Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mixers raise over £500 the Mix logo to feature on a car raising Money-Prostate Cancer. Video added

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hello all, for the last 7 years I have participated and raised money www.justgiving.com/fundraising/polypipekr18 for Prostate Cancer by taking part in a car rally . This year it’s the 9th year of the rally, and the Rally is hoping to get past the magical £1m raised. Being the 7th year I have exhausted all our sponsorship opportunities, and wondered if my fellow mixers would consider individual sponsorship under the Molineux Mix Banner. Any sponsors who pledge £250 get their logo on the car, so can we raise £250 between us so I can proudly have the Mix badge on the car. Prostate Cancer will effect 1 in 8 men, so we need to keep raising the money for research and care. Thanks for reading this our just giving page is now up and running www.justgiving.com/fundraising/polypipekr18 ,anything raised will be most welcome, please mention the mix in any donations, and add gift aid which is a free government donation. All donations go directly to Prostate Cancer, not the running of this Rally. More details on our just giving page. Thanks Steve.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I've stuck a tenner in to get you started, excellent cause.
Thanks Wednesbury £240 to go Mixers, lets do it, Baggies, Blues and Villians, are on this trip, lets get the logo on the car and keep rubbing in this glorious ride. By the way the car this year is gold and black.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just stuck £15 in to get you up to 10% of the total. All the best with your fund raising

B

Bionic Wolf

I only stuck a fiver in but it was the fact that your motor will be gold and black (even just for this series of yours) clinched it for me

Gl mate

Last edited by a moderator:

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone a third of the way there, and my boss is a Big Baggies fan who wont be best pleased to see anything Wolves on the car, but I haven’t broken the rules The Mix is a Sponsor. Wished i get the club to donate and put more Wolves on LOL

J

JC14M5 Wolf

Donated to the charity direct mate, hope you don't mind.

Family / friends have died from this.

I always ponder! who funds the ferry crossing, fuel, grub, digs, insurance etc for these events, sorry to come across as a ****, but everything in life has to be paid for and if we cut out the jolly expenses, the charity might benefit even more.

Driving to Monaco in a Merc over 5 days is hardly a challenge, in my book.

Apologies in advance, I do have a soul, but I sometimes wonder how these events are funded.

Standby to be enlightened..

All the best, I hope you hit your target.

Ready for inbound....

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score

I always ponder! who funds the ferry crossing, fuel, grub, digs, insurance etc for these events, sorry to come across as a ****, but everything in life has to be paid for and if we cut out the jolly expenses, the charity might benefit even more.

Apologies in advance, I do have a soul, but I sometimes wonder how these events are funded.

Ready for inbound....
Fantastic you have donated, no money raised goes into the running of this event. This comes from main sponsors. The majority of the drivers fund this trip themselves, so fuel, a car purchase, entry fee, and take it as holiday, not different from holiday in Spain, however we choose to holiday this way and raise a £100k every time, a normal holiday raises .... nothing. If you haven’t done this before, every day is 400 / 500 miles mainly off motorways, so 11 / 12 hours driving daily then camping, by day 3 fatigue kicks in. Jolly expenses don’t kick in for the majority plus you cant really drink because you have to drive. As for Monaco we arrive at 7.00pm we have a 2 hour function,so not even time to sightsee and back in the car for 6 in the morning driving back home. If we get all the big companies and individuals just to donate to the charity,you are right we wouldn’t need to do this, but we all know that wouldn’t happen. A lot more words than i wanted to put, shame i have to all.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score

Ready for inbound....
AND it's 5 days there and back if you look at the website, we used to do South of France in about 3 days down motorways to make it comfortable and the same back after a couple of weeks, it's a decent drive ;)

J

JC14M5 Wolf

Not a shame you explained. Now I get it.
Now R Soul will chuck a few sheckles your way.
Safe trip.:)

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
AND it's 5 days there and back if you look at the website, we used to do South of France in about 3 days down motorways to make it comfortable and the same back after a couple of weeks, it's a decent drive ;)
Your right Cookey its a killer, but an experience. No joke it takes a week to recover, but we get back Sunday night and we all are back to work Monday morning. I hope this captures the imagination of this site and i proudly display the logo.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Hello all, for the last 7 years I have participated and raised money www.justgiving.com/fundraising/polypipekr18 for Prostate Cancer by taking part in a car rally . This year it’s the 9th year of the rally, and the Rally is hoping to get past the magical £1m raised. Being the 7th year I have exhausted all our sponsorship opportunities, and wondered if my fellow mixers would consider individual sponsorship under the Molineux Mix Banner. Any sponsors who pledge £250 get their logo on the car, so can we raise £250 between us so I can proudly have the Mix badge on the car. Prostate Cancer will effect 1 in 8 men, so we need to keep raising the money for research and care. Thanks for reading this our just giving page is now up and running www.justgiving.com/fundraising/polypipekr18 ,anything raised will be most welcome, please mention the mix in any donations, and add gift aid which is a free government donation. All donations go directly to Prostate Cancer, not the running of this Rally. More details on our just giving page. Thanks Steve.
Ok here's an idea, we as molineux mix will chuck in the full 250, then every individual poster on here who pledges i'll add their screen names around the outside of the molineux mix logo for the car? @Oakhamwolf is that doable?

Last edited:

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ok here's an idea, we as molineux mix will chuck in the full 250, then every individual poster on here who pledges i'll add their screen names around the outside of the molineux mix logo for the car? @Oakhamwolf is that doable?
It’s all about raising the money, so yes i will sort somehow, and locate space. Let’s get this rolling

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we try and get to £400 folks? If bod can get some names on there especially :)

Last edited:

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry to all this keeps getting bumped up, but how proud am i of the Mix Community, and just what a great time to love everything just Wolves. The Mix Logo will be on the car ! and i cant wait to tell everyone who questions why something Wolves is on the car the reason why..... people care, genuinely i am humbled by the generosity. I will get myself a couple of Mix tee shirts done ( if this is allowed Bods) and proudly wear them on my journey, pics will appear at the end of June. If anyone else wants to donate please do, its a crappy disease, and will touch everyone at some stage be it own, friends or family i hope even this thread makes someone think about getting tested, caught early its curable. Once again thanks again, and soz i will probably bump again at some stage

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just clicked on the OP link again and if I read it correctly the total raised so appears to be £770--if so that's fantastic .

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I know this will probably be merged with my other post, i just wanted to ensure this message got across, thanks for a brilliant effort in sponsoring our Rally run for Prostate Cancer Read Polypipe's story :);)

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Anymore for anymore? Get your name on the molineux mix logo :)

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thanks all £550 raised
Last years video. Hopefully link works Click on Watch on Vimeo

Last edited:

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hello all. Just another thank you for your donations for our Rally Raising money for Prostate Cancer. We hope to hit the £1m after this yers Rally. Rally starts today

The Mol Mix logo as promised is proudly displayed on the car, all sponsors logo are in gold this year, hope you don’t mind, but we are now more gold than orange !

Many thanks again for your support and generosity

Attachments

• WP_20180626_15_20_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180626_15_20_28_Pro.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 29
  • WP_20180626_15_21_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180626_15_21_30_Pro.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20180626_15_20_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180626_15_20_50_Pro.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 28
Back