Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Comms Thread

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Happy with this - not sure we need 2 wbs and a 1 cb on the bench given saiss and donk can drop into cb if needed to play there but no real complaints. Perhaps Vitinha is carrying a knock??

D

Deleted member 5962

Old adage of not changing a winning team it seems then. Interesting to see 2 LWBs on the bench. Interesting that Neves and Mout seem to be rotating now with Donk being given the mainstay spot which is good to see. He is our most important CM IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle have picked a very attack minded team by the looks of it.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm still not happy with Saiss at left wing back no excuse with who's available.
Both Almiron and St Maximin being pacey could leave that left side a little vulnerable.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 wins and 2 clean sheets so happy for the defence to remain as it was for those games.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Old adage of not changing a winning team it seems then. Interesting to see 2 LWBs on the bench. Interesting that Neves and Mout seem to be rotaing now with Donk being given the mainstay spot which is good to see. He is our most important CM IMO.

Marcal can play centre back as well. Ait Nouri very attack minded.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
I think the LWB things with Saiss is down to loyalty.

He did Nuno a favour by playing there when Vinagre was having his Olympiacos medical and Kilman has had a couple of great games in Romain's natural position.

Would be harsh to drop him from the team all together when he's moved out of position to fill a hole we had in the side.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly how I thought we'd line-up. Come on the old gold n black!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
That back five has kept clean sheets in the last two games they deserve the chance to keep the shirt. Marcal and especially Hoever and RAN’s time will come.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the LWB things with Saiss is down to loyalty.

He did Nuno a favour by playing there when Vinagre was having his Olympiacos medical and Kilman has had a couple of great games in Romain's natural position.

Would be harsh to drop him from the team all together when he's moved out of position to fill a hole we had in the side.

Looks like this. Not going to drop him or Max until given a reason to. Which in fairness, Saiss hasn’t given him either despite it not being his position.
2 players on the bench to fill that role if it comes to it.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They always have the formation set out as a 3-4-3 but we start 3-5-2 this season. Hopefully this time we will start 3-4-3.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking for a positive response from Ruben Neves.
He should be able to thrive with Donk beside him.
Not to deep today,Ruben.Play positive.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could go fourth....!!!
And at the same time have the best start of all the clubs that finished their season in August

Newcastle don't have much quality but looks like they're set to hit on the break in numbers. It'll be interesting to see how we play today

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling pretty chirpy about this one. Reckon we'll roll them over. Would love to see their speed merchant against our Traore in the second half

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes sense to start with a settled lineup and gradually introduce the other new signings, I am happy with that.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with Saiss at left wing back feel it gives us much more of a presence attacking wise when he gets up in the opponents box.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take another 1-0 again today! But think there will be more goals than usual... keep it tight and we can get at this Newcastle side

Delighted for Kilman for another start, undroppable after the last game. Saiss at LWB is no surprise but glad to see Ait-Nouri in his first squad to come on for him if needed

Rotating Moutinho is the right move too as we manage him more carefully this season

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that were supposed to be looking to create more offense yet we have Saiss at wing back. I know Kilman deserves to play as well.

You can bring up Saiss' strike last game - and it was a thing of beauty. But the other 89 minutes he doesn't give us much of anything offensively. And it's not fault of his own - he doesn't have the pace / stamina to be an effective wingback.

However - two clean sheets in a row. Keep going. But the lack of offense is worrisome.

Hopefully Dendoncker being a lock continues. He's our best midfielder at this point.

Last edited:

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weird team selection for Newcastle. Hope it doesn’t pay off!!!

Back
Top Bottom