Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about Collins tbh, but he seems to be highly rated by Burnley fans. How come he only played 19 games last season?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's such a good dribbler. Didn't get to show it with Burnley data wise, although even though his numbers were low he was like miles ahead of Mee/Tarkowski in the same system which is great signs.
He seems to be a really good "smooth" lateral athlete as well.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's such a good dribbler. Didn't get to show it with Burnley data wise, although even though his numbers were low he was like miles ahead of Mee/Tarkowski in the same system which is great signs.
He seems to be a really good "smooth" lateral athlete as well.
6ft 4 quick and can carry a ball out of defence

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
WhoScored rated Collins at 6.89 last season - 75th overall in the PL. That was a higher rating than any of our players except RAN and Adama. If we are talking about CB comparisons, Coady was rated 190th

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6ft 4 quick and can carry a ball out of defence
Exactly what we need.

Kilman started doing that before his injury as well. It did get us up the pitch!

On the YouTube video Collins looks as if he can hit some great long passes as well. Tackling looked very good as well.

He’s a full international, young, good, got Premier League experience and plays in a position we need to fill.

Gerrimin quick Jeff!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would people be content witj

Sa
Jonny
Collins
Xoady
Kilman
RAN
Neves
New
MGW
Rail
Neto
With two reservations. The reason I felt Raul underperformed last season was because he lacked the support of a quality player up front, Neto and MGW should take some of the pressure off him and he should be good for 10 - 15 goals again for the season. If he continues to underperform.
Our performances at the end of last season were of a team that is likely to struggle against relegation and I held the manager accountable, hopefully I'm wrong and he can prove himself this season.
I'm assuming we would have Chiq and Adama in reserve.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With two reservations. The reason I felt Raul underperformed last season was because he lacked the support of a quality player up front, Neto and MGW should take some of the pressure off him and he should be good for 10 - 15 goals again for the season. If he continues to underperform.
Our performances at the end of last season were of a team that is likely to struggle against relegation and I held the manager accountable, hopefully I'm wrong and he can prove himself this season.
I'm assuming we would have Chiq and Adama in reserve.
Rumours were of a forward, a cb (collins) a cm, and two young south americans (osorio an dperhaps renan)

So id be interested in who the forward is.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Medical today - Fee agreed at £21m

If this can be believed
Well i would say that usually percy only says it when its certain, given we played burnley on saturday, i would like to expect a quick close and an announcement wednesday.

We need to get the players in as soon as possible so they can fly to spain and any dead wood can be cleared out

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club have always said that money is there for the right player.

Collins is the right player. He ticks every box.

Very highly rated
Full international
Fee lower than selling club expected and probably lower than market value
Will be on relatively low wages
Huge sell-on potential

I'm really, really happy with this one if it happens. It future proofs our centre back position for a good few years and he is potential captain material when Coady's time here ends.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nathan Collins came through the Stoke Academy.
Irish Times today identifies him as being a product of the Cherry Orchard nursery in Dublin with which his family have had a long association.

A cousin Mike Collins was on Liverpools books and his uncle Eamonn was on the books of a number of clubs including Colchester United before becoming an agent.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play 3 at the back with Kilmarnock and Coady I think it will give us a lot more options. Kilman isn’t slow and is actually comfortable bring the ball forward, by all accounts Collins is similar. Last year for much of the year we had Saiss and Coady alongside Kilman, neither have pace and therefore we could be susceptible to the ball behind and often Kilman would get them out of trouble. Similarly we would have two players to attack the ball in the air which frees up Coady to sweep as he does get caught under the ball occasionally.

So we would have 3 ball playing centre halves, two with some pace who are happy to carry the ball into midfield and we can push further up the pitch. Something we haven’t really had as Boly, whilst a good defender never looked comfortable doing that. Although the most uncomfortable I ever saw doing it was Floyd Streete who you could see starting to sweat after he crossed the half way line and if he came within 35 yards of the oppositions goal would panic boot the ball randomnly and run back to his position as though he was being chased by a pack of wild animals. Good player (for where we were) but it was comical.

As an aside, when talking about Center

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club have always said that money is there for the right player.

Collins is the right player. He ticks every box.

Very highly rated
Full international
Fee lower than selling club expected and probably lower than market value
Will be on relatively low wages
Huge sell-on potential

I'm really, really happy with this one if it happens. It future proofs our centre back position for a good few years and he is potential captain material when Coady's time here ends.
Excellent summary, top player and good start to recruitment this summer

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WhoScored rated Collins at 6.89 last season - 75th overall in the PL. That was a higher rating than any of our players except RAN and Adama. If we are talking about CB comparisons, Coady was rated 190th

Not massive on Whoscored rating system personally. If you want to look at analytical side of things FBREF is a decent site.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Much happier we are signing Collins at 20 million rather than Tarkowski on a free with massive wages.

Bit of patience is sometimes needed a lot on the mix and social media we're adamant we should've gone for Tarkowski despite his obscene wage demands.

Tarkowski has hit his Ceiling, Collins has a long time till he reaches his full potential but has already cemented himself as a premier league starter at 21.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've had a couple of Arsenal and United fans text me to say Collins would be a fantastic signing. I always liked the look of him but didn't realise how highly rated he actually was. With the medical today it should be official soon, hopefully.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on all the comments (here & online) seems a really good signing for us.

Seems highly rated.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not massive on Whoscored rating system personally. If you want to look at analytical side of things FBREF is a decent site.
There was a more detailed split between playing in central defence to him being played at rb. Rb was in the 6s, centre back was well in the 7s which would push him up the table against his peers somewhat

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe he captained Stoke too? With us targetting young players is important they are leaders wherever possible

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had a couple of Arsenal and United fans text me to say Collins would be a fantastic signing. I always liked the look of him but didn't realise how highly rated he actually was. With the medical today it should be official soon, hopefully.

That's the thing with this one. It's one of those signings with a really good feeling about it, because it's one of those signings that other club's fans look at and think, "that's a great signing!".

The sort of transfers that happen that we all think we should have been in for. Well we are for this one!

Man United fans even saying that they should gazump us for him now, rather than buying him off us for £80m in a few seasons!!

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabrizio saying it's done for 2o million and personal terms agreed.

Back
Top Bottom