Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathaël Julan

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the verge of signing on a free / nominal fee from Le Harve.

19 year old, 6ft 4 forward according to Spiers.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how many times this can be said, but:

1. This is exactly the sort of signing we need to be making.

2. This is not the only sort of signing we need to be making.

Those two statements do not contradict each other. We should not moan when we make this signing because it's not what stops us making first team signings.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Haven't we got enough untried or barely used youngsters who play up top
Bright ,Reid,Ennis,Wilson,Collins ,Allan (and no doubt others)?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done a bit of Googling and can't find too much about him.

A total of 22 minutes from 3 substitute appearances for Le Harve in Ligue 2 this season. Played most of his football for their B team and someone on Twitter reckons he's scored 12 in 22 for them but I can't find any stats on that.

He's 20 next month so definitely feasible that he'll feature for the first team.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's played 22 minutes (all off the bench) for Le Havre in Ligue 2. Le Havre are managed by Bob Bradley, who you'd imagine can spot a decent player.

Last two players we signed from Le Havre (I think): Ludo Pollet and Mo Camara.

D

Deleted member 4722

I guess hes free just have to pay his wages oh I wish the club was sold going to be a long summer unless the club is sold

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Havre are managed by Bob Bradley, who you'd imagine can spot a decent player. Last two players we signed from them were Ludo Pollet and Mo Camara.

Haven't we got enough untried or barely used youngsters who play up top
Bright ,Reid,Ennis,Wilson,Collins ,Allan (and no doubt others)?

No, because the chances are a lot of these won't make it. Youngsters are so cheap relative to first team squad players that if 5 fail and 1 comes off we'll make a profit/benefit. Of course you can only have so many without risking on missing out, but I don't think we're at that level.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester signed Riyad Mahrez for £375k from Le Harve. You never know.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those two statements do not contradict each other. We should not moan when we make this signing because it's not what stops us making first team signings.

I agree we should make these kind of signings. If we sign enough of the right kind of signings to go with them... Which we won't.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Nathaël Julan ‏@NathaJln 1m
Je n'ai signer nul part pour le moment. / I not signed anywhere for the moment.

Not done yet, but at least he appears to be tweeting bilingually!

We've made some great signings around this age group so let's be optimistic for a day or two.

D

Deleted member 4124

Agreed. As long as we make both types of signings, we're good.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggested a few weeks back their other young striker, Lys Mousset, a French u20 international who managed 14 goals for them last season.

Seen Bristol City have been linked with him today, shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the E&S:

"Former Wolves man Ludo Pollet - who also played for Le Harve - has been scouting for the club in France for the past year and the recommendation is likely to have come from the popular ex-defender."

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue with this at all. Will strengthen the U21's and will be cheap so its a no brainer. Be nice to back it up now with some genuine first team players but the summer is very new so no moans from me.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggested a few weeks back their other young striker, Lys Mousset, a French u20 international who managed 14 goals for them last season.

Strange as he would surely be a more mature option as he is actually a first teamer. But I guess he might cost MONEY and that is something the club apparently have decided they don't have much of anymore. As to the other guy why not? Eventually Thelwell may fluke a decent signing and if Pollet is responsible then perhaps might be a reasonable prospect. It would be typical Wolves, however, to get the wrong striker of the two.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
From the E&S:

"Former Wolves man Ludo Pollet - who also played for Le Harve - has been scouting for the club in France for the past year and the recommendation is likely to have come from the popular ex-defender."

Having Ludo scouting for us in France sounds good, top bloke.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"At 6ft 4ins he fits the powerful mode Jackett is looking for" according to the Guess and Stir!!
Certainly got the height but looks like he'd have to run round in the shower to get wet!
Perhaps six weeks on the Moxey- plan diet will bulk the poor lad up a bit?!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"At 6ft 4ins he fits the powerful mode Jackett is looking for" according to the Guess and Stir!!
Certainly got the height but looks like he'd have to run round in the shower to get wet!
Perhaps six weeks on the Moxey- plan diet will bulk the poor lad up a bit?!

Power is all we hear about now from Jackett. Technical ability? Can he actually trap a ball and turn a defender? Has he got any pace. Or is he just a gawky youth who because he is 6ft 4 and cheap fits into the current gameplan of Jackett and Thelwell? Remember that ridiculous signing The Hoff!

T

The Pundit

This is a bigger statement than just 'one for the development squad'.

Turns 20 by the start of the season so in the age bracket of Iorfa, Hause and Graham. Yet has to be better than Bright and Ennis so as not to stifle them.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One for the $$$$ing future. How about the first team??? Nominal fees is about all we can afford.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would rather have us sign Famara Diedhiou but we can only afford French second division reserve team players now. God help us.

E

Essex Wolf

Should he sign wish him well and hope he can make the grade and be the sort of player Wolves need.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this sort of signing, should it happen, but still maintain that proven quality/experience is needed. Keep saying it but the club needs to find a balance.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I can't think of a single transfer window where Wolves haven't signed both young and first team players.

As I said previously we already have Bright Ennis Wilson Collins Allan and Reid in that age bracket.All virtually untried under a Manager who wouldn't give any of them game time (I don't mean a few minutes here and there) when he said he would.
My fear is we will have a log jam with several pushed out on loan and never to be seen in a Wolves shirt.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, $$$$ the future, I am a baby and I want something NOW!

Count the number of young forwards we already have in the U21's. This in my opinion is not a player who is regarded as a youth player, it typifies what we can now afford with the club up for sale.

E

Essex Wolf

Okresh, not taking any sides here mate but if the here and now is not looked after and taken care of the future is no guarantee and that applies to many things in life not just football.

But I do agree that Wolves have signed young and first team players but sadly and all to often those signings have not been up to what was needed.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From that interview I posted:

Have you ambition to join the Ligue 2 Le Havre with or do you have other contacts?

"I was offered a pro contract in Le Havre but I will first finish my season. My priority is to sign Le Havre. But I have foreign clubs that have approached me and if the Havre does not offer me playing time guarantees, I would not hesitate to commit myself to the other side of the Channel."

So sounds like he wants first team football to me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don't know how many times this can be said, but:

+1!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
As I said previously we already have Bright Ennis Wilson Collins Allan and Reid in that age bracket.All virtually untried under a Manager who wouldn't give any of them game time (I don't mean a few minutes here and there) when he said he would.
My fear is we will have a log jam with several pushed out on loan and never to be seen in a Wolves shirt.

Sounds like he might be a different style of player that Bright, Ennis, Wilson, Collins, Allan and Reid Jonzy?

F

FLEET WOLF

From that interview I posted:

Have you ambition to join the Ligue 2 Le Havre with or do you have other contacts?

"I was offered a pro contract in Le Havre but I will first finish my season. My priority is to sign Le Havre. But I have foreign clubs that have approached me and if the Havre does not offer me playing time guarantees, I would not hesitate to commit myself to the other side of the Channel."

So sounds like he wants first team football to me.

He will get first team football at Telford, on loan from us!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were sounding more like a bus for kids wanting to be a footballer at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom