Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux redevelopment

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen any pictures in this thread but the rail seating looks nice now it's all finished.

Alex Dicken on Twitter

EEbL3T1XUAEinZu

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if this will be put back given the team obviously needs more investment, plus Thomas Cook

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if this will be put back given the team obviously needs more investment, plus Thomas Cook

Fosun have always said that the team and ground are two seperate issues regarding financies and even FFP sees them as seperate. The investment in the ground is small fry for them, even with the losses from TC.
As for Thomas Cook, I can only see this making Fosun even more determined to make Wolves a high profile club. They need to recoup any losses and already see Wolves as being a strong brand in the emerging Chinese football market.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To bump this again, just out of curiosity I didnt join the queue for Steve Bull upper till 2.40pm today. Took 8 minutes from the other side of the road to getting through the turnstiles.
Another thing that isnt a problem at all

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To bump this again, just out of curiosity I didnt join the queue for Steve Bull upper till 2.40pm today. Took 8 minutes from the other side of the road to getting through the turnstiles.
Another thing that isnt a problem at all

Took us 15 mins to get in for Braga.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is what I don't understand. If you turn up with 10 minutes to spare you've got no chance but this has been the way for 3 years

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is what I don't understand. If you turn up with 10 minutes to spare you've got no chance but this has been the way for 3 years
For torino I’m sure we were in queue about 25 before kick off. Never seen queue that long

Today took about ten mins to get in. Odd really

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So any news on the actual expansion. Guess we should know by end of this year ?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had queued for about ten minutes to get into the Steve Bull yesterday when two lads jumped in ahead of us saying ‘can we just squeeze in here mate?’ , so I said ‘can we just squeeze in here mate?’ and moved in front of them again, they were most put out by my impertinence ‘what difference will that make?’ , ‘it’s the principle!’ I explained.
I don’t know, the youth of today hey?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be extremely surprised if any development happens at the end of the season.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the subway. I hope they keep it. I like the idea of a bridge, but if they could have a bridge and keep the subway that would be the best plan in my opinion. I'm no civil engineer though so I don't know if it would be feasible.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I like the subway. I hope they keep it. I like the idea of a bridge, but if they could have a bridge and keep the subway that would be the best plan in my opinion. I'm no civil engineer though so I don't know if it would be feasible.
Same thoughts clive, fingers crossed for keeping the subway, and building a new bridge.. hope it is possible.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
Fosun have always said that the team and ground are two seperate issues regarding financies and even FFP sees them as seperate. The investment in the ground is small fry for them, even with the losses from TC.
As for Thomas Cook, I can only see this making Fosun even more determined to make Wolves a high profile club. They need to recoup any losses and already see Wolves as being a strong brand in the emerging Chinese football market.

Fosun say losses amount to about half a Dias

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/09/article/thomas-cook-loss-smaller-than-feared-fosun/

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Singing mind the gap in the promotion season through the subway was brilliant

F

Flynn

We all know access to the ground is not good enough for the ground as it is, never mind with an extra 10 or 20,000 people. The subway gets clogged up within five minutes of the game ending. But that's not the subway's fault - it's the only safe and traffic-free route to the city centre from the ground (not to mention the shortest and most direct).

There should be a bridge, but this should be in addition to the subway, not in place of the subway - or you have the same problem, just 30 ft in the air. Removing it just seems short sighted when you're going to add thousands more fans to the equation.

D

Deleted member 4453

The way that council chief talks in that interview sounds like he wants it ****ing off. It doesn't exactly talk about it endearingly as we all do.
As we know they'll have the final say unfortunately.

Quite like the sweaty place.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way that council chief talks in that interview sounds like he wants it ****ing off. It doesn't exactly talk about it endearingly as we all do.
As we know they'll have the final say unfortunately.

Quite like the sweaty place.

Most struggling areas, would give anything to have a football club like Wolverhampton Wanderers and a Company like Fosun in their area.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr Johnson said he had never been fond of the subway, which allows pedestrians to travel from the top of Molineux Street into the city centre.

He added: "One of my first experiences of Wolverhampton was as a 14-year-old Everton supporter in that subway."
So we’re losing a unique part of the matchday experience because some scouser got a shoeing 40 years ago :rolleyes:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So we’re losing a unique part of the matchday experience because some scouser got a shoeing 40 years ago :rolleyes:
In fairness subways and underpasses are very much 1960’s and aren’t the nicest or safest .As I said on the other thread I have travelled through that subway at night on non match days and it isn’t the greatest experience.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness subways and underpasses are very much 1960’s and aren’t the nicest or safest .As I said on the other thread I have travelled through that subway at night on non match days and it isn’t the greatest experience.
Even in the daytime with all the beggars in there, it is terrible.
Maybe they could gate it off on non matchdays if there was a bridge to use instead

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff about replacing the subway which I like.
Mentions.. Wolves' current success on the pitch meaning Molineux is regularly sold out..
Chinese owners Fosun are keen to begin a rebuild as quickly as possible.

Molineux subway to be ditched as part of Wolves' stadium rebuild

A wide bridge over the ring road near the Archives would be akin to burying a part of the ring road. Approaching Molineux from the Civic Centre, it would appear as a ground level crossing from the square direct to the new Molineux area, with entry to the new South Bank at this same level behind the Archives.

If the underpass were also removed, then this wide “bridge” could be extended further towards the Uni side since a further part of the ring road could dropped lower. The Uni would benefit from better linking of their campus so I imagine would contribute to the cost along with Wolves and the Council. It might even be possible to build offices over the ring road at the Uni end of such a bridge, which would create value in the scheme and enhance the sense of linkage between city centre and Molineux.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that. Would miss it from the matchday though.

Back
Top Bottom