Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Kit & Sponsor Rumour??

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone else heard anything??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-23-22-12-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-23-22-12-39.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 1,269

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true its good. I happen to know that the deal was 450k per annum a year or two back as a championship side with an escalator based on the premier league and position. Max would be 2m per annum if we won the champions league. So, 3m for 4 years must imply promotion in that time.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope it is true.

Puma strips are cheap and very poor quality.

Not only that they have limited templates so you see other clubs with identical looking designs bar the colours. Wolves can do a lot btter than puma. Adidas would be quality.

J

JbY89

Money shop signed 3 year deal in April 2016. Why would Fosun pay them off, to pay themselves to sponsor themselves. The money that Clubmed would generate from additional advertising would not cover the costs to pay off Money Shop & rip up the deal.

As INVESTORS I can't see Fosun pulling trigger on this.

D

Deleted member 4456

I'm sure that the (un)popularity of the Money Shop deal has been noted at FOSUN towers. So far they've been streets ahead of the previous administration in terms of fan engagement, creating supporter initiatives and trying to attract people to the stadium. Ditching the Money Shop deal and announcing a good quality shirt deal would win a few more people over, I suspect.

On the subject of the Money Shop, Matt Grayson said in this article:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...arify-reasons-for-the-money-shop-sponsorship/

That the Money Shop would, and I quote:

Signal of their long-term intent to work with the club on a number of fan and community projects.

Have any of these actually materialised? Or was this simply a ruse to make the acceptance of this unpopular deal somewhat palatable?

Last edited by a moderator:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Copy and pasted off the Wolves Rumours site from earlier on.

Nothing to see here I'm afraid

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Copy and pasted off the Wolves Rumours site from earlier on.

Nothing to see here I'm afraid

Hence the title of this thread... The guy has specific details of the deal and has revealed his source is direct from the marketing dept.

Not saying it's definitely true... Just trying to establish if anyone else had heard any further RUMOURS...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Won't be anything groundbreaking even if it is Adidas...it will simply be one of their off the peg kits, nothing special.

If the club truly wants a popular kit and sell a **** load, it needs to be Umbro, with the Umbro diamond down the arms.
I like Umbro too

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
In years gone by Puma were great but our shirts have looked cheap .Did we sign up to the Lidl rather than the Waitrose version ?

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't be anything groundbreaking even if it is Adidas...it will simply be one of their off the peg kits, nothing special.

If the club truly wants a popular kit and sell a **** load, it needs to be Umbro, with the Umbro diamond down the arms.

Agree: umbro are best

but are umbro still around? Didn't they get taken over or something?

Can't remember the last time I saw a team in umbro. Might have been Hull a few seasons back

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can't remember the last time I saw a team in umbro. Might have been Hull a few seasons back

Think Nike assimilated Umbro into their faceless organisation. They are Borg.....resistance is futile.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hence the title of this thread... The guy has specific details of the deal and has revealed his source is direct from the marketing dept.

Not saying it's definitely true... Just trying to establish if anyone else had heard any further RUMOURS...

Pretty sure there's another year of Puma, and the money shop deal was for 3 years so likely to be untrue I'm afraid

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Money shop signed 3 year deal in April 2016. Why would Fosun pay them off, to pay themselves to sponsor themselves. The money that Clubmed would generate from additional advertising would not cover the costs to pay off Money Shop & rip up the deal.

As INVESTORS I can't see Fosun pulling trigger on this.

What if Fosun are planning on marquee signings this summer... Big names on the back of new shiny, more expensive shirts to sell to the baying fans?? Big names with ClubMed emblazoned on the front, all over the back pages...

Or maybe you're right... low key signings and plodding on with the moneyshop legacy...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What if Fosun are planning on marquee signings this summer... Big names on the back of new shiny, more expensive shirts to sell to the baying fans?? Big names with ClubMed emblazoned on the front, all over the back pages...

Or maybe you're right... low key signings and plodding on with the moneyshop legacy...
It's either Puma and Money Shop at Port Vale or Adidas and Club Med in China cone our pre-season ,

B

Boswell

Fosun brought Club Med for €1billion in 2014 so it would seem fitting that they might be lined up as a possible sponsor

Would also spunk over an adidas kit ngl

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re: both Puma and The Money Shop, I'm pretty sure a buy out clause with compensation stated would have been pretty standard if either party wanted to terminate the contract early. This is Wolves we're talking about though...

J

Jojo1877

Everton and West Ham play in Umbro. I think PSV Eindhoven does have Umbro, too.

Back
Top Bottom