Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Manager in Now

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a Manager in now, not to think he can keep us up but to build for the Championship, he will have the rest of this season to take a look, get rid of the dead wood and start again.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm tempted to say I agree. I feel for Connor - he's been put in an impossible situation but could hardly turn it down. The thing that depresses me most is that the Championship's so strong now, and the other teams who go down are likely to come up again: Wigan play good football and have good team spirit, QPR have the financial clout...

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm tempted to say I agree. I feel for Connor - he's been put in an impossible situation but could hardly turn it down. The thing that depresses me most is that the Championship's so strong now, and the other teams who go down are likely to come up again: Wigan play good football and have good team spirit, QPR have the financial clout...

Agreed but i cant see us getting out of this at all, i feel for Conner but we need a heavy weight to come in and shake it all up, i cant see us coming straight back either it is tough down there

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The right man would want it now, anybody with balls and confidence and good on him whoever it is

S

simmo

why would any manager want to come in to this mess at this stage of the season?

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Gary Megson would shore up the defence...

I wouldn't be too dismayed to see him come until the end of the season - with a new manager and a new philosophy instilled pre-season.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Birdfekindee

The teams awful,doesnt matter who comes in now its too late.Should have been done in Jan!

A

Agbwwfc

get gary neville in! everytime ive seen him on sky this season hes the only person whos spoke sense and seems to know alot! would give him a shot any day!

D

DJW

Anyone who wants the job now would have to be so desperate for employment that, for that reason alone i wouldnt employ them!
A bit like 'i would not want to be a member of any club that would accept the likes of me as a member' :D

M

MK Panther

Unless TC resigns which he should do, we will not have a new Manager.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hughton in the summer. For the rest of this season its a slow-motion car crash with Connor at the wheel.

J

johnybig32

Its a win win situation for whoever comes in.

We're certaintees to go down so whoever comes in has nothing to lose.

We need to take a punt on someone and risk it all! Clark, Di Canio, Bruce anyone. Anyone but Connor who should leave.

Now uses Tapatalk...aren't you lucky!

S

singwolf_1

We need a Manager in now, not to think he can keep us up but to build for the Championship, he will have the rest of this season to take a look, get rid of the dead wood and start again.

People have to realise that apart from short-term candidates (Bruce being the possible exception), no one is going to come to Wolves at this time. Whatever happens this season happens. Next season, we will have a new manager, and we will move on.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally disagree, unless MON suddenly resigns and becomes available! There is no one new out there who was not there 4 weeks ago? Who is going to come in now and rescue us? It's TC to see it to the death and then get a new guy in in May (hopefully).

S

singwolf_1

Its a win win situation for whoever comes in.

We're certaintees to go down so whoever comes in has nothing to lose.

We need to take a punt on someone and risk it all! Clark, Di Canio, Bruce anyone. Anyone but Connor who should leave.

Now uses Tapatalk...aren't you lucky!

If we take "someone", it will be a job for at least the next season. We've made one mistake (some say two - maybe), do we need to compound it by making an ill-advised appointment only to realise next season that it was the wrong one after all?

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TC is the worst manager I have ever seen at Wolves. Morgan could have appointed any random fan, they couldn't have done any worse

singaporewolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Who would want it? Pay me and I'd do a better job! Pile of $$$$ the lot and an embarrassment! I couldnt walk out in public after the crap played recently. I think the whole team might aswell hit the bottle.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally disagree, unless MON suddenly resigns and becomes available! There is no one new out there who was not there 4 weeks ago? Who is going to come in now and rescue us? It's TC to see it to the death and then get a new guy in in May (hopefully).
The trouble with getting the new guy in in the summer is that all the players will be on hols, he won't get a chance to look at them until pre-season in July and it will be August before he can have any idea who he is happy to leave, who he wants to keep and who he wants to get in. If we got someone in now, the remaining 9 games would allow the manager and the club to be prepared for what ought to be a busy close season in player movement in and out, particularly if we go down. I would like to see Morgan try to resolve his differences with Curbishley or failing that choose the up and coming manager that he wants for next season and go and get them now and if that means compensation so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No credible manager wants a relegation on their CV.

We had a chance of geting either Curbishley or Bruce and the $$$$-heads in charge decided that they were either too expensive or didn't share they same ignormamous $$$$-headed vision on football as them.

Smell the guano !!! - there's truckloads of it sitting in the Directors Box at Molineux !! Anything these incompetent and uninformed idiots decide to do now is, by defintition, too little and far too late. The Blackburn game has gone and as we said befoe that game it was MUST WIN and we didn't $$$$ing even draw it. Given that was must win - we're down already.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TC is the worst manager I have ever seen at Wolves. Morgan could have appointed any random fan, they couldn't have done any worse

The annoying thing is that this was obvious to anyone with a quarter of a brain.

It appeared to me that "finding a manager in time for the Newcastle game" had become more important than finding the right man. And the only person available on the Friday before was the one person they'd previously discounted.

Shame on Morgan for presumably listening to Moxey who is a tool of the highest order on footballing matters. Unless it was Mick who mischieviously recommedned Connor ?

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would want it? Pay me and I'd do a better job! Pile of $$$$ the lot and an embarrassment! I couldnt walk out in public after the crap played recently. I think the whole team might aswell hit the bottle.

Paul Ince would take it in a flash.

1908radford

A New manager will not happen this side of pre season,and Wolves have a cat in hells chance without divine intervention!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishful thinking if any of u lot think a manager is coming in! TC is here till end of season like it or not! I don't think he can motivate the lads one but and he certainly can't sort out the defence as the last 4 games have shown so we have to lie down now an admit we're down. Get to the end of the season an see who applies for the job but we must change the coaches for the next man, if tc is the new managers no2 then we haven't learnt anything whatsoever

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lee Clark. Nope, I have literally no good reasons why but I want Lee Clark.

Oh... 43 games unbeaten.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reached that point where ...don't or can't be bothered to care any more....what's the point....As the wife has said for 30 years.....why bother they only let you down.......

Off out to mow the lawn...more enjoyable.........that's what it's come to...thanks MM & JM you pair of useless turds....but no doubt extremely rich turds

M

Metro Wolf 2007

I was one who called for Mick to be sacked but as someone else said a few weeks ago, did we sack the wrong person ? Perhaps we needed Mick's motivation alongside a new coach ? Truth is they probably both should have gone at the same time.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's far too late to bring in a manager for the next 9 games.

We need to plan for the Summer and ensure we don't $$$$ it up again.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jez said it wasn't a job for a novice! He was $$$$ing right there!!!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By definition any good, up and coming manager is likely to still have a lot to play for at their current club. It’s going to be difficult to attract one away with the prospect of a odds-on relegation.

What is certain is if TC remains we will struggle to win another game. We’ve now gone 2-0 down in about half our games this season and the gamble to appoint TC has already failed. We’ve put the lunatic, who coached the team to new levels of defensive ineptitude, in charge of the asylum!

My choice would be to offer it to Lee Clark until the end of the season and set a reasonable target - say three clean sheets. If he meets it he gets the job permanently. Even if he fails to meet the target we could asses whether he is the right man. If he comes out with more positives than negatives we'll have a manager who will see the squad and can assess for next season. If he’s totally useless we start searching again at the end of the season and will be no worse off.

D

Dougan was king

I think we should sue McCarthy to get back the alleged 1 million pound pay off he received

because he must have convinced Morgan to spend good money on players Who were obviously not up to playing at this level.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And tell me why we want that $$$$ near the club?

You asked who would want it, I'v told you. Whether you think he is a good manager or not, at least he knows the club and has a genuine affection for it, and most importantly wants the job. He has publicly stated this. I seem to remember Morgan saying that they only wanted someone who really wanted to be manager of wolves.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's far too late to bring in a manager for the next 9 games.

We need to plan for the Summer and ensure we don't $$$$ it up again.

It's not for the next 9 games.

The new manager would have the next 9 games to decide who's worth keeping out of the players who won't be sold: start imparting their footballing philosophy and building a squad so we can hit the Championship full stride. By now it's painfully obvious TC is struggling and I fear we could waste a dozen or so games next season before SM realises and then we're aiming for promotion the following season...or 20.

L

lupini

at the time we sacked Mick, he was the best man for the job by far.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not for the next 9 games.

The new manager would have the next 9 games to decide who's worth keeping out of the players who won't be sold: start imparting their footballing philosophy and building a squad so we can hit the Championship full stride. By now it's painfully obvious TC is struggling and I fear we could waste a dozen or so games next season before SM realises and then we're aiming for promotion the following season...or 20.

We'll be infinitely more attractive in the summer (assuming we go down) than we are now.

No-one credible would take the job now.

Back
Top Bottom