Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New kit

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
When did the side black panel thing start - Admiral shirt? Not a good development.

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
My wife thinks it's lovely, it's a ****ing monstrosity.!!!! I've told her she isn't having it. I wouldn't polish the car with it. It's not coming in to my house. No bloody way.!!!! Who ever thought that up wants stripping naked and whipping with stinging nettles.!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 4124

I think a few people are over reacting to an average looking kit.
We deserve better than average. It's a cheap orange t-shirt from Primark with ****stains all over the arms and a strand of mustard drizzled across the stomach. I mean ffs, the badge has a different colour to the shirt itself.

I'm hoping it looks better in a different setting/when it's on someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do kit designers seem so insistent on throwing black wherever possible? It looks dated, like a shirt from 2010.

It reminded me of the awful goodyear shirt from the early 90s with the skidmarks.

G

George Berry's Afro

Why the black panels down the side. The template looks ok on other clubs such as Leicester when the majority of the shirt is a block colour. Let's hope the away kit is better because I'm not buying the home one.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just a football top, granted its the Wolves, however we do this every couple of years, same grief different top, perhaps its just our colours either work with the current template or they don't, or should we invite Mr Armani to sort it out. Lol.

W

we8wba

I don't understand the outcry

We saw burnleys so we knew what we was getting

Yes it's garbage, understand that moan

But we're never going to get our own template we're wolves ffs in championship

R

reanswolf

Don't like the black 'run over with a tyre' look across the shoulders at all. Sorry shalln't be getting one for me or the kids.
I really don't like it.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we have the generic kit with same sponser, any ideas to why there was such a delay.?
That's the biggest disappointment more so than the kit! The delay just heightened people's expectations that something magnificent ( certainly a shirt sponsor change ) was on the way! The shirt looks alright, its nothing more than I was expecting but I'm more annoyed that we've had to wait to get something that actually could have been revealed 4/6 weeks ago! That's what has tainted it slightly

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't bought a shirt for me for over a decade. My lad has one a season, has had away kits the last two years, looks like it may be the away one again this year, it'll be up to him. The kit is just OK in my view

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't bought a shirt for me for over a decade. My lad has one a season, has had away kits the last two years, looks like it may be the away one again this year, it'll be up to him. The kit is just OK in my view
I think the reaction is more 'meh' than it needs to be based on the delay for no apparent reason

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
Wolves sign a deal with Nike or Adidas. Ditch TMS for a nice premium sponsor - Mercedes Benz, say.

Forum comments:

"I can't believe we've just got the Orange version of Chelsea/City/Man Utd etc. Just a template team, I'm fed up with Nike/Adidas treating us like second class citizens"

"Why have they insisted on putting the Mercedes Benz text on the front, it would have been so much cooler if they'd just used the three pointed star; we really don't have a clue"

"Why have we tied-up with such an exclusive brand as that German car giant, I for one won't be buying the shirt until we're sponsored by a non-luxury car manufacturer - have you seen how much those things cost, shame on you Wolves, just distancing yourselves from the 'average' fans"

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the words of General George Armstrong Custer at the Battle Of Little Bighorn:

'That looks ****ing ****'.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Style is still irrelevant whilst TMS are still our sponsor I'm afraid to say. My boys may like this, I can see it appealing to the younger generation, who of course have the advantage of not having the sponsor on. Now can we leave it alone until there is a change in sponsor or designer. I still don't understand why we need to change the kit this often. May as well have kept last seasons on the basis of this.

W

we8wba

Maybe puma was behind on their shirt releases as a whole? 3/4 puma template shirts been released in the last week

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Not keen tbh but need to see it. No doubt we'll really **** it up and have a cerise pink away top....
Oh well hopefully puma are done after this season and we get Nike or Adidas.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shown my 7 yr old lad and he said "cool can I get it, for my birthday, but I don't want the money shop on it." He may have said that whatever it looked like to be honest.:)

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe puma was behind on their shirt releases as a whole? 3/4 puma template shirts been released in the last week
I didn't realise that. That gives a reason then so I'll take back what I've said

M

Mr Wolf

I think a few of you would hate any shirt by the sounds of it & I still don't see how you can judge something from a dodgy photo.

The black dots won't look that bad in real life I'm sure. I've seen Burnleys top & it looks quite smart.

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
I think a few of you would hate any shirt by the sounds of it & I still don't see how you can judge something from a dodgy photo.

The black dots won't look that bad in real life I'm sure. I've seen Burnleys top & it looks quite smart.
Well we will have to change to Burnley colours then cos it looks kak in orange, no way that rubbish is passing through my front door.!!!!!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

I agree.

People shouldn't get shirty without seeing it in the cloth.

Is the yellow line actually on there or has that been doctored onto the pic? Must be without it, surely. Guess we'll find out...

Reaction score
I'm just hoping it's a failed prototype but having seen Burnley's seems legit. The Burnley one doesn't look so bad, just doesn't suit our colours at all

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just so disappointingly dull and uninspiring. The colour is 'orange' again, the dots effect looks cheap... Nothing that makes me want to go out and buy it. So surprised Wolves have agreed to this. They haven't listened to the fans on this one.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on that pic it looks a bit horrible IMO, especially the dot effect arms. I thought last year's was horrible too. We seem to have a nice shirt maybe once every 5 or 6 years. Seriously how hard can it be to put together something decent?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all my years on this forum I've yet to see any Wolves shirt get a good reaction. This one is ok to me, pretty much as expected though I'm not keen on the shade of gold in the photo. Usually they look a bit different in reality though.
Not the best or worst.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Polite request to the people saying "it's only a kit - stop moaning, don't buy it" etc

Please could you just let other people express their opinion? The same goes for the TMS.

Rightly or wrongly, the Wolves kit means a lot to me as I don't get to as many games as I did in my younger days (work / cost / family). But I love the club no less. I live in London and a) want my kids to wear our colours every day down the park and b) contribute financially to the club in return for something more permanent than a ticket and matchday programme

Thank you

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it really be so difficult for the club to get 3 or 4 designs drawn up and let the fans vote on it? I'd prefer a more simple, classic design myself. Doesnt have to look old fashioned, it can still be modern looking with a nod to the style of one of the kits from the 1950, 60's or 70's.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to ditch Puma and go with someone like Adidas.

They haven't made a decent shirt since 14/15 season.

D

Deleted member 4456

We need to ditch Puma and go with someone like Adidas.

They haven't made a decent shirt since 14/15 season.
Hopefully we don't renew with them. I can't believe Moxey lumbered us with a four year contract with them. The last two kits have been poor.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Did we not learn from last time when we went from our last great strip like this:

18529_1.jpg

to this abomination:
eng_pl_1996-98-WOLVERHAMPTON-WANDERERS-SHIRT-L-15672_1.jpg

Moxey then went on to bring us, Admiral, Le Coq (who I thought did one or two good tops), Burrda and Puma again. There was never any chance of a Nike, Adidas or even Umbro. It's not just the shirt its all the other merchandise that goes with it as well.

Hope when the deals run their course that Fosun have a bit more awareness of the need for a better image for our global brand

Back
Top Bottom