Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves becoming media darling!!! Poor performance painted as "excellent" in parts, and "digging in", which was
rather a reframing of a sub-par second half.

Ihave to say it worries me...pride comes before a fall and all that.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves becoming media darling!!! Poor performance painted as "excellent" in parts, and "digging in", which was

Agree, but we're not being prideful, it's how we're being painted

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Gon is not prideful he’s very humble in his interviews
We have no control over how the media paint us so whose pride and whose fall?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And now we wait for Garth Crooks to complete the BBC's anti Wolves agenda for this week

You’ll have to wait until the All London game has been played tonight.
Crooks will try to wedge a few of those players in.

That’s if nurse hasn’t sent him to bed early

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm finding it quite funny that we're now getting the Lampard/Gerrard treatment.

I now introduce myself as a Gary O'Neil's Wolves fan.
To be fair to GON he has shown much much more as a coach than those two, good players as they were, combined have.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought they targeted his lack of pace and it worked to be honest = I expect we will see less of him next season.
Yes, I don't know if they exactly targeted him, but when we're trying to press and potentially leaving Dawson as last man, his lack of pace is an issue. A better team would certainly have punished us for it.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to GON he has shown much much more as a coach than those two, good players as they were, combined have.

Yes, thankfully!

It's still funny we're now regularly being called Gary O'Neil's Wolves, when just a few months ago he was the epitome of a "who?" manager.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I don't know if they exactly targeted him, but when we're trying to press and potentially leaving Dawson as last man, his lack of pace is an issue. A better team would certainly have punished us for it.

I agree. Play like that against Brighton and we will be in trouble. The way we set up / played may be an indication of how GON is trying to find a solution to teams sitting back against us.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We,GON,have been a bit of a media darling for a few weeks now
Obviously overperforming from a very low ebb at the seasons start,and GON is doing a great job,so cant argue with what they say tbf
Ott with some comments last night,we didnt dig in second half just played it awful,and we werent brilliant in the first half just better
Nice to have good comments but a bit of realism doesnt hurt

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Play like that against Brighton and we will be in trouble. The way we set up / played may be an indication of how GON is trying to find a solution to teams sitting back against us.

Whatever the strategy, we will need to move the ball better than we did in the second half. I get that we were being passive to invite them in, but when we then had space to break, more often than not, the passing or control was poor and moves broke down. Much better first half, and obviously last week. It was like Gary had told the team to “play dead” in his HT team talk, but they struggled to wake up and get back in the zone when Sheffield ventured forward.

But irrespective, I expect us to play a different game against Brighton.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the good news is that they showed out best chances. The bad news, was not a single word was said about our performance afterwards.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the good news is that they showed out best chances. The bad news, was not a single word was said about our performance afterwards.
They decided to prioritise Newcastle's first home win of 2024. Given our game was one of the also rans, and so got just a couple of minutes, i get that.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think your right it’s on the highlights on YouTube but not on motd

I watched the Sky minutes extended highlights as well as MoTD. Sky showed both challenges that Palhinha got booked for ( the second was not a challenge it was an assault ! David Philips was astonished Palhinha ) they were edited out of the Match of the Day package.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Fair to say the Bournemouth fans are unhappy with the media love in.
View attachment 41070
They’re very thin skinned aren’t they?

I watched MOTD (well fell asleep but watched the Sunday repeat), and the commentator said it would be a famous Bournemouth win because they were 2-0 down with not much time left and nearly came back to win. And Gary Lineker didn’t do anything different with GO’N than the manager he interviews every week. Ask about the game, ask about a particular player, ask about the season.

They’re an odd bunch the Bournemouth fans.

Back
Top Bottom