Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

geowolf

Reaction score
Hell be in squad next year no doubt
Absolutely this. Imo he's pivotal to the way Lage will take us forward next season with an attacking MF role. Until we get that link we'll always struggle against the high press and MGW has the ability to excel. There must be some residual resentment about the way he's been attacked by Wolves 'fans' on social media but he knows most of us adore him.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Or I think we could do more with the money?
Could be a few moving parts involved here.

If Lage sees a future for him here when he returns then great. It could be that we then do not take up the option on Trincao and ideally Barca give us the money for Traore to go out and buy a first 11 midfielder.

On the other hand if another 15-20mil is key for Bruno to go out and get the player/s he wants he will be out the door.

I’ll be honest I have not seen him play at all this season but personally I would like to see him under Bruno’s tutelage after he has finally had a consistent run of games in senior football. This loan will have done him a world of good and maybe he’s now got the confidence to go on to become an accurate representation of all the hype and praise he initially received.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Must admit, haven’t followed Sheff Utd’s game by game progress but gleaned from their forum that MGW is highly regarded.

For those mixers more ITK, what position has he taken up in their set-up?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Who says he 'doesn't like us'? If he played consistently well he wouldn't be out on loan. He's had plenty of chances but rarely produced the goods. I'm not sure he's a Prem player tbh and perhaps the Champs is his limit? When you look at players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Greenwood (no comments needed), players around his age, who have made an instant impact in the Prem, you have to question if he really has it?
He's almost never had a consistent run in the side. He probably isn't as good as they players you've referenced but most players in the league aren't.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit, haven’t followed Sheff Utd’s game by game progress but gleaned from their forum that MGW is highly regarded.

For those mixers more ITK, what position has he taken up in their set-up?
Think he’s played a variety of positions. Right of a front 3 in a 343.
The 10 in a 3412.
And last game think he was 10 in a 4231.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says he 'doesn't like us'? If he played consistently well he wouldn't be out on loan. He's had plenty of chances but rarely produced the goods. I'm not sure he's a Prem player tbh and perhaps the Champs is his limit? When you look at players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Greenwood (no comments needed), players around his age, who have made an instant impact in the Prem, you have to question if he really has it?

Not at all. He was playing at a very young age and and he showed he's a good player. He was never given a run of games or was played in his best position (or did we even know it?). Now he's got that, and consider he was good preseason too, he certainly will get a go somewhere next year.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be a few moving parts involved here.

If Lage sees a future for him here when he returns then great. It could be that we then do not take up the option on Trincao and ideally Barca give us the money for Traore to go out and buy a first 11 midfielder.

On the other hand if another 15-20mil is key for Bruno to go out and get the player/s he wants he will be out the door.

I’ll be honest I have not seen him play at all this season but personally I would like to see him under Bruno’s tutelage after he has finally had a consistent run of games in senior football. This loan will have done him a world of good and maybe he’s now got the confidence to go on to become an accurate representation of all the hype and praise he initially received.
The question is, if Bruno rates him so highly why has he chosen to let him go on loan? MGW is a much more experienced player, but he has chosen to keep the inexperienced Cundle? Two managers now have not really given him an opportunity. I remember Neves, in an interview, describing MGW as “a very talented boy”. Makes you wonder what the blocker is to his development at Wolves.

Something tells me that MGW is in the shop window.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all. He was playing at a very young age and and he showed he's a good player. He was never given a run of games or was played in his best position (or did we even know it?). Now he's got that, and consider he was good preseason too, he certainly will get a go somewhere next year.
Yes, possibly Sheffield Utd, esp if they get promoted. Personally I think he's had his chance at Wolves and his future lies elsewhere.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question is, if Bruno rates him so highly why has he chosen to let him go on loan? MGW is a much more experienced player, but he has chosen to keep the inexperienced Cundle? Two managers now have not really given him an opportunity. I remember Neves, in an interview, describing MGW as “a very talented boy”. Makes you wonder what the blocker is to his development at Wolves.

The suggestion was that Bruno wanted to keep him in the squad as an inside forward but MGW wanted to go on loan to get guaranteed game time as we had a fair few options in those positions and he didn’t want to end up stuck on the bench.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
The question is, if Bruno rates him so highly why has he chosen to let him go on loan? MGW is a much more experienced player, but he has chosen to keep the inexperienced Cundle?
Does Bruno rate him so highly? They have had a single preseason together. I suspect Bruno gave it the okay because he believed it would be more valuable to have him hopefully playing a major role week in week out somewhere else rather than warming the bench here... good news is he is playing well it would appear. So I think Bruno would be clever enough to figure he’s worth a second look...

and the other good news is.... He is playing well it would appear. So if Bruno wasn’t clever enough to figure he’s worth a second look, or does indeed take a second look and concludes MGW is in actual fact not his cup of tea. Then the loan spell also would have significantly increased MGW market value.

That’s why he’s been allowed to go out on loan. A great example of the loan system working. All the same it could have just as easily gone the opposite direction like so many loans do. Pleased it’s worked out so far for all involved. Wolves,MGW and United .

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it only this, or last, season, that he has played 5 games in a row, in a 1st team.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some decent stuff from him in these clips

I cant believe people are talking about getting shot of this kid. This is another Kilman situation. He is on his way to being a top top player. The fact that he made so many appearances as an under developed teenager has really prejudiced peoples views of him. He is now much much stronger, quicker and he has grown in confidence. Look at his dynamism and his movement off the ball, as soon as he has played it he is pulling away into space, each and every time. We desperately need what he has and we dont want to stick him out wide like we did when he wasnt strong enough to hold his own in the middle. Bring him back and put him in the midfield where we need his movement, his ability to find space, to pick a pass and create things. Honestly, if he wasnt ours already we'd be desperate to sign him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can also remember Coady describing him as a bit of a diva.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
From the clips of his play vs swansea he is looking very mobile, sharp with his passing, and can finish to score goals. Exactly what we need from midfield right now. His confidence and presence seems to have grown markedly. Definately bring him back and give him a chance next year.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the clips of his play vs swansea he is looking very mobile, sharp with his passing, and can finish to score goals. Exactly what we need from midfield right now. His confidence and presence seems to have grown markedly. Definately bring him back and give him a chance next year.
He seems to have a good onfield relationship with Billy Sharp-just the sort of experienced pro to help hone his finishing abilities.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be disappointed and surprised if we sell him. I'm surprised that so many can't see he has everything to be a future England player and a real star for us.
All depends on the team shape next season but he's a different sort of player to Cundle.
Oh and don't forget we do need some English players in our squad.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The suggestion was that Bruno wanted to keep him in the squad as an inside forward but MGW wanted to go on loan to get guaranteed game time as we had a fair few options in those positions and he didn’t want to end up stuck on the bench.
That’s how I remember it, I think it was a mature decision as well because he is at the stage of his development where he needs regular game time; it is going really well for him I only hope that he does not get too settled at Sheffield and us prepared to fight for his place with us next term.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s got a goal or assist every 134 minutes this season, to put that in to perspective that’s better than Jota had in our promotion season (G/A every 165 mins).

I think he’ll be playing in the premier league next season whether that’s with us or someone else.
Exactly. The lad is tearing the Championship up and plays in a position where we're desperate for something different

If we signed him in the summer it would be viewed as a great signing, yet some are happy to get rid

The mind boggles

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why do we have the comparison with Cundle? MGW would not be competing in that position.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we have the comparison with Cundle? MGW would not be competing in that position.
Well that makes it even stranger. He was let go when we had no Neto and he has chosen to play Dendonker in an attacking midfielder role against Norwich which he frankly couldn't do. This tells us that Bruno would like an option of a player that can do this. To be fair MGW was injured at the time I think.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look, I wasn't a fan of his, not his fault, just my own particular peeves.

But from what I've seen this season, he's toughened up and reduced his predilection towards ballet.

The talent is there. The experience is there. The will to succeed is there. Maturity is fast getting there too. And his spine has developed.

What's not to like?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has years to reach his peak he is demanding the ball and making things happen. He is maturing nicely at the blades. Will he be suitable for us or maybe too good who knows?

But he will, bar injuries have a great career. If a policy is invest in youth you have to accept you do not get the finished article but do get potential high returns. The alternative is expensive declining players.

You need some experience; Moutinho, Ince, Irwin but the majority purchases define the strategy.

What does my head in the the criticism of Fosun via the younger players Or for young people being condemned for a few foolish mistakes.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Some decent stuff from him in these clips

First a question, why didn't the commentator shout his name three times when he scored, thought that was compulsory?

Can't believe people are writing him off as a Wolves player. The lad has gone on loan as he sees constantly playing as his best way to develop. He comes back to Wolves and. whilst guaranteed a squad position, the onus is on him to capitalise on this development and force his way into the team, just like every other Wolves player.

To suggest you can't see him starting so that's a reason to cash in is the reason why we are football supporters and not football managers

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no clue, but if I had to call it, I'd say that MGW is going to be short of top class. Those highlights from Swansea don't change that.

But opinions are ten a penny. We either sell him for 10-12 mil and book our profit, or we bring him back. I don't think we'll be too embarassed either way.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just a bit of reality .. the Championship is awful this year only 1 decent team in Fulham .. MGW is doing well but the championship is dire .. we need to wait until pre season and see how he does .. the same goes for Sanderson .. my bet is Sanderson will leave as we have Mosquera and Gomes who are both better than Sanderson .. MGW is a difficult one .. if Palhinha arrives (and yes with him moving to Mendes stable I believe he will) Bruno may go to his holding midfielders with Neves and use 2 strikers 2 inverted wingers and fullbacks pushing foward .. Mouts may well leave .. MGW will have to convince Bruno he can be first choice for one of roles .. my bet if we get offer around £20m he will be sold

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a great game against Brighton at the back end of last season,. Has already proved to me that he can make a difference at premier level, so no surprise that he is outstanding at championship.

Much more threatening and dynamic than trincao.

justfriggin

Reaction score
Wel I'm lookin for players who can mix it in the top six next season. As of now I dont see any of these loaned out players ever achieving the top eschelons. White Sanderson Ronan Corbanu. Cundy Trincao Toti look promising but still far to early to make definitive judgments. Pahlinha Renato Sanchez may sneak us to top six' but I need more. "I Want the World and I Want it Now."

Back
Top Bottom