Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux redevelopment

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Remove the Steve Bull and there’s probably not enough capacity for all season ticket holders given that some tickets would have to go to away fans, so here’s a thought.

I reckon about 13000 of our season ticket holders have been for many, many years. Let them keep their season tickets, but the other 8000 for one/two years get a season ticket for half the games (effectively sharing a season ticket with a complete stranger). For each game there would still be tickets left that half season-ticket holders get priority for.

I can’t get to every game for many reasons and probably miss about 4 league matches per season. I wouldn’t be happy, but I wouldn’t be devastated if instead of missing 4 games, I missed 6 for a season or two.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, none.

I did hear a rumour a good 10 years ago that one of the turnstiles subsided pre game and had to be sealed off. Not sure how true that was.

People have mentioned in the past the windows cracking in the offices are a sign the structure is starting to shift. It could be other things.

There is no way a structure that holds over 9,000 people every fortnight would be in use if they were worried about its stability. Stringent checks are carried out on large concrete structures.

The excuse Morgan made was the substation and generators were in the Steve Bull which would leave the stadium without power. He could have easily built the substation on the North Bank car park before pulling it down. Like he did when the new North Bank went up.

I personally think it's a bigger job than some make out. For whatever reason.

There's a reason Morgan left it alone and a reason we're holding back now.
Hence why fosun will eventually build a brand new at a new location. No reason to delay and the fact its gone quiet is so they can continue the search for a new 'home' suitable to house not just a fantastic new stadia but also the supporting additions to the football 'village' including hotels, restaurants and entertainment to make the whole area one of the world's best

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s unique, but not necessarily beautiful. When you look at the other renders, you see how the brink arches give the stadium an almost medieval appearance. By contrast many modern super stadiums have a bland exterior, often jazzed up with screens, lighting, etc. They will date quickly while something like the Chelsea design would not. The exterior of the new Anfield stands have some nice parts, but some ugly parts too. Morgan’s North Bank exterior had potential but the execution was let down in the details above the brickwork. All said before on MM many times over :)
Yes spurs stadium looks ****ing ****e doesn't it...... o_O

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we've only got 21k ST Holders, then a lot maybe 4000 could go in the lower tier of the Steve Bull (either temp stand or regraded new lower tier?). Guessing we've got more than 21k??

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many pages back I remember someone making a mock up of the north bank with the other half quadrant in place, looked good. Do this, then expand the south bank in the same way (back and sideways but one tier).
Would balance up the stadium nicely until the Bull stand can be done.

S

ShropshireLad

If we've only got 21k ST Holders, then a lot maybe 4000 could go in the lower tier of the Steve Bull (either temp stand or regraded new lower tier?). Guessing we've got more than 21k??
I think that it’s been said that we’ve got 24,000 but I’ll bow to anyone who knows differently.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Tarmac have next to no presence in Wolverhampton now ... and haven’t for a few years.
I think Darvo that WLJM meant Carillion, rather than the more generic to Wolverhampton, Tarmac, as from the split and rebranding in 1999, Carillion remained in Wolverhampton untill they went bust in 2018 & were the construction company, whilst Tarmac had their HQ relocated in Solihull where they still are & are a product manufacture and selling company.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes spurs stadium looks ****ing ****e doesn't it...... o_O

I think the interior looks good, and is probably the benchmark for big new build stadiums. The exterior is just bland bowl of glass and cladding. Probably appropriate for the area though.

85F6DF8B-CF15-4797-823B-D39A1BF5E8D4.jpeg

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So 31000 minus 22500 ST holders is roughly 8500.
Steve Bull upper closed for a year, is about 7000.
So you'd still have space for 1500 away fans.
You could probably open a Steve Bull lower tier for 4000, which would give some uncovered seats to non ST holders.

We'd lose money, and casual fans not able to go, but it wouldn't be the end of the world & not worth groundsharing or moving ground.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
skysports-tottenham-hotspur_4628440.jpg

Looks pretty good at night too...

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don't understand why we don't extend behind the South Bank first , give us enough seats along with a temp stand in front of the Steve Bull to cater for everyone we have now.....really poor we have had no update at the fans parliament.
Yes. Quite. Very poor indeed

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don't understand why we don't extend behind the South Bank first , give us enough seats along with a temp stand in front of the Steve Bull to cater for everyone we have now.....really poor we have had no update at the fans parliament.
Wasn’t it said I think by Laurie that they were going to do the Bully first to increase the number of corporate packages?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
If we move I hope they create extra parking for the 8 billion cars the likes of BT sport needs. Very frustrating how they just commandeer half of Faulkland street carpark ‘because they can’.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t it said I think by Laurie that they were going to do the Bully first to increase the number of corporate packages?

Yes it was.

If it’s true that the delay now is the concern about loss of revenue while the Steve Bull is demolished and rebuilt, then I think it’s worth the club revisiting this decision. Over the course of a season and a couple of summers, the club could add 8k+ to the South Bank by extending backwards and adding two part complete quads either side. While this is done, there would be no loss of capacity or corporate facilities in the Steve Bull. If they also added the NW Quad to the North Bank as well, that would be 9.5k without touching the Steve Bull. The three part completed quads would also add some corporate space at the same time.

As discussed in prior posts, there are options to redevelop the lower tiers of both the Steve Bull and Billy Wright in advance of demolition of the main stand. This could add yet more capacity as well as potentially some improved corporate space in the Steve Bull.

Lots of options if the club wants to stay and get on with improvements.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
I think the interior looks good, and is probably the benchmark for big new build stadiums. The exterior is just bland bowl of glass and cladding. Probably appropriate for the area though.

View attachment 13810
"Richard Hammond's Big" looks at the New Spurs Stadium on Discovery Channel (Sky 125) on Wednesday at 9pm - OK you have to put up with a lot of "it's bigger than me" type comments but the rest of the series have been interesting so this should be worth a watch IMHO.

I

imaJUNGLIST

The SGSA publish their final government report on safe standing at the end of the season. As part of their manifesto I can see government getting the legislation to implement this pretty quickly. Maybe fosun are looking at adding extra capacity from safe standing. How much extra capacity would the south bank hold and say the lower north bank. Also away sections will also need to be made safe standing. Adding extra capacity.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Darvo that WLJM meant Carillion, rather than the more generic to Wolverhampton, Tarmac, as from the split and rebranding in 1999, Carillion remained in Wolverhampton untill they went bust in 2018 & were the construction company, whilst Tarmac had their HQ relocated in Solihull where they still are & are a product manufacture and selling company.
Tarmac's head office used to be in Bilston. Sad how many world class companies have been lost from the area.

I

imaJUNGLIST

So safe standing varies from between 1.2-1.9 persons per seat across different stadiums. Everton's new stadium will be safe standing ready. Safe standing will increase their new stadium capacity by 10k to 62k. Spurs have 7.5k seats converted for safe standing which they say will Increase capacity by 2k. I think the government will try to strike some kind of balance while still implementing their manifesto pledge. A d I expect 1.3 persons per seat.
Molineux could be 36k capacity next season without a brick being played.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So safe standing varies from between 1.2-1.9 persons per seat across different stadiums. Everton's new stadium will be safe standing ready. Safe standing will increase their new stadium capacity by 10k to 62k. Spurs have 7.5k seats converted for safe standing which they say will Increase capacity by 2k. I think the government will try to strike some kind of balance while still implementing their manifesto pledge. A d I expect 1.3 persons per seat.
The desired capacity long term could be met with less outlay. I'm sure Jeff is waiting for the outcome of the safe standing regulations.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Based on what they have already installed we’d get an extra 2k, so 34k. They could potentially extend this to other areas like the rest of the NB Lower, Steve Bull and BW Lower. Probably a sensible compromise would be to fit them to some of the NB Lower tier below the posh seats - not immediately below however due to blocking views from the posh seats. Then demolish the Steve Bull lower and replace it with an extended sit/stand zone extending square to the touch line. Such a rebuilt Steve Bull lower tier could probably hold 5k in standing mode even at a 1.3 ratio. Just that and the existing South Bank sit/stand would probably lift capacity to 36k.

What should be remembered is that for European games currently safe standing is not permitted so you would only have the seated mode capacity.

Last edited:

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hey pal, why did the tiger get lost?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Tarmac's head office used to be in Bilston. Sad how many world class companies have been lost from the area.
It was in Featherstone now that was a HQ complete with helicopter pad and palatial surroundings, Ettingshall was Tarmac Quarry Products, Tarmac Construction was in town, when I worked there Topmix moved over to Wergs Hall and we worked in offices that are now the home of a certain Raul Jimenez.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
The SGSA publish their final government report on safe standing at the end of the season. As part of their manifesto I can see government getting the legislation to implement this pretty quickly. Maybe fosun are looking at adding extra capacity from safe standing. How much extra capacity would the south bank hold and say the lower north bank. Also away sections will also need to be made safe standing. Adding extra capacity.
End of the season?

But that means we won’t have answers to every question instantly and our new 60k stadium won’t be finished by next Tuesday!

Outrageous :mad:

R

reanswolf

Yes it was.

If it’s true that the delay now is the concern about loss of revenue while the Steve Bull is demolished and rebuilt, then I think it’s worth the club revisiting this decision. Over the course of a season and a couple of summers, the club could add 8k+ to the South Bank by extending backwards .

Not trying to be naggy but in my view a massive South Bank holding 14000 would be awful. Not only would there often be thousands of empty seats at the front, it would kill the atmosphere.
People have a habit of thinking bigger size equals better atmosphere. The existing South Bank is the only part of the ground that is acoustically good or near to the pitch.
I think the club could perhaps do some consultation to find out how many of the other existing ST holders and on the waiting list would choose the all-standing all singing South Bank (ok I know not all sing but you get the gist) before expanding it at all.

That way they could ascertain the demand for the stand, and extend it accordingly, in my opinion from 6000 to about 8500, which would be perfect atmosphere-wise. Of course if 14000 actually do want to be in the South Bank, so be it. But just be careful not to ruin something bloody good at the club.

I

imaJUNGLIST

8.5 k is not big enough imo reans. Demand is definitely there. General sale those tickets would fly out the door. All that wasted space at the sides needs to be used with any new south bank development . I'd like to see 11-12k as a general rule.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just get this idea of safe standing ratios right once and for all.
It is not 1.2 or 1.9 per seat.
It is 1.1.
No capacity increase whatsoever.
This would only happen if they replaced the seats and added a few extra per row like the 200 that appeared in the South Bank

I

imaJUNGLIST

Can we just get this idea of safe standing ratios right once and for all.
It is not 1.2 or 1.9 per seat.
It is 1.1.
No capacity increase whatsoever.
This would only happen if they replaced the seats and added a few extra per row like the 200 that appeared in the South Bank

Dortmunds stadium goes from 65k all seated to 81.5k when safe standing is allowed in the yellow wall.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in Featherstone now that was a HQ complete with helicopter pad and palatial surroundings, Ettingshall was Tarmac Quarry Products, Tarmac Construction was in town, when I worked there Topmix moved over to Wergs Hall and we worked in offices that are now the home of a certain Raul Jimenez.
You must have been at Wergs Hall same time as me (about 89 through to 97). I worked for TBP. Great place to work. Happy days.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8.5 k is not big enough imo reans. Demand is definitely there. General sale those tickets would fly out the door. All that wasted space at the sides needs to be used with any new south bank development . I'd like to see 11-12k as a general rule.
An 8,000 capacity after the South Bank is extended is plenty IMO...Not incl the corners. The Stand currently holds about 5,500.
In the coming close season, they should rebuild the temp SW corner higher and curve it round thus improving sight lines and this could mean the stand would hold around 1,500 and possibly do the same for the SE corner. So about 3,000 would be added to capacity.. temporarily.

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton Appoints Laing O'Rourke To Deliver New Stadium

Everton Football Club has appointed Laing O’Rourke as ‘preferred contractor’ for its new 52,000-capacity stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock on Liverpool’s waterfront.

Work on the new stadium is expected to start later this year, subject to planning consent, and isexpected to take three years. A final constructiontimeline will be shared during the PCSA period.
What’s the betting they’ll play their first game there before we’ve even got anywhere with knocking down the Steve Bull?

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Always come to this thread first when I come on the mix hoping for some positive news..... unfortunately it's like it's on a loop now, nothing new, just going round in circles. Reading the accounts, the gate and commercial money, is a small % of our income, and if you devide that by the 4 stands, the South Bank would be the lowest, followed by the Steve Bull as the corporate in there is not much different to the day it opened. My point is, missing the income from the Steve Bull, whilst being developed doesn't stack up. It would if we was in the EFL, but the £s from that stand are currently insignificant. Given the massive interest in this, I dont know why there is reluctance by the club, to put a statement out. Surely it would be better to advise we are going to sit on a decision for the next 12 / 18 months, with no other statement until then. Perhaps this has come out and I have missed it, but it's not fair to keep the fans hope's up. They surely know the history of rebuilding the stadium, Jack sorted it in 3 - 4 years, but before that, years of a crumbling stadium with some horrific sight lines, and then Morgan messing around with the ground again. I can't wait for something to happen, I love stadium development, but more so as I am one of those many thousands currently locked out. Come on Fosun, just let the fans know the real reason for not pushing forward with this, you have been so good at pushing on with everything else.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dortmunds stadium goes from 65k all seated to 81.5k when safe standing is allowed in the yellow wall.
That's in Germany. The safe standing they are going for in this country is what we have in the South Bank now

Reaction score
I left in 99 mate. Think we probably moved in as you left. I was with Topmix. Keith Bryan’s wife sorted out a World Cup event in 1998 think that was our first summer. Full size human table football.

Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom