Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moise Kean

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swings and Roundabouts. I'd be gutted if Neves went as his name is on my shirt.

However, I've got an old shirt with "KEANE" on it and the 'E' has peeled off.

Would have been perfect but it's the wrong 'E'
Oooh hope were on the phone to spurs then

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Despite his name spelt like it should be pronounced 'Keen', I think it's pronounced as 'Kayen' in Italy, like cayenne pepper.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As someone else said, good job we’re light years behind Juve then. If someone isn’t quite up to it for JUVENTUS anymore, but has won every trophy in existence and is still fit and a good player, he’s probably good for Wolves mate. People need to get real.
Not denying i wouldn't want him. I think he's quality myself.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BREAKING: Everton are in talks to sign Juventus striker Moise Kean, according to Sky sources.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I saw a link to The Sun this afternoon saying Arsenal had agreed a deal for him.Be interesting to see where he does end up!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Juventus want £36m AND a buy back clause. Basically a very, very expensive loan if he does well. No thanks...

Agree.

Seems to me we have a much more considered progression plan. There's desperation in them there strugglers. :)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically a very, very expensive loan if he does well. No thanks...

Not necessarily. The buyback clause could be set a lot higher than the fee we pay, say £70m.

It effectively gives Juventus first refusal at that price if he becomes highly sought after, so we could still make a lot of money out of a deal like this.

But I still don’t think we would be keen on having a buy back clause on any player. It’s basically an admission of inferiority.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The buy back clause only applies if we chose to sell though. Juve would basically get first refusal if/when we sold him.
Don't think they can just say we want him back and we're forced to sell.

D

Deleted member 5962

The buy back clause only applies if we chose to sell though. Juve would basically get first refusal if/when we sold him.
Don't think they can just say we want him back and we're forced to sell.

No, its literally the second one. Theyre putting a price in the deal, that if at any time, they decide to meet it, you cant refuse.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The buyback clause could be set a lot higher than the fee we pay, say £70m.

It effectively gives Juventus first refusal at that price if he becomes highly sought after, so we could still make a lot of money out of a deal like this.

But I still don’t think we would be keen on having a buy back clause on any player. It’s basically an admission of inferiority.

Even if it was £70m, for that kind of money he’s probably going to have had an unreal year, and Everton would effectively be back at square one in a years time with only £30m in pocket. It’s not something I would expect us to pursue, simply because it’s not the kind of deal you make if you’re trying to progress.

Some will say Vallejo isn’t, but I get the feeling, like Jonny, he will realise he doesn’t have a future at Real, and if he performs well here and enjoys it (likely), he’ll likely want to join us over other interested parties.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No, its literally the second one. Theyre putting a price in the deal, that if at any time, they decide to meet it, you cant refuse.
I'd be surprised if any club ever agreed to such a clause unless they were desperate for the player.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd really like us to sign Mean but doubt we'd accept a but back

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kean would be the signing of the summer. If Everton get him we are in trouble.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Massive price but he has big potential. Wouldn't be a starter so we can't be dropping that much on a back up forward.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll have to defer to superior knowledge here then. I didn't think the selling club could force the buy back later. I thought it was so the player wasn't sold on without first being offered back to the original seller.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only way around the buy back, is if you can convince the player, hes better of here.
Match his ambitions, show him where we're going , and hopefully he won't want to go back.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll have to defer to superior knowledge here then. I didn't think the selling club could force the buy back later. I thought it was so the player wasn't sold on without first being offered back to the original seller.
Would depend on the terms of the contract. One for the lawyers.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s a set clause, for a set amount. In any transfer window, if that amount is met, then the selling club has to accept it, leaving the player free to speak to the purchasing club and negotiate personal terms.

The only way the player wouldn’t then move, would be if he failed to agree terms or didn’t want to move. It’s likely the terms offered would be a huge increase, so this scenario is highly unlikely.

So if the club didn’t want to sell, it’s irrelevant. If the club do want to sell, then they would effectively have to give first refusal to the club with the buy back clause anyway. Only if the purchasing club chose not to activate the clause would they then be free to move elsewhere.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a set clause, for a set amount. In any transfer window, if that amount is met, then the selling club has to accept it, leaving the player free to speak to the purchasing club and negotiate personal terms.

The only way the player wouldn’t then move, would be if he failed to agree terms or didn’t want to move. It’s likely the terms offered would be a huge increase, so this scenario is highly unlikely.

So if the club didn’t want to sell, it’s irrelevant. If the club do want to sell, then they would effectively have to give first refusal to the club with the buy back clause anyway. Only if the purchasing club chose not to activate the clause would they then be free to move elsewhere.
Fair enough. Every day's a school day. :D

M

Mr Wolf

Big gamble at £40m, they do need a centre forward mind & not much else out there.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kean is a good buy for Everton a player with a lot of potential but the 'Buy Back' option is something that puts me right off.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kean and Cutrone totally different sorts of players. Think we need a player like Kean to help unlock stubborn defences.

D

Deleted member 5962

Kean and Cutrone totally different sorts of players. Think we need a player like Kean to help unlock stubborn defences.

Kean is very much a Jota style player. Good dribbler, deceptively quick and strong, and also can play as a left forward or a centre forward. He wouldnt necessarily give us anything we dont already have. Cutrone, however is (if he signs) our first out and our number 9 style forward in a good long while and definately would provide the poacher in the box we seem to miss

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Kean is a good buy for Everton a player with a lot of potential but the 'Buy Back' option is something that puts me right off.
No buy back option apparently. If so it is a great deal, especially for under £30MM.

D

Deleted member 5242

Guardian reporting initial fee of £29m

An exciting singing for them.

Have to hope he flops, but can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom