Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Friend of mine from University went to live in Saudi to work as the manager for a large scale farm. While he made a lot of money he also felt incredibly isolated and bored. No bar culture or even any alcohol, no dating etc.

He used to come visit me in Beijing every 6 months and have a crazy week of debauched “fun”. I just used to give him a spare key to my apartment and the spare bedroom. I don’t think he slept for those 7 days of each trip!

Neves however has an established family so it will probably be a different experience for him.
and probably won't need your spare key. ;)

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great deal for us, would have been lucky to get £60m last year, £47m with a year remaining.

Neves will have considered the club in this I have no doubt, as well as himself obviously, in a year's time he could of got a free transfer to a champions league club of that I have no doubt.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My concern is he'll be pinging those 60 yard balls, and the pub players he'll be with won't make the runs.

Well if you have a browse over the papers today, you’ll see a flurry of them talking about the lure of money to the Saudi league, and the amount of money being invested in their teams to build the profile of the league. I’m not sure you’ll be talking about it as a pub league for much longer…

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be that this announcement is being used in an attempt to flush out offers from other clubs. Would not be surprised if the offer was matched by another club early next week.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
What would signing an extension do ? Delay the inevitable lack of money coming Barcelona ? It is only Barcelona that were ever interested.
So yes, he is doing it for his future, but personally, I think he knows what a favour he is doing us.
Not only the fee we’re getting but I wonder if part of his thinking is also getting the deal done so early in the window will help Wolves get in the targets earlier than previously thought possible as well and help towards the squad refresh we desperately need.

Personally if he goes to Al-Hilal then I’m glad. I’d have hated seeing him turn up in opposing team colours and Barcelona would’ve just buggered him about I reckon.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.
Sorry to hear about your parents, today no doubt quite poignant, hopefully you get to feel more positive about the future.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe how good this deal is for us,we would have been lucky to get £25m IMO and I dread to think what we would have got if he ended up at Barcelona.

I don't believe all this Newcastle conspiracy but even if he did go there we've still had £47m.

I'm wondering if Adama is thinking if Ruben can do it so can I.

It's made me forget the 2 lost wickets at Edgbaston at least.
****ing Hell -SPOILER ALERT. I'm really looking forward to the Ashes highlights at 7pm. Think of others will you?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

Sir, you have nothing to apologise for. I hope that everyone on here has the Wolves best interests at heart, just like yourself; if occasionally we post something that others disagree with, no harm done. Hopefully we will all have something to be more positive about as next season progresses. Best wishes.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Friend of mine from University went to live in Saudi to work as the manager for a large scale farm. While he made a lot of money he also felt incredibly isolated and bored. No bar culture or even any alcohol, no dating etc.

He used to come visit me in Beijing every 6 months and have a crazy week of debauched “fun”. I just used to give him a spare key to my apartment and the spare bedroom. I don’t think he slept for those 7 days of each trip!

Neves however has an established family so it will probably be a different experience for him.
Saudis pile into Bahrain on Thursday to party till Saturday night. Then back to work and life Sunday morning. Apparently the flight out of Riyadh to London on Thursday is interesting. As soon as it’s outside of Saudi airspace there is a long queue to the loos as people change from Saudi to Western dress.

To be honest if as a family man I was offered £26m a year tax free, I’d give it a go. Particularly with accommodation paid and living in an international area with a number of compatriots. It’s not that difficult to get to Europe.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about you losing both parents so close together….that’s hard. I hope you start to feel better soon.
If you want to be positive, then go very easy on the booze……it’s a depressant. And go for walks.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saudis pile into Bahrain on Thursday to party till Saturday night. Then back to work and life Sunday morning. Apparently the flight out of Riyadh to London on Thursday is interesting. As soon as it’s outside of Saudi airspace there is a long queue to the loos as people change from Saudi to Western dress.

To be honest if as a family man I was offered £26m a year tax free, I’d give it a go. Particularly with accommodation paid and living in an international area with a number of compatriots. It’s not that difficult to get to Europe.
From what I was told when I was out there, if you know the right compound then you can pretty much please yourself as to alcohol, sex etc.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That must have been really tough for you.

We’re all entitled to a grumble here and there.. and when you needed lifting, Wolves didn’t do much to help.

Let’s hope next year is a different story.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to read this, Cannock. Losing both parents close together, as my wife did, can hit you hard but, given time, she got through it and I'm sure you will too. All the best.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just can’t believe we let Australia score 500
You must have switched off early, never thought I'd see the Aussies get over 600 in one innings on English soil. That last stand between between Lyon and Hazelwood to add another 200 to their score was pretty galling.

As for Neves, if he is going, that is as good as it gets for us. A very good fee and we don't have to see him play for another Premier League team best season. In fact, given the TV coverage of the Saudi league, we don't have to see him play at all!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You must have switched off early, never thought I'd see the Aussies get over 600 in one innings on English soil. That last stand between between Lyon and Hazelwood to add another 200 to their score was pretty galling.

As for Neves, if he is going, that is as good as it gets for us. A very good fee and we don't have to see him play for another Premier League team best season. In fact, given the TV coverage of the Saudi league, we don't have to see him play at all!
The Aussie score was one thing, but to lose both Stokes and Anderson to long term injuries in the same session was gutting.

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if you have a browse over the papers today, you’ll see a flurry of them talking about the lure of money to the Saudi league, and the amount of money being invested in their teams to build the profile of the league. I’m not sure you’ll be talking about it as a pub league for much longer…
That's true - they're not big boozers over there, for one thing.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owned by Newcastle’s new owners. Quite clear he could be loaned back to Newcastle in the near future. Good way to get round ffp rules.
I’m sure you’re right, will gate to see him in a Newcastle shirt, really wanted him to get the move he wanted Barcelona

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Ruben
Thanks

Now can we get on with sorting out a squad for the coming season?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't quite get why a Champions League team didn't want him but at least we can put the money to good use

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping it frees up money to bring in Scott from Bristol City sounds like plenty of teams want him.
I am hoping we use some of the money to being in Scott but also offset any deal by letting them have, say, Hodge on loan for a season, too.

Stingray II

Reaction score
I'm glad for the money we'll get but I wish he had not taken this move. I do want to see him succeed and am surprised by the lack of European interest. Nobody is watching the Saudi League and there's a risk he'll disappear.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Condolences mate. Tough break. All the best to you and your family.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad for the money we'll get but I wish he had not taken this move. I do want to see him succeed and am surprised by the lack of European interest. Nobody is watching the Saudi League and there's a risk he'll disappear.
He won’t disappear to us! So when his Saudi holiday is over, he can come back to a hero’s welcome!!!

Back
Top Bottom