Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves Yellow Cards

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
Our Ruben picked up his 9th yellow of the season last night which, from a brief bit of research, means one more yellow and he gets a 2 match ban (I could be wrong on this so please feel free to correct me).
So, do we send him out against Brentford to get a soft yellow so he can take the ban meaning he misses the cup game and only one league match? Or do we let thing's run their course and take the ban when it comes.
I think I'd go with the former as he is likely to be rotated out anyway.... Having said that a good cup run could be the icing on the cake.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the yellows got reset before Xmas.
Can someone explain the ruling on this.I thought on the commentary they said it was his eighth ( I could be wrong ) and that when he gets to ten he gets a two match ban. So what would be the difference if he had reached the five before the 'reset' date and been suspended for one then.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think it's staggered across the season, so like, a one match ban for 5 yellows applies August-December, a two match ban for 10 yellows is August-March, then a three match ban for 15 yellows is all season?

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Can someone explain the ruling on this.I thought on the commentary they said it was his eighth ( I could be wrong ) and that when he gets to ten he gets a two match ban. So what would be the difference if he had reached the five before the 'reset' date and been suspended for one then.

I believe you only get the 2 game ban if you already reached 5 before the first cut off and so served a 1 game ban. I think if you get to 10 in this period and it's the first time you've reached the threshold you only get 1 game. I could be wrong though.

D

Deleted member 3751

No difference. There are cut off dates for five and ten yellow cards. He failed to reach the cut off date for his fifth yellow by one game, and has to stay under ten until 2nd Sunday in March to avoid a second ban

As far as I read it!

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

He does get a lot of cheap yellows though so I'd expect him to get to the second ban

WheaverWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I think that rule should change. The rule was there when players could actually challenge for the ball.
Basically you only have to brush past players 5 times and face a ban.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
Apologies all, I thought Neves got yellow No. 8 vs Millwall but appears it was Saiss. I'll blame the dodgy streamI was subject to. So he's on 8 yellows as it stands making my original post invalid. I've had a mare!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies all, I thought Neves got yellow No. 8 vs Millwall but appears it was Saiss. I'll blame the dodgy streamI was subject to. So he's on 8 yellows as it stands making my original post invalid. I've had a mare!
In other words... 'You've had a Pardew'.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that rule should change. The rule was there when players could actually challenge for the ball.
Basically you only have to brush past players 5 times and face a ban.
Although this does not seem to be consistent during a match. This is the problem with the referees and their bias conscious or otherwise.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do not wish to know about your deviations thankyou.:p

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No difference. There are cut off dates for five and ten yellow cards. He failed to reach the cut off date for his fifth yellow by one game, and has to stay under ten until 2nd Sunday in March to avoid a second ban

As far as I read it!

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

He does get a lot of cheap yellows though so I'd expect him to get to the second ban

So will his (seemingly inevitable) second yellow incur a two-match ban?

Some of his yellows are so soft. Refs seem to relish booking him for not much

D

Deleted member 3751

So will his (seemingly inevitable) second yellow incur a two-match ban?

Some of his yellows are so soft. Refs seem to relish booking him for not much

Yeah it would be a two match ban. Totally agree he gets soft, soft yellows. Got one for kicking the ball away last night, mad when you think that's equal punishment for something like Roberts' tackle on Jota

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it would be a two match ban. Totally agree he gets soft, soft yellows. Got one for kicking the ball away last night, mad when you think that's equal punishment for something like Roberts' tackle on Jota

Getting a yellow for kicking the ball away is not a very clever thing to do. Have a word Nuno.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got 8 yellows this season.

For some reason his yellow in the away game at Hull wasn't noted by all media outlets which is why whoever does Sky's research came up with last night being his 7th, rather than 8th.

For this reason, there was confusion in some quarters as to whether he was suspended for the Blues game or not (i.e. whether he had actually reached 5 yellows before December).

He was however booked at Hull, and then Barnsley, Sheffield Utd, Norwich and Bolton leading to him being unavailable for the Blues game after 5 yellows.

Since Blues, he has accrued a further 3 yellows: at Sheffield Wed, v Ipswich and against last night: a total of 8 for the season.

It's pretty obvious it's just a matter of time until the next suspension.

W

WOMWOL

It's something he needs to eradicate from his game. Believe yesterday's yellow was for kicking the ball away. Soft.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Ruben picked up his 9th yellow of the season last night which, from a brief bit of research, means one more yellow and he gets a 2 match ban (I could be wrong on this so please feel free to correct me).
So, do we send him out against Brentford to get a soft yellow so he can take the ban meaning he misses the cup game and only one league match? Or do we let thing's run their course and take the ban when it comes.
I think I'd go with the former as he is likely to be rotated out anyway.... Having said that a good cup run could be the icing on the cake.
I have checked and he is on 7

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
Now. About those 9 yellow cards☺️. Looked another soft one tonight, so now only one yellow away from another ban. Not so worried about how we'll perform without him more the fact that it's one less match when we get to see his quality. Still I suppose he deserves a rest.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Now. About those 9 yellow cards☺️. Looked another soft one tonight, so now only one yellow away from another ban. Not so worried about how we'll perform without him more the fact that it's one less match when we get to see his quality. Still I suppose he deserves a rest.
He’s got 8

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
@portugaletc is right of course, some innocuous fouls which were probably correct yellows but for him to end up missing 3 games this season as seems likely without making a nasty foul all season does seem very harsh (not least on those of us who don't get to watch him).

Back
Top Bottom