Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Kit

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant.

Arsenal really are on the ball with this sort of thing. I really liked the Redcurrent kit which they wore during their last season at Highbury - a good way of tying in the club's history. Why we aren't able to do the same is beyond me...this season's away kit was supposed to be a homage to the original club colours, but was executed so poorly it ended up being a massive flop!

How about celebrating the 50th anniversary of Wolves winning the FA Cup (this year) by creating a kit based on that design?

1960celebratewin.jpg

Plain shirt, v. neck collar, thick black piping on the sleeves and collar and an oversized badge. Perhaps hooped socks too. Would be nice to see a version of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shergar

Le Coq are withdrawing from football (judging by yesterday's match they had already done it).
It's down to two suppliers, one being mentioned is Vandanel didn't find out the other.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Coq are withdrawing from football (judging by yesterday's match they had already done it).
It's down to two suppliers, one being mentioned is Vandanel didn't find out the other.

Vandanel we might aswell go back to nutmeg or bukta! That adidas design is the dogs and will appeal to more kids who are more fashion concious today.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like that at all I'm afraid. I'm not a fan of kits are aren't symmetric (different colour sleeves, etc).

The appeal of adidas alone would shift bucket loads i love this design and would def be buying one if that ever got produced

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps slightly OTT on the logo size - but the 1960 FA Cup Kit had what I would consider an oversized logo. I quite like the oversized look of the badge on the currently England kit for example.

Wolves1960sKit3.jpg

or

Wolves1960sKit4.jpg

S

Shergar

Vandanel we might aswell go back to nutmeg or bukta! That adidas design is the dogs and will appeal to more kids who are more fashion concious today.

Totally agree, that why on finding out it's Vandanel I posted, in the hope that it would provoke a reaction against it, in helping realise that the initial £'s of a deal do not match the untold global brand awareness of an adidas or nike.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

Perhaps slightly OTT on the logo size - but the 1960 FA Cup Kit had what I would consider an oversized logo. I quite like the oversized look of the badge on the currently England kit for example.

Wolves1960sKit3.jpg

or

Wolves1960sKit4.jpg

huge Wolf head looks silly! any adidas kit needs 3 stripes which looks good, iconic and classy. wouldnt buy that kit! better off with a toffs shirt than an adidas one without stripes!

portsmouths new kappa looks smart, not sure about the huge logos on the shoulders though!

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
huge Wolf head looks silly! any adidas kit needs 3 stripes which looks good, iconic and classy. wouldnt buy that kit! better off with a toffs shirt than an adidas one without stripes!

portsmouths new kappa looks smart, not sure about the huge logos on the shoulders though!

Funnily enough, that is a Toffs shirt which I just added badges to. Maybe I'll do one with a smaller badge and a few arm stripes!

J

JR's Boots

Wolves1960sKit3.jpg

or

Wolves1960sKit4.jpg

Both would get my vote. Simple and stylish.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be some dog$$$$ cheapo make.

My last home shirt was the Puma MKII. We havent had a decent one since.

The Doritos/Admiral one was OKish.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

The colour is awful!

This is much better (posted earlier in this thread):

http://www.equate.uk.com/community/Adidas-Wolves.jpg

like it, get the colour right and im there. maybe some black piping underneath the arms to the bottom of the shirt, understated and helps break up the solid single colour thus giving a slimming illusion to us more rotund supporters.

should have quoted chiswick. woops!

Gok Wan.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Vandanel do some pretty tidy stuff. Wouldn't be crushed if they turned out to be our new kit suppliers.

And to throw my two penneth into the favourite/worst kits debate - I sit on the "hate" side of the Marmite fence when it comes to Puma's Wolves kits (that teal away shirt was absolutely shocking). Favourite kits in recent years were last seasons home shirt, and Doritos/Admiral shirt. That particular one was well smart.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

chelsea-10-11-adidas-home-kit-leaked.jpg

This adidas kit in gold and black! can anyone photoshop this with the heads of Doyle/Jarvis and Zubar? obviously in a gold/black strip!

That would be cool.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole kit thing is a con to relieve you of yet more hard earned.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

The whole kit thing is a con to relieve you of yet more hard earned.

its also a way of generating extra funds for the club we love! i dont buy every shirt! only the ones i like, i want to give Wolves another £40 for a garment which i would want to wear and one that the players would love to wear. our kit is a big part of our clubs image, so getting it right benefits everyone.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its also a way of generating extra funds for the club we love! i dont buy every shirt! only the ones i like, i want to give Wolves another £40 for a garment which i would want to wear and one that the players would love to wear. our kit is a big part of our clubs image, so getting it right benefits everyone.
Well yes, point taken.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

We were talking about this in the pub on Sunday, bring back the 3 Wolves.

nah, im a wolf head man! the first wolves shirt i had was one of the last to not have a sponsor! umbro diamonds on the shoulders, wolf head and a flappy collar! long sleeves. awesome! dont fit now!

W

Westport Wolf

I like both emblems but prefer the Wolf head as it's almost always been the crest apart from when we decided to go with the town crest in the 90's. As a global brand the wolf head says Wolves, but the three wolves could easily be mistaken for pumas or something similar. From a marketing perspective, we need to keep with the wolf head, it's synonymous with our club.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

I like both emblems but prefer the Wolf head as it's almost always been the crest apart from when we decided to go with the town crest in the 90's. As a global brand the wolf head says Wolves, but the three wolves could easily be mistaken for pumas or something similar. From a marketing perspective, we need to keep with the wolf head, it's synonymous with our club.

this. lose the hexagon though!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nah, im a wolf head man! the first wolves shirt i had was one of the last to not have a sponsor! umbro diamonds on the shoulders, wolf head and a flappy collar! long sleeves. awesome! dont fit now!

My first was this shirt - the one worn when we won the League Cup. Eventually accepted I was never going to wear it again and sent it to Africa in a 5Live Appeal! The nylon was nigh-on indestructable so it's probably still going strong!:D

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely agree. I do love the old style 3 leaping wolves badge, together with the 'ww' underneath one another... but, as I work in marketing and design, the current Wolves head is dynamic and iconic. It must stay. You look at all the Premier League badges together.. and it's our Wolf's head that stands out as the most striking. Quite a few teams have gone through a rebranding recently - Arsenal and Tottenham have made their respective logos simpler, which works, but clubs like Fulham and Wigan, who have also had a rebrand in recent years, seems to have lost the point of iconic badges. Even Villa with their rebranded yellow lion on a light blue background is difficult to make out.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

My first was this shirt - the one worn when we won the League Cup. Eventually accepted I was never going to wear it again and sent it to Africa in a 5Live Appeal! The nylon was nigh-on indestructable so it's probably still going strong!:D

and taking it off in the dark was fun. they'd be banned from garage forecourts like mobile phones! loved that shirt.

S

shenfieldwolf

Whoops. See next post.

S

shenfieldwolf

this. lose the hexagon though!

Spot on! Keep the wolf head but lose the hexagon surrround.

The only possible exception to this would be if we kept the hexagon surround in the badge and mirrored this with a hexagonal stadium design. The south by south west bank anyone?

S

Shergar

Leeb, that's a cracking effort, even this 40 something who shouldn't really wear replica tops would buy the whole range if it looked like that.

Leeb, if I send you a photo any chance you could take 2 stone off me?!?:D

FinnishWolf

Reaction score
Probably no chance we can get the sportingbet logo in plain black unfortunately, but I would love that kit.

M

Marauding Wolf

Just needs black boots now ;o)

Seriously top effort mate, I may even return to my schoolboy days and wear the whole strip if it looked like that.

Back
Top Bottom