Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux future capacity

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There is a reason why I and several thousand others are on the ST waiting list despite being unable to attend all the games in a season. If you live close by, and yes Stoke is relatively close, and if you’re on your own, then you can probably make plans to attend as late as the same day if you wish. So waiting for the odd ticket to pop up on the website and having the time to check periodically means it looks easy.

But if you live further away, it’s not so easy. This is made worse if you’re going with someone else and not on your own. I have limited opportunities to get to games, and when I do, I need to coordinate with family which means we need some notice, so we can’t wait for people to give up their tickets.

The reality is that we have one of the highest seat utilisation rates of any club, and have done since promotion. People want to get to games and are locked out today, and it’s not just “plastics”. The club know it, and their reaction will be to keep increasing prices as this gives a much faster payback than adding seats. Concession STH’s are somewhat cushioned, but as time goes on, they will get priced out too.
The waiting list I think has basically halved in last few years, loads of people don't take it up when offered, so you want a stadium expansion so a small number of fans miles away are guarunteed a ticket? I think that 38-40k would be fine for most games, would not sell out all but over the sort of 95% type threshold.

Back
Top Bottom