Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neanderthals

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how the Grealish incident doesn't have it's own thread (apologies if I've missed it), but as much of a tit as the guy coming on the pitch was, the biggest issue for me was the support he got from an awful lot of Bl*es fans.
I know all clubs have their idiots, everyone knows we have some too, but I just can't imagine Molineux faithful approving of such actions. In fact, I seem to remember in our most recent pitch invaders getting pelters from all round the ground.

Just look at these slack-jawed, cap-wearing, inbred mugs dribbling at the action unfolding in front of them (just to the right of Grealish's head and the baldy in the top right in particular):

D563VJHJA5EBFMQO57N4GC7IDQ.jpg

A proper reaction should be that of the blonde lady and the fella to the left of her.

I've always felt their fans were the worst ever since having bricks through our coach windows coming back from St. An***ws. Much worse than the Sandwell lot.

Sub-human scum.

D

Deleted member 3751

Not sure how the Grealish incident doesn't have it's own thread (apologies if I've missed it), but as much of a tit as the guy coming on the pitch was, the biggest issue for me was the support he got from an awful lot of Bl*es fans.
I know all clubs have their idiots, everyone knows we have some too, but I just can't imagine Molineux faithful approving of such actions. In fact, I seem to remember in our most recent pitch invaders getting pelters from all round the ground.

Just look at these slack-jawed, cap-wearing, inbred mugs dribbling at the action unfolding in front of them (just to the right of Grealish's head and the baldy in the top right in particular):

A proper reaction should be that of the blonde lady and the fella to the left of her.

I've always felt their fans were the worst ever since having bricks through our coach windows coming back from St. An***ws. Much worse than the Sandwell lot.

Sub-human scum.
Some of the faces in that crowd are great, some of shock, a couple of glee. I'd imagine quite a few turned to anger shortly after that shot.

Grealish's reaction does give an idea of how hard he (and most footballers) pretends he's been hit when he usually goes down holding his face... but that's irrelevant!

I have worries about copycat idiots though. There was the Arsenal invasion yesterday, the one against Rangers the other night. We have a massively high profile game this weekend after a full day of drinking, I hope none of our idiots (every club has them) thinks it'd be clever to replicate something like this

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure how i would have reacted if i was in the stadium.

Even when i heard it in the car, my first reaction was amusement. I'm normally a fairly moral person, but that's just the neanderthal in me. There are much more horrendous things going on around without getting too upset over the incident.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure how i would have reacted if i was in the stadium.

Even when i heard it in the car, my first reaction was amusement. I'm normally a fairly moral person, but that's just the neanderthal in me. There are much more horrendous things going on around without getting too upset over the incident.

Really? Just forget about it then?

What if this **** had had a blade?? Which is VERY plausible.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No i think he should go to Jail, which he will.

What if someone brought an explosive into the stadium?

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No i think he should go to Jail, which he will.

What if someone brought an explosive into the stadium?

Not sure I get your point. I would imagine it's a lot harder to sneak an explosive, not to mention detonator under your cap or arsecrack and then carry it while running onto pitch to stick it in someone's back or neck.
Carrying blades is a much more prevalent issue. Plus this nob would have no idea how to put together an explosive, let alone handle it. Would probably blow himself up putting it together or carrying it around in a plastic bag with his cheap cans of cider.

So don't be silly and so dismissive.

Last edited:

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
All clubs have their idiots, it's more a measure of society in general rather than specific to a particular club. There would have been a mixture of astonishment, derision & pleasure from those in the stands at the time, as I believe there would have been at other grounds/games. Let's not forget that it was the Brum derby & Grealish is something of a pantomime villain (no pun intended)!

IMO it's totally moronic behaviour. I suspect it's pre-meditated and he probably told people he was going to do it. I hope the wannabe Peaky Blinder get's what's coming to him. IDIOT!

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it were up to me, i'd get the fans to police it themselves.
Any stand that has a home-fan invader, should be closed for the next match.That way all fans get punished in that stand.
Before any knickers get twisted, I totally understand that this would be incredibly harsh - but I think having the wrath of an entire stand and fan base as a whole, would be a pretty good deterrent.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I get your point. I would imagine it's a lot harder to sneak an explosive, not to mention detonator under your cap or in arsecrack and then carry it while running onto pitch to stick it in someone's back or neck.
Carrying blades is a much more prevalent issue. Plus this nob would have no idea how to put together an explosive, let alone handle it. Would probably blow himself up putting it together or carrying it around in a plastic bag with his cheap cans of cider.

So don't be silly and so dismissive.

I was referring to a terrorist attack. My point was if someone wants to do something horrendous, they will.

I'm not sure what you can do apart from putting up a fence.

Saw Neville suggesting a points deduction, like as if someone mad enough to stab someone would be put off by that.

Just think attacking blues fans about this is harsh, could have easily happened to any set of supporters, with a small set of scummy fans.

As for the photo, a human reaction during an incident is just that. a photo of S1 would have looked very similar.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being a pitch invader and running around or streaking or whatever and making a tit of yourself is one thing.

But to run on with the sole intent of attacking a player is another matter entirely.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
Taking the article in on the BBC website by Phil Neville, you can't help but think that this is a trend and could escalate. How long until a player is seriously hurt (i.e stabbed).
I dread to think what the measures would be to 'ensure players safety'? Metal detectors .... fences ....

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was referring to a terrorist attack. My point was if someone wants to do something horrendous, they will.

Saw Neville suggesting a points deduction, like as if someone mad enough to stab someone would be put off by that.

Just think attacking blues fans about this is harsh, could have easily happened to any set of supporters, with a small set of scummy fans.

As for the photo, a human reaction during an incident is just that. a photo of S1 would have looked very similar.

We're talking here about fans of a club. I find it hard to believe a fan of the club would attempt to blow it up. So, bearing in mind if the punishment negatively impacts the club they support, i think you are far more likely to be able to prevent something horrendous than if you are just talking about some nutter off the street

E

Edgmond Wolf

Being a pitch invader and running around or streaking or whatever and making a tit of yourself is one thing.

But to run on with the sole intent of attacking a player is another matter entirely.
We got a point yesterday ;)

Who give a **** about Grealish, are you a Villa fan?:p

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I get your point. I would imagine it's a lot harder to sneak an explosive, not to mention detonator under your cap or in arsecrack

I'd rather fill my ass with plastic explosive than a knife though.

My preference would be nothing btw, but if I was forced!

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather fill my ass with plastic explosive than a knife though.

My preference would be nothing btw, but if I was forced!
Dont forget the hard plastic housing, wiring and power source!

Probably crocodile clips as well :eek:

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stewards need to be further back from the fans to give them a chance to see them coming.
And sticking a high-vis on a student or young girl is not good enough.
This is not a time for sexual equality or anything like that. A fully grown man, frothing at the mouth is not going to be put off by them. Someone suitably built needs to take them down and not just let it happen. They need to be more bouncer and less usher.
Stewards should also be better organised so there is never a one-on-one situation.
All rights go out the window as soon as you leave the stand. Players and their team mates should be allowed to beat seven shades of **** out of any dick making advances on the pitch.

Or let Tyrone Mings run past him.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's this fella that's clearly aroused by it all that I find most worrying.

View attachment 9265
I can see the cameraman getting the sack too.

Just see the headlines " Fan invades pitch and assaults ballon dor winner"

And the cameraman looks like he's taking photos of somebody warming up?

D

Deleted member 3573J

Over the top reactions to talk about knives and players potentially getting killed, it's just ********* after some attention. He probably had a bet with mates that he'd go on the pitch and punch Grealish and they all laughed and said he was chatting ****. To leap from this to something as sinister as a fan bringing a knife to stab a player is something completely different entirely.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was an imbecilic guy who just happens to be a Blues fan. He could be a fan of any club let's be honest here. He may have not been a football fan at all but still an imbecile who would attack someone in the street. These things tend to be blown way out of proportion when you consider the number of people who attend football matches every week. It happened, it's shocking...but talk of knives, docking points, additional security and policing is a ridiculous overreaction in my opinion.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stewards need to be further back from the fans to give them a chance to see them coming.
And sticking a high-vis on a student or young girl is not good enough.
This is not a time for sexual equality or anything like that. A fully grown man, frothing at the mouth is not going to be put off by them. Someone suitably built needs to take them down and not just let it happen. They need to be more bouncer and less usher.
Stewards should also be better organised so there is never a one-on-one situation.
All rights go out the window as soon as you leave the stand. Players and their team mates should be allowed to beat seven shades of **** out of any dick making advances on the pitch.

Or let Tyrone Mings run past him.
What perhaps is more worrying from that photo is, theres not a steward in sight

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Furthermore, I got headed butted in the face by a Stoke "fan" about twenty years ago. Where's my extra protection?

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is talk of knives overrection? Have any of you opened a paper or seen the news recently?
It's a massive problem on the streets and only a matter of time before it makes it's way into grounds.

In fact, it's probably already here, we just haven't had any incidents....yet.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Furthermore, I got headed butted in the face by a Stoke "fan" about twenty years ago. Where's my extra protection?

Were you a professional footballer going about their business on the pitch?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it were up to me, i'd get the fans to police it themselves.
Any stand that has a home-fan invader, should be closed for the next match.That way all fans get punished in that stand.
Before any knickers get twisted, I totally understand that this would be incredibly harsh - but I think having the wrath of an entire stand and fan base as a whole, would be a pretty good deterrent.
This would also ensure the crowd are policing themselves which can only be a good thing. Would only need to happen once.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This. Monica Seles was stabbed on court by a 'crazed' fan. Very plausible that some **** could have a knife. Shocking incident.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Talking of knives, back in the mid seventies we went to see us play at Everton .are We were in the seats behind the goal and having been on top the Referee gave us nothing ,started giving them free kicks for the slightest touch and they went bang bang bang and scored 3 in just over 2 minutes.
I turned to my mate and moaned about the Ref and our luck whereupon this huge bloke in front turned round,opened his donkey jacket and pulled out a huge blade and told us if we didn’t shut the f*** up he would use it.
I accept security is better these days but I shall always remember that scary moment inside a ground .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sub-human scum.
I hate blues more than anyone. Always have since since Wolves fans in front of me having bags of **** thrown on them from above. Being caged in after the match and bricks hurled at us while the police watched.

Blues seem to have a larger minority than most. It is a minority though, we should be mindful of that. We should also be mindful that this is nothing new, historically Blues have been amongst the worst, recent history too. Was it Chris Kirkland approached by a knuckle dragger at St Andrews?

People have very short memories if they think these incidents are something new to be concerned with. It's always happened, like knife crime. I'm not condoning it or suggesting we shouldn't combat it but let's not pretend it's not happened before. It's not the scourge of today, it's the scourge of every day.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I was a human being going about my life. Please explain the difference?
Really? o_O

Ok, You are supposed to be protected while at work. It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure your safety. There are signs for this everywhere. McDonalds, on the bus. Probably every office in the land somewhere, or in your Ts&Cs.
Everyone has the right to be able to go about their job without their safety being threatened.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone of the 22 players on the pitch would have ironed out that grub yesterday. An athlete v short overweight football fan, I know who my money would be on. Cowardly.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? o_O

Ok, You are supposed to be protected while at work. It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure your safety. There are signs for this everywhere. McDonalds, on the bus. Probably every office in the land somewhere, or in your Ts&Cs.
Everyone has the right to be able to go about their job without their safety being threatened.

and how many footballers have been hurt by fans?... Now compare this to the number of nurses who are attacked every day in their jobs.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and how many footballers have been hurt by fans?... Now compare this to the number of nurses who are attacked every day in their jobs.
Again, I don't get your point. What are you saying? Because it happens elsewhere, you shouldn't do anything to combat it here and just write it off as "It's one of those things" or "it just happens"? No wonder nothing changes with that kind of attitude o_O

Completely different situation. And this is and should be far easier to police.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is talk of knives overrection? Have any of you opened a paper or seen the news recently?
It's a massive problem on the streets and only a matter of time before it makes it's way into grounds.

In fact, it's probably already here, we just haven't had any incidents....yet.
There's been incidents, around Europe, both pre and post games ...

The issue exists already ... just a matter of time before there's a stabbing in a stadium (not necessarily a player)

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two kids got stabbed to death in Birmingham last week. This insignificant in comparison. Yes the bloke is a Pratt and it kinda somes blues up but let’s get some perspective.
Exactly. Happens all the time at the moment. Things should be done to prevent it where possible rather than just condemn it after the fact.
Proactive rather than Reactive.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. Monica Seles was stabbed on court by a 'crazed' fan. Very plausible that some **** could have a knife. Shocking incident.
I remember that, the dark days of tennis. As I recall there was a strawberry fight a week later!

In all seriousness the serbs and the croats love a row at the tennis don't they. It's one sport where in the terraces England definitely ain't top dog. The Brenda's and Doreen's just don't have that mean streak. Would be funny if they did though. All tooled up in floral prints and sun hats lol!

Back
Top Bottom