Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Manager - Poll

Who should be the next manager of Wolves?

• Total voters

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While it is almost certain that we will have a foreign manager, I wonder if the club’s hierarchy have considered going for an British coach? I am not saying there is an obvious one who stands out, but someone who knows the British game could be an advantage.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While it is almost certain that we will have a foreign manager, I wonder if the club’s hierarchy have considered going for an British coach? I am not saying there is an obvious one who stands out, but someone who knows the British game could be an advantage.
Don't think there are many that fit the bill, only really Rogers who of course maybe available soon. Cooper would have been the obvious choice but he's currently having a nightmare at Forest. I'm struggling to think of anyone else....obviously I'm not entertaining any of the dinosaurs.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It what way could it be an advantage?
And I'm not meaning this in a condescending way. I can totally get the idea, that sometimes its good to have somebody that knows the country and league well. But the PL is so globalised today in so many ways, I'm not sure there's much advantage in being British.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bo Svensson for me. Has done a great job with Mainz so far and would be coming to us whilst his managerial career is on the up.

Doing well in the Bundesliga, where a pressing, high tempo game is often played and this is something i'd like to see a coach try with our current squad. I fear another Portuguese or Spanish manager wouldn't result in the fairly significant changes we need.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need that spy back up the tree at Compton Thursday.
New manager is such a big thing, like potter.

Romano, percy etc will have news very quickly, if something is happening , interviews etc they will have it out in the public space very quickly.

I expect noise on something Thursday

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can hang on a bit we might get Gareth Southgate.
He certainly wouldnt be the only ex ( failed) England Manager we have had.
No disrespect to Gareth he suffers with the same problems that Wolves have. Only at maybe a higher level.
However if it comes to a choice it may be a hint to look at our recent signings. Just deleted my next sentence.
Pretty certain with 1000 mil off the scene it will be the cheapest option.
I would rather have Gareth from The Office. Frankly, in my finest ****ernee, the Waistcoat is pony.

I said yesterday that Ole being a candidate for the post was one of the few things that would have prompted me to want Lage to stay. Southgate being a candidate is another.....

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It what way could it be an advantage?
And I'm not meaning this in a condescending way. I can totally get the idea, that sometimes its good to have somebody that knows the country and league well. But the PL is so globalised today in so many ways, I'm not sure there's much advantage in being British.
There is no advantage. If anything it's a disadvantage.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Cooper is no better than someone like Paul Clement. In fact, he has less experience. Why on earth would we go for someone like Cooper when there are options like Lopetegui, Abel Ferreira, Marcelo Gallardo, even Martins

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
New manager is such a big thing, like potter.

Romano, percy etc will have news very quickly, if something is happening , interviews etc they will have it out in the public space very quickly.

I expect noise on something Thursday

Fingers crossed, an announcement Thursday would be great

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Svensson because I like the idea of how his teams play.. He also has a good record. Up and coming coach new ideas..

Big Ange from Celtic would be my second choice - clearly another talented coach

Lopetegui - I think this is who most Wolves fans want. Not sure why because he is a defensive manager. He already turned us down before but I will give him a chance and support him. I generally hope he does well but don’t we all want some excitement on the pitch again?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The romantic in me says Bo Svensson.. followed Tuchel and Klopps path and doing well, although I know very little about him.

The pragmatist in me says Lopetegui.. deeper experience and seemingly a “safe pair of hands”
This is where I am too, Amorim seems a none starter so I’ve now voted Svensson

The Finkler

Reaction score
FYI svensson is more of a 3 at the back man,

but he likes the 3-4-1-2 or the 4-3-2-1/ 4 -2-3-1

Im also all for svensson, learnt from klopp, tuchel, could be the next big thing and a different avenue than say an amorim

Oh this sets it up beautifully I voted AVB but might change my vote now because if this guy goes 3 at the back can see (hear) it now as it has immediate results and The Billy Wright burst into song to the tune of a Craig David classic:
"Re - e - wind and the crowd say BO SVENSSON!! "

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it DEFINITELY WON'T BE Amorim.
Irrespective of his 20 million buy out clause, he has stated publicly, that he doesn't want to leave Sporting and Champions League and be thrust into a relegation dog fight, with Wolves.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui - I think this is who most Wolves fans want. Not sure why because he is a defensive manager. He already turned us down before but I will give him a chance and support him. I generally hope he does well but don’t we all want some excitement on the pitch again?
I've never been more excited as a Wolves fan than those three years under Nuno. Two of which were defensive counter attacking years.
Incidentally the two most successful seasons at Molineux for a generation.

I don't think the counter attack will come back under Lopetegui but a clear identity will I hope. One thing Lage leaves behind is a solid defensive base, if Julen can impose his possession based attacking style on these players then we should see more entertainment.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh this sets it up beautifully I voted AVB but might change my vote now because if this guy goes 3 at the back can see (hear) it now as it has immediate results and The Billy Wright burst into song to the tune of a Craig David classic:
"Re - e - wind and the crowd say BO SVENSSON!! "
No being picky but it’s the ‘Artful dodger’ not Craig David. Although Craig David did feature on vocals for that track. Great song and would be a great chant.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been more excited as a Wolves fan than those three years under Nuno. Two of which were defensive counter attacking years.
Incidentally the two most successful seasons at Molineux for a generation.

I don't think the counter attack will come back under Lopetegui but a clear identity will I hope. One thing Lage leaves behind is a solid defensive base, if Julen can impose his possession based attacking style on these players then we should see more entertainment.
I really hope you are right. Possession I think we’ve improved but don’t keep the ball well enough. Attacking style and goals if we don’t improve fast we are in trouble

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Svensson because I like the idea of how his teams play.. He also has a good record. Up and coming coach new ideas..

I just want to win football matches again, don't really care how

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno was a defensive manager, too. It needn't mean never scoring goals. 47 and 51 goals in our first 2 Premier league season. OK, it's not Man City, but those are more than decent goal scoring returns for a non-Sky 6 team. That last part being key. I'm at a point where I cant' see the dominance of those 6 being seriously challenged, especially be going toe-to-toe with them. The way we did it to start with, outsmarting them, outworking them, making them hate playing us, being hard to beat, was fine and would be fine again. Nuno always was cautious, even defensive , but those seasons show it need not be dour dull football and done properly can produce some epics with plenty of excitement. I don't use Liverpool or PSG as our benchmark. Our aim is to get back ahead of Brighton, West Ham etc

Unless we were playing Huddersfield or Burnley... The icing on the cake would be to be able to take the game to the weaker sides.

Anyway, I would rather a repeat of that first season, with a bit over a goal a game, than the Leeds Bielsa approach, scoring loads, but losing more than you win as you don't have the firepower.

The Finkler

Reaction score
No being picky but it’s the ‘Artful dodger’ not Craig David. Although Craig David did feature on vocals for that track. Great song and would be a great chant.

There's a picky pocket or 2 joke in there somewhere Im sure of it ... but yeah fair point

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno was a defensive manager, too. It needn't mean never scoring goals. 47 and 51 goals in our first 2 Premier league season. OK, it's not Man City, but those are more than decent goal scoring returns for a non-Sky 6 team. That last part being key. I'm at a point where I cant' see the dominance of those 6 being seriously challenged, especially be going toe-to-toe with them. The way we did it to start with, outsmarting them, outworking them, making them hate playing us, being hard to beat, was fine and would be fine again. Nuno always was cautious, even defensive , but those seasons show it need not be dour dull football and done properly can produce some epics with plenty of excitement. I don't use Liverpool or PSG as our benchmark. Our aim is to get back ahead of Brighton, West Ham etc

Unless we were playing Huddersfield or Burnley... The icing on the cake would be to be able to take the game to the weaker sides.

Anyway, I would rather a repeat of that first season, with a bit over a goal a game, than the Leeds Bielsa approach, scoring loads, but losing more than you win as you don't have the firepower.
Amen to this. Let’s just get ourselves back to a positive goal difference over 38 games.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This sort of wise level-headed realistic nonsense isn't appreciated around here.

Kindly take your well thought out opinions and stick them... on another forum.

Back
Top Bottom