Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6072.jpegIT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Here we are again. Hope everyone is well and still feeling positive after a good week so far.

Long drive up to Newcastle for us today, hence why I’m posting this at half 6 in the morning! Looking forward to it though, thanks to Gary and the lads. It’s such a warm feeling getting ready to support your team knowing that they’ll give absolutely everything for the shirt. And that whoever we’re playing we’ve got a chance of winning.

Newcastle are a good side, they’ve had a few injury issues this year which is why they don’t seem to have kicked on from last year. But Isak is one of the best strikers in the league in my opinion, Gordon is doing well, Barnes always has a good game against us too. So we have to be very wary of them. You could say they’ll be having the same conversations about Neto, Sarabia etc.

In terms of the line-up, for the first time in ages I’m not really sure what Gary will do. The midfield three worked really well on Wednesday, and with Hwang out the easy choice would be to stick with it. But I feel he’d prefer the extra forward against Newcastle’s defence.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno, Bueno, Traore, Doyle, Noha, Fraser, Chirewa.

We can certainly cause them problems.

We’re at that point in the season where the games have a bit more riding on them. If we win today we create a genuine gap between us and Newcastle, whereas lose and we’re back to chasing them down again. Not quite the cliche of a six pointer but a very important game!

Whether you’re following from Newcastle, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s actually get those three points lads!

COYW!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 40881IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Here we are again. Hope everyone is well and still feeling positive after a good week so far.

Long drive up to Newcastle for us today, hence why I’m posting this at half 6 in the morning! Looking forward to it though, thanks to Gary and the lads. It’s such a warm feeling getting ready to support your team knowing that they’ll give absolutely everything for the shirt. And that whoever we’re playing we’ve got a chance of winning.

Newcastle are a good side, they’ve had a few injury issues this year which is why they don’t seem to have kicked on from last year. But Isak is one of the best strikers in the league in my opinion, Gordon is doing well, Barnes always has a good game against us too. So we have to be very wary of them. You could say they’ll be having the same conversations about Neto, Sarabia etc.

In terms of the line-up, for the first time in ages I’m not really sure what Gary will do. The midfield three worked really well on Wednesday, and with Hwang out the easy choice would be to stick with it. But I feel he’d prefer the extra forward against Newcastle’s defence.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde

We’re at that point in the season where the games have a bit more riding on them. If we win today we create a genuine gap between us and Newcastle, whereas lose and we’re back to chasing them down again. Not quite the cliche of a six pointer but a very important game!

Whether you’re following from Newcastle, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s actually get those three points lads!

COYW!
First time in a long time that the team hasn’t been completely obvious, your options seem to be the right ones to me though.

I think he may stick with the 3 cms but we know GON will have done his homework.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 40881IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde

COYW!
Thats a great photo of Noddy.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A difficult game, but they all are. One thing we all know for certain is that this group of players will fight to the end. While I think @JadeWolf is correct in the team, I wish a place could be found for Doyle. I really like him and think he has a great future.

Finally, I hope Manny Singh gets a great welcome when he arrives at St James Park. A truly magnificent effort.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Traore starts today.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Newcastle are now virtually back to full strength after a spate of injuries.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will need to manage the minutes of our CMs, Boubacare and Doyle will have to chase round after the hour. Don't expect anything from this, but fingers crossed.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently in North Shields as my lad's started U7s and it's a sea of Newcastle shirts. He's scored a bunch in a 2v2 game, slightly concerned they might be the only goals i see from someone in a Wolves shirt today!

Safe travels all, it ain't warm here

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really wasn't that impressed with toon during the cup match at Blackburn but they are strong at home

Would be delighted with a point

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fearing a pasting here, given we won't be anywhere near as effective on the break with both of Hwang and Cunha missing.

But never say never. Decent run of fixtures on paper after this one too, mind.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're capable of beating them but it does just feel like a game too far this week. Hope I'm wrong and they've got one more 90 minutes in them!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully that extra 30 mins they had in the cup makes up for the fact they had an extra day off

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, we aren’t going to make top 6, rest our key players as best we can in next 2 games, Neto and Joao especially then let’s go full strength against Cov. We lack depth if only the board had got us one forward in in January, lots of us called this no Cunha and Hwang leaving us very bare up top. I expect a 2-0 defeat today I’m afraid

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, we aren’t going to make top 6, rest our key players as best we can in next 2 games, Neto and Joao especially then let’s go full strength against Cov. We lack depth if only the board had got us one forward in in January, lots of us called this no Cunha and Hwang leaving us very bare up top. I expect a 2-0 defeat today I’m afraid
Surely the cost of a decent forward would have given us problems with FFP?

Also;- O'Neil had hoped to sign an experienced striker in the January transfer window but Wolves pulled out of a deal for a player in Brazil because of unexpected demands from an agent.(BBC)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the cost of a decent forward would have given us problems with FFP?

Also;- O'Neil had hoped to sign an experienced striker in the January transfer window but Wolves pulled out of a deal for a player in Brazil because of unexpected demands from an agent.(BBC)
Easily could’ve loaned a player, but running players into the ground injures them, the youth aren’t ready yet, a good dof would’ve known this

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easily could’ve loaned a player, but running players into the ground injures them, the youth aren’t ready yet, a good dof would’ve known this
Even loans come with fees and wages. It looks like a chunk of what money we had went into paying off Jonny.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even loans come with fees and wages. It looks like a chunk of what money we had went into paying off Jonny.
We didn’t have a few million for a loan? Do me a favour, our wage bill is £130m ffs

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn’t have a few million for a loan? Do me a favour, our wage bill is £130m ffs
Read the BBC article and ponder just how close to a world of FSP hurt we were. Bloody awful financial management by Shi etc al but....

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope all who’ve made the trip - not least the legend in Manny have a good afternoon.

Even if we have had two tricky games in the last week, those wins have opened up some opportunities and the next 3 will also do the same.

Newcastle’s defence is dicey and them going all the way to penalties I suspect might hamper them a bit, even if we looked knackered by the end of Wednesday.

Think Neto and Sarabia will start with them only having half hour in Midweek and wonder whether Lemina might be on the bench, just to be on the safe side after this scrape on the Achilles.

Will be keeping an eye on the phone only, due to the F1 season kicking off at 3pm but I am sure I will do so with much interest.

Up The Wolves and here’s to the beginning of possibly a season defining March!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The accounts are out, that explains this decision, imo.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Cunha and Hwang out I really think we need to switch to a midfield 3 with 2 up top. Am being evicted for house viewings for the next few hours, so won't get to watch the first half. Am not very confident about this one.

Back
Top Bottom