Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Norwich City badge

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a design agency owner, I can imagine the brief would have been all about retaining the heritage and equity of a badge that's been around for many many years. That was an awful starting point mind you!

It's been modernised, simplified and made suitable for many more years to come. A logo / badge needs to work across more media platforms than ever before, so the old crest was in need of a refresh. It's evolved like many logos do over the years. Bristol City and Cheltenham Town have both updated 'bird' related badges fairly recently. Very few clubs would just throw out the old and start from scratch because of the emotional attachment and push back that would come from supporters.

It's easy to be critical as we have arguably the most recognisable, iconic and usable badge in British football... possibly even further afield, but this is a decent piece of 'brand evolution' and I'm sure the club are delighted.

There... hopefully not too much flowery design agency b**ll**t in that post
It is easy to be critical because it's making (lot's of) money for old rope

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently … “This is a huge moment in the history of Norwich City and a real statement of intent for the future. For the first time in 50 years the club will adopt a newly evolved crest, fit for digital purpose, iconic and most importantly accessible for all.”

I just thought it was a canary sitting on a ball … what makes this canary more accessible than the old canary? :tearsofjoy:

The cage door's been left open...

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a design agency owner, I can imagine the brief would have been all about retaining the heritage and equity of a badge that's been around for many many years. That was an awful starting point mind you!

It's been modernised, simplified and made suitable for many more years to come. A logo / badge needs to work across more media platforms than ever before, so the old crest was in need of a refresh. It's evolved like many logos do over the years. Bristol City and Cheltenham Town have both updated 'bird' related badges fairly recently. Very few clubs would just throw out the old and start from scratch because of the emotional attachment and push back that would come from supporters.

It's easy to be critical as we have arguably the most recognisable, iconic and usable badge in British football... possibly even further afield, but this is a decent piece of 'brand evolution' and I'm sure the club are delighted.

Wow, I guess you HAVE to "believe" that **** !!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised they didn't get rid of that canary and just have "20th" as their logo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Useful insights albeit it still comes over as more than a little BS lol!

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I honestly think ours is the best logo/emblem in football, simple, works over all platforms and instantly recognisable, even just the eyes are recognisable.

Ebbo

Reaction score
I honestly think ours is the best logo/emblem in football, simple, works over all platforms and instantly recognisable, even just the eyes are recognisable.
It is. But even that has evolved and improved over a few variations since the original launch in '79.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I take it back …. after looking more closely… I see why the new badge is more accessible….

The castle now has 4 windows instead of 2 :tearsofjoy:
Yes, which suggests it was before the Window Tax came in ...... looks like the new one isn't new at all o_O

Back
Top Bottom