Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He's better than he was early this season pre-West Ham, so I'll stay hopeful, he certainly looks determined, he's more than raw pace, but that's what raises him to top level.

Rowzed

Reaction score
I hope you are right, he did look hungry yesterday but I thought Ashley Young at aged 37 was more than a match for him.
To be fair Ashley Young has been a match for most this season, he’s phenomenal. I think he’s been playing better for Villa this season than 10 years back wits United and seemed to spend his time trying to get cheap fouls around the box

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worried me yesterday that a 67 year old Ashley Young had him for pace every time. I wonder if he’s lost a yard.

I'm not sure Young had him for pace tbh, it was more from what i saw Neto had to wait for players to get up the pitch with him which gave young a chance to get into position with him.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were two or three occasions in the first half when he was in a straight race for a through ball and Young beat him every time.

Thought that myself initially but Young always had a few yards head start on him to be fair. I think Young is a pretty solid full back despite him being older, really good positioning. Konsa, who seems quicker than Young, got rinsed by Neto quite quickly when he moved to RB.

T

TheConcourse

There was also one burst of pace when he tried to stop the ball going out where he looked rapid.

His touch is looking good too.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a replay of when Neto and a Villa defender were chasing a ball? Appeared that the Villa player slipped and Neto was through, but the ref gave a free kick. It was after about 15 minutes.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anybody seen a replay of when Neto and a Villa defender were chasing a ball? Appeared that the Villa player slipped and Neto was through, but the ref gave a free kick. It was after about 15 minutes.

It was Ramsey I think, break off a corner? I thought it was soft but Neto didn’t seem to moan which is probs telling. One of the soft but always given types as he probs gave him a pat on the back.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it either but it doesn’t surprise me.

Selfish and petulant…and that was from before he was injured last time.

It’s a team game. I like the frustration if he wants to play but we won. Celebrate with your team and your fans.

Can’t see him here next season.
Guilty! Send him to the tower "I've not seen it, but it's well out of order. I didn't see Podence spit but that's out of order too". They can keep each other company.

Good old MolMix kangaroo court. I have no further questions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen a replay, but that's how it looked to me too.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guilty! Send him to the tower "I've not seen it, but it's well out of order. I didn't see Podence spit but that's out of order too". They can keep each other company.

Good old MolMix kangaroo court. I have no further questions.
Whatever.

Neto exuded passion yesterday which was great to see. Hoping for a big season from him next season. Fair play to him.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever.

Neto exuded passion yesterday which was great to see. Hoping for a big season from him next season. Fair play to him.
In the meantime though we should lock him up for the petulance you never saw after the Brentford game. I'm with you brother!

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought against Brighton he looked very quick especially the moment when the ref could have played on after the Costa foul.
Think against Villa he was putting in a lot of pressing work so he’s never going to be at his quickest sprinting if still in recovery mode. Think/Hope that was what we were seeing in the duals vs Young.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto’s pace and determination is what makes him the player he is. Skilful too.

I remember thinking at the time we signed him and Jordao and apparently Jordao was touted as the better player lol

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were two or three occasions in the first half when he was in a straight race for a through ball and Young beat him every time.
There were a couple of occasions in the first half where he couldnt outpace Young which surprised me,but second half he looked half a yard faster
Whether JL said something or not is debateable but he was definitely up for it more second half

ManSolo

Reaction score
There were a couple of occasions in the first half where he couldnt outpace Young which surprised me,but second half he looked half a yard faster
Whether JL said something or not is debateable but he was definitely up for it more second half

It sometimes take time to regain full fitness and even more importantly confidence in the state of his knee which have caused much pain.

So we will see improvement in pace, acceleration and agility when he fully trusts his body again.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, saw it very clearly from the North Bank.

Anyway, Young is no slouch despite his age, and the drop of the shoulder and delivery on a plate for Nunes in the second half showed there's life beyond searing pace - I think that's the first time I've seen him properly take someone on since he came back from injury and it was great to see

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to give him time but not too much.
Podence and Traore have shown that you can hang on too long at the detriment of the team.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We noticed this too.

I will always remember him away at Braga when he came on and he was absolute lightning. Almost won it with a worldie.

Some of it might be confidence, some of it could be subconscious as he doesn’t want another long lay off.

Pace is a big part of him game, hope he flys again next season.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True.. but Neto’s real pace has always been how quick he is with the ball at his feet, not without it.

The Eternal Flame

Reaction score
I'd be very worried if I were Neto. Until he went off Ashley Young had him in his back pocket for most of the game. The 37 year old out-paced him a couple of times also.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His energy levels were there on Saturday like they haven’t been for a while. He still looks like he needs to regain some pace but I’m happy with him and how he looks. Hopefully he carries on getting picked for the rest of the season, has a rest and then comes back fit and firing for a hard pre season.

Back
Top Bottom