Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux View podcast

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably not enough listeners. Seen they will be continuing Big 6, Newcastle, Leeds and Villa podcasts. Maybe wolves just arent big enough for the Athletic. Jacqui oatley got a new gig reading the article so maybe because of that.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a real shame, especially as The Athletic are making podcasts for some of the bigger clubs twice weekly. They've also switched Football Cliches to twice weekly, which I think will ruin it. Once a week was great for that as a wry break from the incessant fast-paced nature of football coverage.

Significantly less likely to keep my subscription if this is how things are going.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not enough listeners. Seen they will be continuing Big 6, Newcastle, Leeds and Villa podcasts. Maybe wolves just arent big enough for the Athletic. Jacqui oatley got a new gig reading the article so maybe because of that.

Supposedly (according to a later tweet) it was in the top 10 football podcasts so not sure how many listeners were required if that was the case.

I know Tim has his dissenters in here but I enjoyed listening to it, especially the guests they had on.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed listening to it too. As you don't need an Athletic subscription to listen to the podcasts, I wondered if actually, they found people weren't subscribing because they could get a lot of the information for free through the pod (obviously not in as much detail, but many of the key points were usually covered).

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Gutted with this, find the E + S has a bit too much banter these days. Like they are trying to force the chemistry that Spiers and Judah had together.

Always looked forward to listening to Tim and Jacqui's analysis of the games.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Slightly off topic @bod101 but is there any chance we could start a Molineux Mix podcast. I know we started the video chat after games last season, but maybe a podcast around Tuesday / Wednesday each week where the last game is reviewed and the next game previewed. We could have some consistent hosts and bring in a few different mixers each week with their views? Maybe too much of a pain to produce and run?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Slightly off topic @bod101 but is there any chance we could start a Molineux Mix podcast. I know we started the video chat after games last season, but maybe a podcast around Tuesday / Wednesday each week where the last game is reviewed and the next game previewed. We could have some consistent hosts and bring in a few different mixers each week with their views? Maybe too much of a pain to produce and run?
That would be funny, podcast has to adhere to the format of one happy clapper on with a negative nelly, one thinks we'll finish in Europe the other thinks relegation and they just shout at each other for an hour on what Fosuns plan is.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking wolves podcast here I come

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gutted with this, find the E + S has a bit too much banter these days. Like they are trying to force the chemistry that Spiers and Judah had together.

Always looked forward to listening to Tim and Jacqui's analysis of the games.

I do semi-regularly listen to the E+S podcast but find I skip the first 10 minutes, which is usually filled with Judah being unnecessarily loud or talking about food.

Much preferred the Molineux View.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My favourite wolves podcast, presented really well. Sad to see it's ending. Heard on the totally football podcast earlier today that Jacqui oatley was to present a new podcast from the athletic though.

D

Deleted member 7041

Please noooooo
It's bad enough reading some posters ****** let alone actually hearing them speak it lol

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see the podcast go, quite enjoyed it.

so I’m now just left with the brilliant “wolf whistle” podcast which interviews former players

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sad to see the podcast go, quite enjoyed it.

so I’m now just left with the brilliant “wolf whistle” podcast which interviews former players

The 77 Club is alright but their releasing of episodes can be a bit haphazard.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
I listen to every Wolves based podcast available (time on my hands due to being retired) Sorry to see this one go as it was the ‘pick of the bunch’.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do semi-regularly listen to the E+S podcast but find I skip the first 10 minutes, which is usually filled with Judah being unnecessarily loud or talking about food.

Much preferred the Molineux View.
The E&S one seems to have improved with Liam Keen. It was almost unlistenable with Joe Edwards.

Shame the Molineux View has gone as whilst they could be irritating on occasion it was generally insightful discussion with some good guests. I’ve cancelled my subscription to the Athletic as a consequence.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a good show. The Mike Stowell interview was my favourite episode. There's that many football podcasts, and podcasts in general, that I can find something to fill the gap.

Also, I don't think you need a subscription to listen to the Athletic podcasts. I think they are freely available.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been thinking about starting a Wolves poddy for a while....

May be a gap in the market for it. Give me a shout if anyone else has the same idea

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, I don't think you need a subscription to listen to the Athletic podcasts. I think they are freely available.
Yeah, that's right - I often listen on Spotify through habit, though they're ad free via The Athletic app (albeit I'm sure the conversation is sometimes determined by sponsors).

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointed this is ending.
Really liked it.
Seems odd it’s finished, surely they could have at least done a few per season, even if it were just one a month or 4 per season.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It might be what the after match thing morphs into.

Currently the plan, people/logistics/technology permitting is to try and do an aftermatch chat/ phone in type thing in the Royal Oak on Compton Road after the home games. But I will probably run out of time to work out how feasible that is. I would like to think it could be quite good and a bit different with the whole pub atmosphere. Plus I am a season ticket holder so will be at games!

If anyone has any knowledge or experience in such a broadcast environment any pointers would be gladly received

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I listen to every Wolves based podcast available (time on my hands due to being retired) Sorry to see this one go as it was the ‘pick of the bunch’.
Have you ever watched our output, I know it's sketchy but interested to hear views

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I imagine it's down to the costs of bringing in Oatley as a freelancer just to host one pod.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Didn't realise there was a consistent MM output. Would you kindly link?
It's just our aftermatch chats, sketchy with zero production value but wolves related I guess :)

You can see them all on this page

We would like to improve on them, they have always been open for anyone to join us but only a few ever did outside of the regular few

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just our aftermatch chats, sketchy with zero production value but wolves related I guess :)

You can see them all on this page

We would like to improve on them, they have always been open for anyone to join us but only a few ever did outside of the regular few
I viewed them as a pub chat rather than product to keep me sane; failed in keeping me sane but enjoyed learning from view points and opinions.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I viewed them as a pub chat rather than product to keep me sane; failed in keeping me sane but enjoyed learning from view points and opinions.
Hopefully you will return with them!

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a good show. The Mike Stowell interview was my favourite episode. There's that many football podcasts, and podcasts in general, that I can find something to fill the gap.

The one with Steve Morgan was good as well.

Dazzling Dave

Reaction score
For those interested in post match podcasts. @Dazzling Dave (and his co-host Amy) does a fantastic YouTube fans 'phone in' a few hours after every game, which is also later released as podcast a day or so later. Hopefully it'll continue next season.

Example:
Would just like to say thanks for this, it has continued this season and the podcast has actually been made a finalist in this years Football Content Awards for Best Premier League podcast, which came as a suppose to us. We are doing phone is shows after every game and anyone that would like to come on please message the always wolves Facebook page wed be delighted to have your input.

scotterwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like the podcast may be resurrected. Tim is going on holiday but on the responses someone asked him about the podcast and it sounds positive for a return:-

Replying to
@TimSpiers
and
@stujames75
Have you stopped doing the pods now or will they be returning soon?

Tim Spiers

@TimSpiers

·
3h

Will be back with the QOC soon hopefully

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More signs that we just aren’t in the larger club category (anymore/ yet)… all adds to the lack of necessity for a 50k stadium.

T

TheConcourse

Doesn’t make any sense to can the podcast. Vital awareness for The Athletic to continue building their audience in a consistent and non-sales led motion.

Whoever made that decision doesn’t understand brand.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Doesn’t make any sense to can the podcast. Vital awareness for The Athletic to continue building their audience in a consistent and non-sales led motion.

Whoever made that decision doesn’t understand brand.
The most annoying thing about the whole saga is that The Athletic have been advertising all the extra podcasts they have available this season - including now two a week for some clubs, including Spurs and the usual suspects. So they increased the amount of podcasts for some clubs and completely dropped ours. I know the podcasts are freely available anyway, but I didn't bother renewing my subscription because of that decision. Absolute shortsighted *******s.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about the whole saga is that The Athletic have been advertising all the extra podcasts they have available this season - including now two a week for some clubs, including Spurs and the usual suspects. So they increased the amount of podcasts for some clubs and completely dropped ours. I know the podcasts are freely available anyway, but I didn't bother renewing my subscription because of that decision. Absolute shortsighted *******s.
Yep was a great show. I thought it was in the top 10 most listened to Athletic podcasts, so strange decision to axe it.

Back
Top Bottom