Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Manager - Poll

Who should be the next manager of Wolves?

• Total voters

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the realistically linked names who would you choose as our next manager? Based on the top five in the betting - across the board (as at today). Thought it would be good to get a concensus.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Lopetegui but in all honesty there aren't many names I'd be too disappointed with. If, let's say, there's even more to the project than we realise and somehow our team can persuade those names that many of us think are out of our reach for one reason or another (including Amorim and Conceicao), great. If we can't, there are lots of good, perhaps more realistic options, such as AVB, Lopetegui, Ferreira, Sampaio, Gallardo, Postecoglu and Genesio.

Has anyone suggested Stuart Baxter yet, btw?

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Lopetegui - obviously has the faith in the hierarchy given their original intention to appoint him; managed at the highest level; his relationship with Neves - our most valuable player and asset; speaks fluent English - probably better than Bruno; relationship with Mendes.

His sides may be more defensively minded, but that doesn't detract from the quality of football they play - as evidenced by our game against Seville.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, most of those names are at least PL standard managers. Lage was no way near that.

In that regard, many would be significant upgrades.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh I know nothing much about any of these guys; all I want is a new manager who will take the handbrake off. Since the Jimenez injury we've had 2 years of terrible football. We've now got a striker and a host of decent attacking players so let's appoint a guy who can get the best out of these players. I'm not advocating going gung ho but it would be great to see a 4-3 or a 6-4. I live in hope!

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Lopetegui but in all honesty there aren't many names I'd be too disappointed with. If, let's say, there's even more to the project than we realise and somehow our team can persuade those names that many of us think are out of our reach for one reason or another (including Amorim and Conceicao), great. If we can't, there are lots of good, perhaps more realistic options, such as AVB, Lopetegui, Ferreira, Sampaio, Gallardo, Postecoglu and Genesio.

Has anyone suggested Stuart Baxter yet, btw?
Would have been interested how he'd have done after we had got rid of Hoddle or after McCarthy but not now, we've way way way gone above his level.
The fact he's been away from Europe for so long and seems content getting jobs in South Africa seems to imply he has no interest in managing back in Europe. Don't think his last spell in charge of the Chiefs went too well.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've gone Amorim based on very little really, just what others have posted about him, his track record is very good although quite young.
Tbh I'd be fairly happy with any of the ones listed although not sure AVB is very interested in football atm.
Lopetegui is probably a safe pair of hands but he is one of those pragmatic style Portuguese coaches so not sure we'd see lots of attacking intent.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been interested how he'd have done after we had got rid of Hoddle or after McCarthy but not now, we've way way way gone above his level.
The fact he's been away from Europe for so long and seems content getting jobs in South Africa seems to imply he has no interest in managing back in Europe. Don't think his last spell in charge of the Chiefs went too well.
Agree with the first part but was only kidding about him being suggested, just reminiscing to the time when he was always on the shortlist of potential new managers

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd take every one of those bar Martins, but as for which one I don't really know.

Past performances (in terms of style) aren't usually a good indicator of what they will do here. Bruno's 100+ goal season at Benfica didn't mean anything in the end.

Lopetegui and AVB have some standing in the game and would command the respect of the players.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with the first part but was only kidding about him being suggested, just reminiscing to the time when he was always on the shortlist of potential new managers
Haha yeah he did always appear on the 'next manager odds' a decade or so ago! Local lad done good abroad. Made a decent career for himself in Africa.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha yeah he did always appear on the 'next manager odds' a decade or so ago! Local lad done good abroad. Made a decent career for himself in Africa.

Maybe we should get Alan Curbishley?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentality is the key for me, both in football style and personality. We did well with Nuno on both points (though the football got worse as time went on).

It feels fractured on and off the pitch right now we need someone to galvanise players and fans again (the latter is easy enough with results). Bruno had plenty faults but his personality was probably the worse, he didn’t seem to “get” the fans though admittedly on that point he followed the master of it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am very unsure about Lopetegui. The Sevilla fans cant wait for him to go. The Porto head coach is an interesting one for me.
I understand that, but a) Sevilla are a top side with high expectations and b) he has a good record there, he's just reaching the end of the road. It doesn't mean he is a bad manager all of a sudden.

He has a load of experience at a high level and would immediately command the respect of the players.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone who is ambitious and is their own man, but that might not fit the bill.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although he may appear to be a wacky stick insect, I wouldn't mind Tuchel.

I agree but he does seem a bit of an oddball, not sure he would be a coach that could strike up a rapport with the players.
He is a proven winner though so it would be a thumbs up from me.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed Kenny Hibbitt and Steve Bull dream team isn’t an option.

oh well, Lopetegui for me as ive always wanted him. AVB if not. I can see Amorim as possibly good but I fear he could just be a Lage Mk II version. Albeit slightly better.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has to be a manager with experience, someone who can command the respect of the players and the fans. There have been too many rumours that suggest the previous regime were unable to get the players to have the right mentality, let alone show their ability on the pitch. Rumours of arguments between manager and players; of Moutinho having a go at Lage during a match; of Sa asking De Bruyne to go easy on us before the Man City game; of players not preparing properly, or not doing on the pitch what they've trained to do; of a light hearted atmosphere on the coach back after a defeat. Then the players not coming over to fans after the West Ham game. I love this group of players, but if half those rumours are true then shame on Lage for letting it happen, and shame on the players. I'd bet Neves is not one of them.

I hope we have a clean slate. We have a squad capable of top 10, owners willing to invest, and a loyal, passionate, loud fan base. I'm glad Lage has gone, he was out of his depth here. I wish him luck, he'll have learned a lot from his experience here.

I'd like Lopetegui, but others on here more knowledgeable have interesting points on the other candidates and Amorim sounds good. Poch would be great! But I think it's written in the stars: Lopetegui, top 8 next season.

Back
Top Bottom