Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re. Morgan, I have written the guy off - he doesn't even register in my thoughts in connection with Wolves anymore. I appreciate that this isn't very logical as his decisions about the sale of the club will have huge implications for the future of our beloved Wolves.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
There should be pressure to bear on Steve Morgan to show up at Molineux and explain himself.

He is still Wolves owner, and has his responsibilities.. to the club and fans.

It is not acceptable that he has disappeared without trace.

Steve, where the heck are you? Show some respect, give a press conference before the season starts..

Message to Jez Moxey: You should be calling the shots, not me!

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

That is what is so wrong he is the owner and yet there has been complete silence from him at least man up and make some kind of announcement

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
There should be pressure to bear on Steve Morgan to show up at Molineux and explain himself.

Steve, where the heck are you? Show some respect, give a press conference before the season starts..

It's utterly disgusting and upsetting what those 2 idiots in charge of the club are doing currently. Before all the 'lovers' get offended and start spouting about us bidding millions for players currently- actually, are we? Reported bids for players, and CEOs saying only top 6 will do is all just utter guff. We all know the club is at a complete standstill until a new owner comes in, and all the current owner wants is to be seen to be keeping the club 'competitive.'

It ain't nice what's happening. Not at all.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Great shout mate

I have displayed a number of flags with the effect to remove Moxey

Done it home and away

Will be honest the support has been poor,,,$$$$ poor

The only support hast been from mates

I don't give a $$$$

In my world

Moxey is poison, he needs to go

If I am the only one that thinks this then so be it

$$$$ off Moxey you fat $$$$

I have been here nearly fifty years and I was here before you and will be here after you

:p

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great shout mate

Done it home and away

I don't give a $$$$

In my world

I have been here nearly fifty years and I was here before you and will be here after you

Need a Moxley out flag at Glasto...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great shout mate

Done it home and away

I don't give a $$$$

In my world

We want a wolverendum
what do we want .... Jexit .......... when do we want it.........

E

Essex Wolf

To be honest I wont have anyone on my ignore list. Very easy to spot the WUM's and only right to call them out! Luckily not too may WUM's on here and some very good posters!

Likewise and only people who aren't prepared to accept others have a differing view and can't back up their comments do such childish things.

Ignore options are used by people who don't like having their opinion challenged, or whose opinion is $$$$$$$$ :)

And bang, blows WIW clean out the water.

Don't forget that when challenged he hides away a while.

You really shouldn't post on a public forum for debate if you cant handle somebody not having the same view as you.

Coward is about the right word. Its not like you are getting threatening personal attacks, they would be fair enough to place on the ignore list.

Seems evident WIW is being sussed out well and truly.

And back on the subject of Morgan was speaking with a mate from Lower Gornal who told me that apparently Wolves were Morgan's second side as a youngster? No idea if true but know my mate wouldn't say it unless he'd heard it himself. Anyone else know if there's any truth in this? If so seems even more strange he would act as he does.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Hehe. Sounds like you love that particular poster Essex... On the Morgan thing, he has said in several interviews that Wolves was his 'second' team in his younger years, as he remembers when Wolves were the best team in World, the floodlit games, etc. Very easy to say, especially when you are buying them intending to make a profit out of them.

E

Essex Wolf

Hehe. Sounds like you love that particular poster Essex... On the Morgan thing, he has said in several interviews that Wolves was his 'second' team in his younger years, as he remembers when Wolves were the best team in World, the floodlit games, etc. Very easy to say, especially when you are buying them intending to make a profit out of them.

Cheers Pro, amazing the things you learn. Seems very odd that if Wolves were his so called 2nd team that he should be as he but I've never had a 2nd team as such so don't really understand it. Yes I keep a look out for how Colchester do and Shrewsbury but nothing more.

As for that particular poster, can't stand people who fail to back up their comments and criticise the views of others without having the slightest argument to back up their own view. Had a few run ins but unlike a coward I ignore no one on here and I find the concept very childlike.

Can't say more or else the over zealous start dishing out naughty boy warnings.:D

B

Benson

I fully respect Morgans decision to put family first when his family situation changed and he had to put the club up for sale. He had to choose between Redrow, family and Wolves. One had to go. I think its very low to blame him for that decision. Really sad for Wolves as he was a very good owner overall. He and Moxey has taken the club to a different (higher) level. Not in the league table at the moment but as a club/business. Academy, Organisation, Community connections etc. Much better now compared to 10 years ago.

The 3 seasons in PL, the top of the PL for first time in 50 years, wins vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Man C and Man U in a period of 4 months. Cant take away that from Morgan and Moxey, although they of course have done mistakes since.

But time to move on with a new owner and a new CEO.

(and no - I am not Moxey, a WUM, childish or sent by the club. The above is my personal opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard it again other day that Laslett wants to buy wolves as part of a consortium but deal being held up by Morgan's demands, no idea what they are tho

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fully respect Morgans decision to put family first when his family situation changed and he had to put the club up for sale. He had to choose between Redrow, family and Wolves. One had to go. I think its very low to blame him for that decision. Really sad for Wolves as he was a very good owner overall. He and Moxey has taken the club to a different (higher) level. Not in the league table at the moment but as a club/business. Academy, Organisation, Community connections etc. Much better now compared to 10 years ago.

The 3 seasons in PL, the top of the PL for first time in 50 years, wins vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Man C and Man U in a period of 4 months. Cant take away that from Morgan and Moxey, although they of course have done mistakes since.

(and no - I am not Moxey, a WUM, childish or sent by the club. The above is my personal opinion)

My thoughts exactly, mistakes have been made but personally I have never hated anyone for making mistakes and certainly wouldn't sing songs about burning someone on a bonfire for only investing £30m in the club I love.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Heard it again other day that Laslett wants to buy wolves as part of a consortium but deal being held up by Morgan's demands, no idea what they are tho

Just have to hope Laslett doesn't give up- there is only a certain period of time anyone will try before they could give up. If Morgan draws his line in the sand, then we all know he is a very obstinate man. Being fair, that is why he is a very wealthy man as well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wish Morgan would just $$$$ off! :mad:

E

Edgmond Wolf

I would like this to happen, we need someone like Laslett

D

Deleted member 4152

Cheers Pro, amazing the things you learn. Seems very odd that if Wolves were his so called 2nd team that he should be as he but I've never had a 2nd team as such so don't really understand it. Yes I keep a look out for how Colchester do and Shrewsbury but nothing more.

As for that particular poster, can't stand people who fail to back up their comments and criticise the views of others without having the slightest argument to back up their own view. Had a few run ins but unlike a coward I ignore no one on here and I find the concept very childlike.

Can't say more or else the over zealous start dishing out naughty boy warnings.:D

He is a strange one for sure

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Option 1 - the buyer must guarantee to invest in the club financially, respect the fans and keep ticket prices affordable.

Option 2 - he wants every penny back of his £30m regardless of what the club is actually worth.

Which are we thinking is more likely?

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not exactly compelling evidence there though is it to be honest?

B

Benson

Option 1 - the buyer must guarantee to invest in the club financially, respect the fans and keep ticket prices affordable.

Option 2 - he wants every penny back of his £30m regardless of what the club is actually worth.

Which are we thinking is more likely?

Non of the options. Probably an option 3:

We have had this discussion in another thread ("Take over update"). Morgan has more likely invested at least £40-50m. Thats not just in the club directly. It includes ground and buildings around Molineux bought by his own companies. As several times stated officially his demands is that he wants to sell everything in one package deal. That complicates things as the new owner have to buy land and buildings as well and has to buy it from different companies.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where is it he has stated he had to put the club up for sale for 'family reasons?' He isn't on record as saying anything.He has disappeared and left the club without sensible and sound investment on the field which, if that continues, will guarantee another spell in Div 3.

Who else is to blame for that?

Top of the PL? After three games? That is the sort of opinion that makes the club a laughing stock.

Those wins you mention were down to the manager and playing staff at that time. What the 'board that knew what it was doing' should have been doing was planning their way to those strategic targets the CEO pontificated about.

March 15th 2011

'We are kidding ourselves if we think we can usurp Manchester United but we think we can get to just below that level - in the top three four or five clubs where we can be competing in Europe' Jez Moxey.

He also stated Morgan was not here to 'play around' and they all had to 'think bigger', ( A bit like Leicester City have done winning their first league title for the first time in their history).

Now if Jezza had come good on this he might have even just about been worth all those millions he has banked, and Morgan might be forgiven for leaving the club after ten years, even though he told SJH he was here for the long term.

The club now finds itself dangerously close to being left behind as that failure to face up to their stated targets means the money now being 'earned' in the top flight makes it ever more difficult to compete leaving WWFC as a second tier outfit, a really second tier outfit who will have to sell to balance the books.

If that is in better nick than ten years ago, when SJH had gifted them all a football club which was able to compete for the PL, and did, then I must be missing something.

Mistakes happen. These pair can be seen to have incompetently and arrogantly taken the club back donkey's years and that is more than the 'odd mistake' by anyone's definition.

Meanwhile did you miss the 13,000 signed petition about getting in legalised loan shark to sponsor the club, thus leaving further nasty tastes in the mouth for all of us who used to think WWFC had a bit of class and dignity in footballing circles, even if not in the top flight of English football any more.

I agree with your last sentence.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When he purchased Wolves he already had Redrow and a family it was his choice to add Wolves to his responsibilities.
He then made a choice to dump Wolves and leave us in wilderness for that he should hang his head in shame
Would I support if he made a choice to stay on at Wolves and commit to make a real go of it, Yes

B

Benson

Where is it he has stated he had to put the club up for sale for 'family reasons?' He isn't on record as saying anything.He has disappeared and left the club without sensible and sound investment on the field which, if that continues, will guarantee another spell in Div 3.

Who else is to blame for that?

Top of the PL? After three games? That is the sort of opinion that makes the club a laughing stock.

Those wins you mention were down to the manager and playing staff at that time. What the 'board that knew what it was doing' should have been doing was planning their way to those strategic targets the CEO pontificated about.

March 15th 2011

'We are kidding ourselves if we think we can usurp Manchester United but we think we can get to just below that level - in the top three four or five clubs where we can be competing in Europe' Jez Moxey.

He also stated Morgan was not here to 'play around' and they all had to 'think bigger', ( A bit like Leicester City have done winning their first league title for the first time in their history).

Now if Jezza had come good on this he might have even just about been worth all those millions he has banked, and Morgan might be forgiven for leaving the club after ten years, even though he told SJH he was here for the long term.

The club now finds itself dangerously close to being left behind as that failure to face up to their stated targets means the money now being 'earned' in the top flight makes it ever more difficult to compete leaving WWFC as a second tier outfit, a really second tier outfit who will have to sell to balance the books.

If that is in better nick than ten years ago, when SJH had gifted them all a football club which was able to compete for the PL, and did, then I must be missing something.

Mistakes happen. These pair can be seen to have incompetently and arrogantly taken the club back donkey's years and that is more than the 'odd mistake' by anyone's definition.

Meanwhile did you miss the 13,000 signed petition about getting in legalised loan shark to sponsor the club, thus leaving further nasty tastes in the mouth for all of us who used to think WWFC had a bit of class and dignity in footballing circles, even if not in the top flight of English football any more.

I agree with your last sentence.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-sale-jez-moxey-explains-10176875

"“Following his divorce two years ago he now has a new partner, he has reassessed his time commitments" -

And in another article: “Steve will not be making any public comments in relation to this announcement.”

I read that as "need to take more responsibilty as a father" and that it can be some details behind it he doesnt want to discuss in public. (he has five children. If I am not wrong he had three when he bought Wolves). Cant blame him for not going into details about kids.

That "top of the PL comment". Ok. Its worth nothing, but it was a nice memory.

The MoneyShop petition: I think it became partly a fake. That 13000 signatures are obviously not from Wolves supporters. Had been better to stop at 3000-5000 Wolves supporters and not go to other supporters to get more signatures. The 13000 doubtful signatures made the petition worth less. Personally I have no clear opinion of the deal but I know "trusted banks" can be worse than MoneyShop. 10% APR can be more expensive with a bank loan than 729% APR are at MoneyShop. People who dont understand that should avoid to discuss it and try to learn more about how this things work. But I dont take any side in this but can admit I had preferred another sponsor. Wont buy the shirt this season anyway.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I completely disagree with that and I would be seen as one of the more pro-Morgan posters, as generally I have felt under his tenure he has at least always had nothing but good intentions, even if mistakes have been made.

There is nothing wrong with him wanting to leave. I respect the fact he feels the club needs a better owner and credit for him recognising that when many owners stubbornly would not, see Ashley at Newcastle. Especially as a good percentage of fans wanted a change anyway.

Having said that, barely a month before he decided to sell, he had an exclusive interview in which he could not speak more highly of the club and the future. In that time and mid-Sept something drastic happened, obviously. Fact is though, down to him completely doing one and leaving Jez to do the talking/explaining (which is a huge mistake in itself) will leave a massive blank. Meaning, we have absolutely no idea for the real reason. It says something when even Moxey struggled to put together a reasonable explanation.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-sale-jez-moxey-explains-10176875

"“Following his divorce two years ago he now has a new partner, he has reassessed his time commitments" -

And in another article: “Steve will not be making any public comments in relation to this announcement.â€

I read that as "need to take more responsibilty as a father" and that it can be some details behind it he doesnt want to discuss in public. (he has five children. If I am not wrong he had three when he bought Wolves). Cant blame him for not going into details about kids.

That "top of the PL comment". Ok. Its worth nothing, but it was a nice memory.

The MoneyShop petition: I think it became partly a fake. That 13000 signatures are obviously not from Wolves supporters. Had been better to stop at 3000-5000 Wolves supporters and not go to other supporters to get more signatures. The 13000 doubtful signatures made the petition worth less. Personally I have no clear opinion of the deal but I know "trusted banks" can be worse than MoneyShop. 10% APR can be more expensive with a bank loan than 729% APR are at MoneyShop. People who dont understand that should avoid to discuss it and try to learn more about how this things work. But I dont take any side in this but can admit I had preferred another sponsor. Wont buy the shirt this season anyway.

Err that is not a statement by Steve Morgan.

B

Benson

Err that is not a statement by Steve Morgan.

Ok, not from his mouth, but an explanation delivered by Moxey which could be seen as some kind of statement.

I read the explanations together with his changed family situation as something has happened with one of his kids, or that something happened in his relation with his kids. He just doesnt want to talk about it. I know he is stubborn but to just disappear that quickly? I am sure its a family/kids thing. Could be anything from a teenage kid with huge problems to his smallest kid one day didnt know who he was and he suddenly understood he wanted to see his children grow up. Speculations, but as good as guessing he is just a mad man.

B

Benson

I completely disagree with that and I would be seen as one of the more pro-Morgan posters, as generally I have felt under his tenure he has at least always had nothing but good intentions, even if mistakes have been made.

There is nothing wrong with him wanting to leave. I respect the fact he feels the club needs a better owner and credit for him recognising that when many owners stubbornly would not, see Ashley at Newcastle. Especially as a good percentage of fans wanted a change anyway.

Having said that, barely a month before he decided to sell, he had an exclusive interview in which he could not speak more highly of the club and the future. In that time and mid-Sept something drastic happened, obviously. Fact is though, down to him completely doing one and leaving Jez to do the talking/explaining (which is a huge mistake in itself) will leave a massive blank. Meaning, we have absolutely no idea for the real reason. It says something when even Moxey struggled to put together a reasonable explanation.

Thats why I am sure about there are family details they just dont want to discuss in public. They know why he left, but cant/wont tell it in details.

And does it matter? Why do we all need the gossip and details?
He has put the club up for sale. I dont care about why - I just want a new and good owner as quick as possible.

E

Edgmond Wolf

The only thing that matters is Wolves is sold so that we can move on

B

Benson

The only thing that matters is Wolves is sold so that we can move on

Yup. We can agree with that.

Not realistic to hope for promotion without an active owner. Hopefully brexit didnt make things worse and that we soon have a done deal. Laslett with a consortium sounds good to me. Better than an asian with no money after the asian stock markets crash.. (will happen soon.. the european markets down now is nothing compared to what will happen in China later this year..)

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, not from his mouth, but an explanation delivered by Moxey which could be seen as some kind of statement.

I read the explanations together with his changed family situation as something has happened with one of his kids, or that something happened in his relation with his kids. He just doesnt want to talk about it. I know he is stubborn but to just disappear that quickly? I am sure its a family/kids thing. Could be anything from a teenage kid with huge problems to his smallest kid one day didnt know who he was and he suddenly understood he wanted to see his children grow up. Speculations, but as good as guessing he is just a mad man.

Cop out statement leaving someone else to do the dirty work. Means absolutely jack.

He doesn't have to be around to ensure the club is financed for is future health.

Sold it, SJH, its many fans and probably that Jez fella( who many think is 'just' carrying out orders on half a million a year) right down that swanee.

Back
Top Bottom