Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we use all this money to upgrade the squad or is it more complicated?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the FFP European club monopoly. Brilliant stuff. Any more we can flog to Nuno? Sick of the attitude of the big clubs. Saudi isn't going away one little bit.

I'll worry about the negative impacts of all of this later on...

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. He's doing this move for the money to give himself and his family a fantastic lifestyle and future. The fact Wolves also benefit is a beneficial spin-off.
And you don't think his family can have a fantastic life style on what wolves pay him ???

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be that this announcement is being used in an attempt to flush out offers from other clubs. Would not be surprised if the offer was matched by another club early next week.
No way he’d get anywhere near wages wise from anyone else.Think this is why he’s had his head turned,and I dow blame him .He deserves everything he gets

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best signing so far is JL, agreeing at least another year.
Long enough.to rebuild the squad teady to aim for a top 6 finish!! Next season!!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they were also going to sign Messi and loan him to Newcastle. And while they're at it, Benzema is headed to Newcastle as well.

Loan city!

Benzema has gone to a different team, al- Ittihad I think so not applicable. Messi was wanted I guess in the same way Ronaldo was for his side, for exposure and interest in the league/team. Neves is different, a player coming into his prime. I have no idea what is planned but a loan out to another team in the owners stable cant really be ruled out. Particularly a team in the Champions League which Neves had set is heart on playing in again.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad for the money we'll get but I wish he had not taken this move. I do want to see him succeed and am surprised by the lack of European interest. Nobody is watching the Saudi League and there's a risk he'll disappear.
Come on that’s his business,you are supposed to be a wolves fan.This is a fantastic deal for the club.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benzema has gone to a different team, al- Ittihad I think so not applicable. Messi was wanted I guess in the same way Ronaldo was for his side, for exposure and interest in the league/team. Neves is different, a player coming into his prime. I have no idea what is planned but a loan out to another team in the owners stable cant really be ruled out. Particularly a team in the Champions League which Neves had set is heart on playing in again.
Is the idea that Newcastle pay his wages and pay a 10m loan fee every year or something like that? Because it’s very dodgy if the Saudi club assume all his costs, with no benefit.. just because it’s the same owner? Makes no sense.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the idea that Newcastle pay his wages and pay a 10m loan fee every year or something like that? Because it’s very dodgy if the Saudi club assume all his costs, with no benefit.. just because it’s the same owner? Makes no sense.
There is no evidence he's going to Newcastle. Someone dreamed the idea up and people are acting as if it's confirmed. Highly unlikely that this would be allowed.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no evidence he's going to Newcastle. Someone dreamed the idea up and people are acting as if it's confirmed. Highly unlikely that this would be allowed.
Thought as much.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, I did not see this one coming! It's a great deal for Wolves and financially it's a great deal for Neves but I doubt it's a destination Neves has his heart in, I can see this being a short term move and as soon as Barca have some cash he will move back to Europe

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.
Stay positive mate.

Just remember over 90 % of negative thoughts never materialise.

There a lot of things to be positive about and JL & Hobbs are going to do great things for Wolves.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree and have no idea how it would work or if its even an option. Maybe Ruben is just disallusioned with the game over here, the refs etc and with Barca messing about he has decided on a new if rather unusual challenge.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, I did not see this one coming! It's a great deal for Wolves and financially it's a great deal for Neves but I doubt it's a destination Neves has his heart in, I can see this being a short term move and as soon as Barca have some cash he will move back to Europe
I think the truth as that everyone he would have liked to play for are either skint or looking elsewhere.. so he’s decided to take the best financial offer. Fair enough really

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t be ruled out him going there on loan, however with all the noise around Newcastle this would soon get ruled out.

I think the FA have the Man City case, Everton and potentially Newcastle to consider. They will need to be careful and will be closing as many loopholes as they can.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is golf, he and any other human going to Saudi for monetary reasons would be slated. I have always found it interesting that Nuno was never criticized.

I fully understand why these guys go and personally, I believe it is for each individual to decide what they want to do for their families, but there is definitely a double standard between the two sports.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great money for the club. Saudi seem to be going all in don't they? I reckon they must have some assurance for champions league spots. No way they are doing what they are without trying to get on a bigger stage.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is golf, he and any other human going to Saudi for monetary reasons would be slated. I have always found it interesting that Nuno was never criticized.

I fully understand why these guys go and personally, I believe it is for each individual to decide what they want to do for their families, but there is definitely a double standard between the two sports.
Absolutely.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a great deal for Wolves and i really don't begrudge Neves making that move. Will set his family and extended family up for life. Hard for anyone in his position to refuse.

But aren't people a bit concerned about how Saudi Arabia are using sports washing to gain respectability for what is a brutal regime, who are waging an illegal war in Yemen? And the British govt are colluding with them. This is a nation state who are taking over more and more football clubs, have already bought out the golfing establishment, and are now throwing silly money at players to try and build the prestige of their own league.

They are trying to build their standing and respectability on the world stage, by using sport, and football in particular, and it is scandalous.

As i said, i don't blame Ruben or Wolves for taking the money. But there is a bigger picture here

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How's it not applicable? 4 teams in Saudi are basically fully owned (80% I think) by the Saudi Public Investment Fund, the same group that owns whatever % of Newcastle.

So you're right, it can't be ruled out but neither can Newcastle getting Benzema or Kante or Koulibaly or whoever else they sign.

Saudi is trying to build their league by splashing money. They're not spending 55 million Euros to send Newcastle a player for 1 year.

Not to mention, it's not unlikely that Neves signs a new big money deal.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a great deal for Wolves and i really don't begrudge Neves making that move. Will set his family and extended family up for life. Hard for anyone in his position to refuse.

But aren't people a bit concerned about how Saudi Arabia are using sports washing to gain respectability for what is a brutal regime, who are waging an illegal war in Yemen? And the British govt are colluding with them. This is a nation state who are taking over more and more football clubs, have already bought out the golfing establishment, and are now throwing silly money at players to try and build the prestige of their own league.

They are trying to build their standing and respectability on the world stage, by using sport, and football in particular, and it is scandalous.

As i said, i don't blame Ruben or Wolves for taking the money. But there is a bigger picture here
The Saudi's are definitely doing that. Makes me wonder if Putin had started greasing the palms of certain influential people before invading Ukraine, what he might have achieved. The world has always rotated based on the greed of certain human beings and the sports washing going on in Saudi shows everything has its price.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. How it's got any traction is hilarious. It's quite evident Saudi are trying to grow their league by spending insane money.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is on circa 80k a week at wolves he is taking home about 2.1m a year. His contract in Saudi is rumoured to be 25 million a year tax free. An unbelievable deal and if anyone says they wouldn’t take that they are talking ****!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As strange as it may seem, this is right out of the Saudi play book. Under MBS, like him or loathe him, they are going to attempt to make massive strides on the stage of world sport be it in golf, Formula 1 or football. They have apparently targeted 2050 for hosting the World Cup and money will be no object in increasing their world profile in the meantime. Saudi teams are about to make their mark. They will simply buy anybody who is any good, player or manager. We have got Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest, wouldn't surprise me to see Saudi Arabian teams in the Champions League. Give it 5 years. UEFA/ FIFA ain't exactly famous for being interested in human rights records. But they are certainly interested in money!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How's it not applicable? 4 teams in Saudi are basically fully owned (80% I think) by the Saudi Public Investment Fund, the same group that owns whatever % of Newcastle.

So you're right, it can't be ruled out but neither can Newcastle getting Benzema or Kante or Koulibaly or whoever else they sign.

Saudi is trying to build their league by splashing money. They're not spending 55 million Euros to send Newcastle a player for 1 year.

Not to mention, it's not unlikely that Neves signs a new big money deal.

I did say I have no idea what is planned if anything. The loan idea was mentioned and is being discussed, thats all. I'm not saying its what is going to happen but its an idea also that cant be ruled out totally. More so with players in their prime than the older end of career players. Maybe Neves has been sold a project over there or maybe its just the money, I dont know. Just speculation and discussion on a forum regarding a player the majority of wolves fans are very fond and wish the best for.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not the same is it. There has only ever been one important organisation in Golf.. but football has been a game of international leagues for over a century.

The golf issue was they were leaving the PGA/Ryder Cup and all that golf had been until that point.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way he’d get anywhere near wages wise from anyone else.Think this is why he’s had his head turned,and I dow blame him .He deserves everything he gets
Head turned? What on earth are you talking about?
He's as level headed as you can get. For my POV, this is many times better than a move to a PL team, and he doesn't have to play against us.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the same is it. There has only ever been one important organisation in Golf.. but football has been a game of international leagues for over a century.

The golf issue was they were leaving the PGA/Ryder Cup and all that golf had been until that point.
It is still players going to Saudi for more money with a questionable competition. I think the European tour might want to think they are important as well!

Back
Top Bottom