If so I think you’re the only one.

I would've brought Adama and Hwang on if we were changing both forwards.

Probably personally would've only changed one, likely Adama for Neto as he was starting to lose his head on a yellow, and Trippier had tweaked his hamstring but was still marking him out of the game in every one on one situation, which was remarkable to watch.

All our forwards look miles off it but just saying Hwang has been nowhere near the worst of them so far this season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would've brought Adama and Hwang on if we were changing both forwards.

Probably personally would've only changed one, likely Adama for Neto as he was starting to lose his head on a yellow, and Trippier had tweaked his hamstring but was still marking him out of the game in every one on one situation, which was remarkable to watch.

All our forwards look miles off it but just saying Hwang has been nowhere near the worst of them so far this season.
He hasn't but he must be low on confidence after the miss the other night and with Newcastle constantly looking threatening it wasn’t the right time to bring him on.

Back
Top Bottom