Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

N’Diaye or Saiss

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well have to say every time N’Diaye has played Iv been impressed with him. Offers more of physical presence on the ball and off it. Not bad going forward either.

Just wondering if people are starting to think Alfred is the better option?

W

WasStefan

N'Diaye offers a lot more in my opinion. Physical, fast, offers something when breaking forward. Saiss will need to win his position back.

E

Essex Wolf

In the games he's played then N’Diaye for me but feel a bit bad saying that as Saiss has performed well. Hopefully Saiss will have seen and realised how well N’Diaye has played in his absense and when fit give Nuno a pleasant headache.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can call me a Lambert but I don't think Saiss is anything special and is too one footed and languid.
I'd pick N'Diaye over Saiss every time he's a much more physical presence, he's continually box to box with his workrate and is a better partner for Neves.
100% agree.

D

Deleted member 5910

I would say N'Diaye at the moment because he complements Neves better and offers something different. Saiss, as terrific as he has been this season, is too similar to Neves.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ndiaye offers much more athleticism and gets in the box which makes space for others.

Saiss looks in pain when running , but is much better at dictating a game.

Have to say ndiaye has to start given our creativity is so much greater as a result of his movement.

Prior to Ipswich we weren’t creating many war cut chances. Last two games we have created loads and I think a lot of that is due to him occupying defenders and others taking up the space he has created

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss seems to give away an awful lot of avoidable free kicks (he pulls shirts and arms a lot).

Alf looks premier class from what I've seen

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
IMO we don't need the defensive security that Saiss and Neves offer in the majority of games (Ipswich and Sheff Utd proved that). Maybe if we needed to not lose v Villa / Derby then but RS in.. but **** it, lets play attacking football with AN in the team

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Irrespective of the merits of either player, it may be an option to leave Saiss out at the moment. With both he and Neves 1 yellow away from a 2 match ban, it may make some sense not to play them together with the risk of them both being booked in the same match and both then being unavailable for 2 matches. Ndiaye's form has certainly justified his inclusion.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
N'Diaye has been mostly very good this season but lost form before Xmas. Hard to keep the form and stay injury free all season.
Neves makes both of them look better than they are though tbf.

D

Deleted member 4124

Amazing how quickly everyone's opinions on him have changed.
Also amazing how Saiss all of a sudden isn't "all that" anymore just because N'Diaye has covered well for him during injury.

They are two very good options who can offer different things. We don't need to pin them against each other.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Still Saiss for me. Been superb this season and think he offers more positional discipline and extra quality on the ball. Let's not forget that he was a key member of the side that built up such a commanding lead and up until his injury, had made more passes than any other player in The Championship.

Having said that, Alfred has been excellent since coming in and fully deserves the shirt at the moment. Only fair that Saiss has to wait his turn.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also amazing how Nuno just can't see it. Seems like he just keeps picking the wrong midfield pairing 90% of the time. Must have picked up that giant lead at the top of the league with Saiss in the team by some fluke.

How dare fans have differing opinions on players.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i really like Saiss but Alf has done well when hes come in. to have those two as an option is great, i dont mind either. however do think it might be one of the first upgrades should we go up.

U

Ulfhednar

It depends on the opposition and type of game we need to play. I hope we'll have both in the Prem and have a proper go at cup runs. We'll need them for depth in case of injuries and to push form, and if the players who've been first team a lot this season but who might struggle in the Prem were in our second string like played cup games this season, think we could achieve a lot.

E

Essex Wolf

Amazing how quickly everyone's opinions on him have changed.
Also amazing how Saiss all of a sudden isn't "all that" anymore just because N'Diaye has covered well for him during injury.

They are two very good options who can offer different things. We don't need to pin them against each other.
And that's fair comment Okresh. When they have played both have offered a great deal in differing ways and very likely because they are totally different types of player.

If it wasn't for the fight and determination shown by Saiss in the game at Bristol City Wolves would have very likely not been awarded the free kick that Bennett scored the winning goal from. We will never know whether N’Diaye would have been in that position and/or done the same but for me I'd like to think both offer the team a great deal.

S

Shifnal Wolf

My preference would be Saiss as I believe he passes the ball better.

However both are more than adequate so I don’t see the harm of their position being rotated.

We need to rest Neves at some (or when he’s suspended) point so maybe they both will get a chance together very soon.

S

ShropshireLad

I like both players and reckon it'll a horses for courses choice that Nuno has to make when both are fit.

I do recall that there was a lack of enthusiasm in some quarters about us signing him. Tbh, I didn't have an opinion at the time but I do now. I wonder how much he will cost us to sign in the summer?

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How dare fans have differing opinions on players.
When their opinions equate to suggesting Nuno's been picking the inferior player all this time, I'll back Nuno's judgement. Also pointing out that Saiss has been absolutely integral to the team and the team's position & all of a sudden he's injured and he can't do this, he can't do that, he's too slow etc. If I'd wanted to suggest fans couldn't have opinions on players, I'd have said that. I'd select Saiss ahead of Alf 9 times out of 10, but I would not drop Alf from the team that is winning when he's played well. But it does amuse me how many people Saiss has made to look silly this season. Cavaleiro too.

CITIZEN ERASED

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Howsabout we ask the kitman to get hold of a ridiculously long shirt...we can play them at same time, in disguise as one single player.

When we are looking to build from the back we'd need Saiss as the bottom half with N'Diaye on his shoulders (may need a little peephole in the Money Shop logo) to make most of Saiss's vision.

When we are looking to break into the box or in the event we need somebody to be big in the tackle, a little bit of wrigglling about within the shirt and hey presto Alf is in control.

Not sure why our coaching team haven't sussed this already. Nuno out!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's N'Diaye's to lose at the minute. Saiss will be back soon enough when Neves picks up his yellow card... then he'll be out again when he gets his yellow card!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are very fortunate in having two good players for this position.
While Alf has done well while Saiss has been injured, I still think Saiss is the more experienced of the two and over the season has been a really important player for us. Always good for the manager to have a selection problem because two players are playing so well.
On balance it is still Saiss for me [just].

D

Deleted member 3573J

People only say Saiss is too one footed because he's left footed, it's the standard cliche for a left footer. The vast majority of footballers only use one foot, so I don't know why this is only highlighted when they use their left. David Jones got the same and Milijas but nobody ever said Karl Henry was too one footed despite him rarely using his weaker one.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Still Saiss for me. Been superb this season and think he offers more positional discipline and extra quality on the ball. Let's not forget that he was a key member of the side that built up such a commanding lead and up until his injury, had made more passes than any other player in The Championship.

Having said that, Alfred has been excellent since coming in and fully deserves the shirt at the moment. Only fair that Saiss has to wait his turn.
pretty much how i see it. some people still have a thing about him from last season i think

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Toss of a hat or coin.. or anything else you may want to toss..

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to have strength in depth in such a key position. And if Neves picks up another booking and it our for a few games it'll be interesting to see how they get on together. Providing Nuno doesn't replace Neves with MGW that is!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The beauty of having Saiss back will be that if he’s on the bench he can cover midfield and Centre Back meaning we can have even more attacking options on the bench - don’t think i’ve ever seen Wolves field such attacking subs as recently

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Different attributes to the players but both are equally as good. N'Diaye has played in the PL twice previously so naturally has something about.

Physically Romain can't offer what Alfred can and Alfred can't delver the quality with passing that Romain does, so a direct comparison can't really be made as they create differing dynamics with team play.

My view is that Saiss wil remain out with the holiday hamstring issue, possibly making a return to the team in place of Neves for the game v Preston. ;)

Reaction score
Is there scope to play all three on occasion? Saiss and Neves sitting, NDiaye with some licence to charge forward. May be an option if one of the front three is injured/later in a game if we wanna stick Afobe and Bonatini both on etc

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like both but Alf has the shirt to lose.If he has a bad game he will be dropped and Saiss will come back in.And it will be his turn to keep the shirt.Glad I dow have the problem.;)

Back
Top Bottom