Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moutinho

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My ITK said Mouts is doing a city and guilds in painting a decorating. The jobs got to big for Jeff to paint the stands .

Scott was meant to go to B&Q but bought a BBQ so it has been crazy in the background. Then Hobbs went to Brazil and and took Scott but he is still going around the conveyor belt at the airport.

Latest updates Sao Paulo had issues with air traffic control so Scott got a white board out with loads of drawings on to replicate the parking once landed .

Frabrizo the airport manger has had to bring a code cracker in to understand what Scott had put on the board . The translation was something similar to what the **** is this .

Reaction score
Did anyone else see in the Cunha BOTS of his first day vid, that Costa introduces Moutinho as the "Captain of the team, the main man in the dressing room"?

It's a very telling statement on Joao's importance to Wolves.

Coady may have been the leader on the pitch, but the one man that has brought so many of the players together off the pitch from day one he signed had been Moutinho.

Sorry to ask this but I get puzzled by acronyms. What does BOTS mean please

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My ITK said Mouts is doing a city and guilds in painting a decorating. The jobs got to big for Jeff to paint the stands .

Scott was meant to go to B&Q but bought a BBQ so it has been crazy in the background. Then Hobbs went to Brazil and and took Scott but he is still going around the conveyor belt at the airport.

Latest updates Sao Paulo had issues with air traffic control so Scott got a white board out with loads of drawings on to replicate the parking once landed .

Frabrizo the airport manger has had to bring a code cracker in to understand what Scott had put on the board . The translation was something similar to what the **** is this .
That stuff is too strong for you. Stick to booze or a bit of weed!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brilliant when he came on. I think Julen knows that to get the best out of him he’s going to have to play him in limited spurts. The way he pressed his *******s off for 30 minutes put others to shame and epitomised what Julen expects his players to do.

Yet again it was a case of subs changing the game, we were 2-0 up but well and truly on the ropes at the beginning of the second half, bringing fresh legs on with Raul and Moutinho for Cunha and Sarabia who were puffing after a big effort in the first half (having not played many full games this season) gave us the impetus to regain control of the game.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Among all the other positives from today I'm glad this has got a mention. Clearly had no role in the starting system, but when he came on, the way he lead the press when we were getting far too deep was brilliant.

Of course having a coach who can see how to change tbe game is a massive help!

T

TheConcourse

Among all the other positives from today I'm glad this has got a mention. Clearly had no role in the starting system, but when he came on, the way he lead the press when we were getting far too deep was brilliant.

Of course having a coach who can see how to change tbe game is a massive help!
My change was to go to a back 5. Felt like Semedo was getting overloaded and we needed more protection.

Shows what I know.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
My change was to go to a back 5. Felt like Semedo was getting overloaded and we needed more protection.

Shows what I know.
Yes, me too, the fact that Lopetegui could see that getting up the pitch was better than sticking Collins on, and completely giving up the midfield, probably starts to explain why he's in the dugout and I'm stood on the South Bank!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Moutinho flourishing in his new role as a super sub. I started this thread and got pelters off some, but I don't regret it. Starting games is now too much of an ask for him, but he hasn't lost any of his skill and craft, we just need it to be used differently. He can thrive in 30 minute cameos and I am glad JL seems to agree.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only remembered it after watching the Sky extended highlights, but just before his brilliant work to set up the third, Liverpool had a corner that TAA took early and fired in to the near post, Moutinho was the player switched on to it, dealing with the danger while the rest of them were still setting up

He can't do what he did when he first came, but he still has plenty to offer. Wonderful footballer

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Moutinho flourishing in his new role as a super sub. I started this thread and got pelters off some, but I don't regret it. Starting games is now too much of an ask for him, but he hasn't lost any of his skill and craft, we just need it used to be used differently. He can thrive in 30 minute cameos and I am glad JL seems to agree.
Yeah this is exactly how it should have been for him the last 18 months or so

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
For value and quality he is one of the most important and best players we have signed in the last 40 years, I can only think of Bully as another name.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only remembered it after watching the Sky extended highlights, but just before his brilliant work to set up the third, Liverpool had a corner that TAA took early and fired in to the near post, Moutinho was the player switched on to it, dealing with the danger while the rest of them were still setting up

He can't do what he did when he first came, but he still has plenty to offer. Wonderful footballer
Yeah noticed that at the time as well.. Was a dangerous cross alright.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson , Neves and Moutinho on the pitch at the same time . Breathe , breathe, relax , we are in good hands . The responsible adults take over .

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much better further forwards and with much less playing time. Constant starts and near full or full games was ridiculous. He's loads better when calming a game down as a sub and the odd 60 minutes (further forwards) if we're short.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can still be an effective starting player for us as well as offering a lot from the bench as long as we manage him correctly.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here you go (source: João Moutinho - Stats by club)

View attachment 33032
Interesting that only one red card in 800 appearances, and that one was harsh. Tells you what kind of person he is.
That is some record to rack up more that 200 games for 3 clubs plus 140 games for Porto and 800 games overall. Put it in context that is 40 games a season for 20 seasons. Not to mention his international record.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Calm down, just passing on what I’ve been told by a genuine ITK

Back
Top Bottom