Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Year wishes and the MolMix community.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Firstly, a - slightly early - wish for a very happy New Year to all our posters.
Being a match day, perhaps we'll have some who look in today or tomorrow, and not on New Years Day itself.
Secondly, the aspect of a Molineux Mix community, and the support it can provide, has been brought up to Bod and myself via pm. The best of this has been shown with the collection in Jonzy's memory, and also in the mental health threads we've seen on the forum at various times.
We do have a roll call/check in thread on the OT section, but would it be something you'd like to be more prominent here instead?
I guess the approach of a fresh year always makes you take stock a little, with an awareness that life heading into 2024 is not necessarily an easy place.
We will have members who are struggling, and facing personal difficulties and battles in the weeks and months to come - including this Admin!
I don't know... obviously privacy comes first when desired, but I think the question of the pm we received was could we be doing more as a group to support members who might want it?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An early happy new year from me to, and as you say Jonzys passing and some of the responses to mental health issues on here do the forum great credit. I believe someone once said that the strength of the wolf is in the pack....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, a - slightly early - wish for a very happy New Year to all our posters.
Being a match day, perhaps we'll have some who look in today or tomorrow, and not on New Years Day itself.
Secondly, the aspect of a Molineux Mix community, and the support it can provide, has been brought up to Bod and myself via pm. The best of this has been shown with the collection in Jonzy's memory, and also in the mental health threads we've seen on the forum at various times.
We do have a roll call/check in thread on the OT section, but would it be something you'd like to be more prominent here instead?
I guess the approach of a fresh year always makes you take stock a little, with an awareness that life heading into 2024 is not necessarily an easy place.
We will have members who are struggling, and facing personal difficulties and battles in the weeks and months to come - including this Admin!
I don't know... obviously privacy comes first when desired, but I think the question of the pm we received was could we be doing more as a group to support members who might want it?
I think it’s key. This past year we’ve lost some very important people to us all, and had some others who have had to take time out for other reasons too.

It’s important to be there for each other as let’s face it, a lot of us live on here. how can we do that even more effectively that how we already do it?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last couple of weeks have shown that when we act together, this place is much more than just a forum, it is indeed a community. We have lost three members on here this year, and this must be a very difficult time for their families. They are all in my thoughts.

There are also people on here with others issues, ones we probably know nothing about. The great camaraderie on here will help people with problems, and maybe there is a way we can give people an opportunity to express their difficulties. Anything that can help people through difficult times can only be helpful.

I wish everyone a peaceful and safe new year.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy New Year to one and all. We all have our ups and downs in life, this place provides a very welcome distraction to that (sometimes). As has already been said, people should be mindful of that when they reply to something they may disagree with. Ultimately we all have one thing in common and that is loving Wolves and wanting the very best for the club that we love. I wish you all the very best in the coming year.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well posted Mutchy, I had a sad loss on 23rd of December. You will know what I am on about x

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting post and food for thought. I love the idea of helping each other but not sure how that would be implemented, ( apart from kind words, I mean ).
Not saying it can’t be done.
I didn’t donate to the Jonsey thread as we donated to several charities and causes here but we’ll look at any ideas that are suggested.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should all be careful and respectful when posting. Attacking posters on the mix who may have either mental health or other issues could be very damaging.
Agreed my friend.
Personally speaking I never feel the need to attack any fellow mixer and wish everyone felt the same.
Anyhoo, a very happy and healthy 2024 to one and all!
UTW!!! :):):)

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More prominent? Why not?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Mutchy. Great sentiments. As someone said on TV last night, we are all just walking each other home.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a fantastic community on here, the Jonzy donations show that. There are lots of people on here that I love having a laugh or joke with and I enjoy the daily exchanges - I guess that some I would consider to be friends even though I’ve probably never met anyone.

Often the hardest step when things are tough is asking for help; I would like to think this is a safe space where forum members could do that and I would urge anyone that needs help to do that. Maybe there’s a way the forum can facilitate making that easier?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. He was my best friend and constant companion for 16 and a half years. Taking him to the vets was up there with one of the hardest things I have ever done in my 64 years
Sorry to hear about your loss

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. He was my best friend and constant companion for 16 and a half years. Taking him to the vets was up there with one of the hardest things I have ever done in my 64 years
Hardest thing but the kindest too. We don’t deserve dogs they’re absolutely brilliant. It’s the least we can do to make sure they dont suffer at the end.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Happy new year to all you beauties, sorry I'm such a miserable ****er. I wonder if I can make it onto @Royal wolf 's Christmas card list in 2025...

dgm6769

Reaction score
Happy new year to you all.
Thank you all on the mix, it's the one place I come regularly when I'm down (or not) to just have a read at take my mind off things, even the bickering lol.
The last 2 Christmas/new year have been the worst of my 56 years, sat in the chemo centre last Christmas and on my own this year..
Hope 2024 bring you all the happiness and peace at heart.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy new year to you all.
Thank you all on the mix, it's the one place I come regularly when I'm down (or not) to just have a read at take my mind off things, even the bickering lol.
The last 2 Christmas/new year have been the worst of my 56 years, sat in the chemo centre last Christmas and on my own this year..
Hope 2024 bring you all the happiness and peace at heart.
I hope that 2024 is, given the obvious constraints, much better for you.
That offer of a beer if we are ever in the same place still stands!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this feeling very well.. the last was on NYE 2 years ago today.

You will always miss them, but there is a day where their memory goes from making you sad; to making you smile.

I am sure you gave them the best life they could have wished for.

Back
Top Bottom