Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New 'England' Shirt

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate it everything about it is screaming Germany what a terrible terrible plain crappy design too

New-Nike-England-shirt-revealed-by-Jack-Wilshere-on-Twitter.html

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dare say if the FA took a much more german approach, english football would be a lot better off all round.

W

WasStefan

Looks like a US 'soccer jersey'

I'll probably still end up buying it when they're £5 at Sports Direct in a years time :D

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently its navy blue trim according to bbc

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has already been said look like a Germany top.

Think if it was red instead of dark blue it would look abit more like England.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we should be sponsored by Umbro or Reebok or another (Originally) English firm. $$$$ that yank tick.

MarkFu

Reaction score
Aren't Umbro owned by Nike anyway?

I emailed Admiral a few years ago asking why they hadn't remade any of their old England shirts (The 82 one in particular). They replied telling me that they would love to remake those strips, but couldn't because Umbro wouldn't allow them to use the 3 lions.

On that new strip; absolutely soulless, which is actually probably a perfect match for the current England team.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks pretty crap and looks like one of those £1 cheapo T-Shirts you see in Sportsdirect.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Modern football shirts without sponsor logos always look rubbish. Brazil probably being the only real exception.

Looks good though for an England shirt. Far better than anything Umbro have churned out.

V Wolf

Reaction score
Why is a random 12 year old modelling it?

According to the article:
"The first look of the shirt was tweeted by England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who let one lucky pupil at his old school model it."

W

WasStefan

Modern football shirts without sponsor logos always look rubbish. Brazil probably being the only real exception.

Looks good though for an England shirt. Far better than anything Umbro have churned out.

The last England home and away shirts made by Umbro were probably the best England shirts I've ever worn. Simple and looked good. Especially the blue away one IMO.

Strats

Reaction score
National flag is RED and white ... No Blue!!!!

V Wolf

Reaction score
What is strange though is that this doesn't seem to be an "official" launch of the kit, yet nobody is going mental saying he's "leaked" it? I would have thought a company of the size and reputation of Nike would be very careful about the launch like this, not have some random kid snapped in it and posted on Twitter with no announcement?

G

gordonchas

It's a real shame that so many don't appear to have any sense of tradition.

England played in white and navy from their very first game in 1872, and from 1882 in white shirts and navy shorts, and it's only very recently that - in the name of "marketing" - there's been departures to the god-awful white-royal and all white kits as first choices.

Not that any of this matters but you could also ask why Italy play in blue and Holland in orange - the answers being similar, or why Spain plays in navy blue shorts? None of these colours feature on their flags either.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like it. Am I missing something? Why do people hate it so much?

I know there's no red but we've played with dark blue shorts for years.

K

KiwiWolf

IIRC wasn't the 1966 WC Final one of the first times England didn't play in this strip as it clashed totally with Germany? We tossed a coin for it and they won so we played in red shirts and white shorts, but that was never our normal kit.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is navy blue not black. It was leaked on footballshirtculture.com months ago as well as the red away

D

Deleted member 4023

England have nearly always played in white shirts with navy shorts as per the F.A.badge. The red came about because of the red rose emblems on the badge (not because of the flag)

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Aren't Umbro owned by Nike anyway?

I emailed Admiral a few years ago asking why they hadn't remade any of their old England shirts (The 82 one in particular). They replied telling me that they would love to remake those strips, but couldn't because Umbro wouldn't allow them to use the 3 lions.

On that new strip; absolutely soulless, which is actually probably a perfect match for the current England team.

Sold the company last year to some American sports brand - couldn't be bothered to google who - but I know they took quite a hit (around £80 mil IIRC) between purchase and sale price.

Back
Top Bottom