Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New first team coach?

D

daveducci

Now that TC has been axed and SS has stated he wants to work with another English coach, someone who knows the game well and shares similar football views. What about giving Ray Wilkins a call?

A

andyc225

He didn't say he wanted an English coach, he said he wanted an English STYLE coach. He's been misquoted practically everywhere on that score.

Although, Butch would be a very welcome addition to the coaching team.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
He didn't say he wanted an English coach, he said he wanted an English STYLE coach. He's been misquoted practically everywhere on that score.

Although, Butch would be a very welcome addition to the coaching team.

"There will be an English coach, I’m quite convinced we’ll bring in an English coach"

From the website.

S

SimplyTheWolves

I wouldn't say no. He's got experience, a good personality, and in my opinion would fit into our new continental (can't think of anything more appropriate at the moment, sorry) ethos very well.

E

E is for idiot.

I wouldn't say no. He's got experience, a good personality, and in my opinion would fit into our new continental (can't think of anything more appropriate at the moment, sorry) ethos very well.

The slide in Chelsea's fortunes when he was released says something for his qualities as well!

M

MonkeySpanner

Wilkins would be a fantastic addition for Wolves. Alas those who run the club probably wouldn't see that.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Now that TC has been axed and SS has stated he wants to work with another English coach, someone who knows the game well and shares similar football views. What about giving Ray Wilkins a call?

Yes please

Butch Wilkins would be a great asset!!!

Or Brian Kidd.....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes please

Butch Wilkins would be a great asset!!!

Or Brian Kidd.....
Wield your magic Edg. If you can persuade Brian Kidd to give up his post as Man C assistant manager to come here as a coach to Stale.....:party:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All day long i'd take Wilkins, but it won't happen. We won't offer what he wants, think about what he was on at Chelsea and now at Sky.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wilkins would be a fantastic addition for Wolves. Alas those who run the club probably wouldn't see that.

Maybe Solbakken wouldn't want a character and ex-manager as well known as Wilkins either.
You'd always feel as if he was waiting to step into your shoes if you $$$$ed up.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Solbakken wouldn't want a character and ex-manager as well known as Wilkins either.
You'd always feel as if he was waiting to step into your shoes if you $$$$ed up.

I agree, too high profile.

D

Deleted member 4099

Who was in the Wimbledon team when he was there who's now coaching? Just thinking he might won't to know them this time.

D

Deleted member 4023

Father in law gave me this blokes name - Vegard Skogheim. Anybody heard of him?? Although father in law has links into football, he could be taking the $$$$ as he's a notlob fan

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Father in law gave me this blokes name - Vegard Skogheim. Anybody heard of him?? Although father in law has links into football, he could be taking the $$$$ as he's a notlob fan

Wasn't he in Harry Potter, a bad wizard ?

Salisbury Wolf

Reaction score

Vegard Skogheim

W

Woffles

Wasn't Brian Kidd approached years ago but didn't take up the offer?

He was wanted by Dave Jones to replace John Ward for our Premiership season but we couldn't agree compo with his previous club (Leeds?) - I think he was still on gardening leave from them or summat at the time. So instead we wnet for the DJ and TC dream team!

Just imagine eh - us penny pinching - amazing to think of it now.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about Kevin MacDonald, the ex-Villa guy. Read somewhere that he's no longer with them.

D

DavidMitchell

He is managing Ståles former club HamKam. This wont happen. If he appoints a Norwegian coach, I'd say there are several other coaches more likely to be appointed. Bård Wiggen would be picked up at once, however he seems determined to stay in Norway for a while.

L

long ball man

Keith Downing.

He's gone down the pecking order a notch or two since Steve Clarke brought in Kevin Keen.

English - yes
Experience of Championship - yes
Coaches 'pretty passing football' - yes (in contrast to his playing style)
Unlikely to pose a threat to Stale - yes

Can we forgive him is flirtation with the blue and white stripes? Would Wolves even countenance approacing another club and paying compo least of all WBA? Would he want to come back?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keith Downing.

He's gone down the pecking order a notch or two since Steve Clarke brought in Kevin Keen.

English - yes

Can we forgive him is flirtation with the blue and white stripes? Would Wolves even countenance approacing another club and paying compo least of all WBA? Would he want to come back?
Pity TC has gone. We could have done a swap.:eek:

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keith Downing.

English - yes

Just what virtue is encompassed in this accident of birth that no others possess?

L

long ball man

I thought thread OP/title suggested STS wanted an English coach? If it's merely experience of the English game that's another thing. Apologies if i have misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom