Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Milijas transfer listed

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will please many on here. Will disappoint many on here.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's the right thing to do. He has never quite consistently done enough so thanks Nenad and good luck for the future.

J

Jameswwfc

Would never do it in the championship anyway. Good move now just for Edwards to join him.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evident he was never going to feature. Shame as I always liked him. Bit half hearted as I can't see him going in the next three weeks. Y not put him on earlier?

A

andyc225

Marmite player. I personally liked him and I think that if he was played in his correct position instead of being shoehorned in occasionally/given a token 5 minutes every so often by Mick he would've been an asset.

We need to bring in a more creative midfielder to replace him, even though according to Nim Tash STS said he didn't want to with the amount of competition already in that place. Jamie O'Hara is just too unreliable and Dave Edwards isn't good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, I'm fully behind SS and what he's doing. Milijas has failed to perform at the levels we originally expected and obviously isn't good enough for Stale.

R

Redditch Wolves

Sounds like myself when I start a new game on Championship Manager by clearing out all the players I don't want but left red faced come the start of the season as I haven't brought in enough players.

M

Mugwump

Shame, but probably for the best. Edwards can go too and we cant say if stale rates him or not yet, he is never fit.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not happy......
Victim of a managers abuse of not playing flair players.
If not productive he gets subbed after 45 min (nothing to fitness)
We keep Ward/Edwards yet flair player's get the heev hoe...
Oh well hears to Micks old boys plodding along this season.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First season his free kicks and corners set up a few goals but after that he's done $$$$ all. Never understood what all the fuss was about with Milijas, he's never been 100% fighting fit, always looked absolutely knackered after an hour and overall, has been a big disappointment.

C

Craddockinho

There is no deny Milijas is a talented football with a rocket of a left-foot.

However.

He is one paced and an absolute liability when it comes to tracking players defensively.

A

andyc225

I love how the Bogdoggies on Twitter think that us transfer listing Ned amounts to a player exodus.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like myself when I start a new game on Championship Manager by clearing out all the players I don't want but left red faced come the start of the season as I haven't brought in enough players.

You obviously didn't read his quotes when he was first appointed, he wants to cut the team in half as he doesn't want to work with so many footballers, so he's shipping Gued, Milijas, Hammill etc... So he can work with Henry, Egg, Edwards etc...

He won't be red faced.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
disappointed. but as long as we dont try and persist with the graft over craft policy then i willl accept it and look forward to another creative player being brought in as a replacement.

J

JR's Boots

I would rather it was Edwards than Milijas who was being transfer listed. We lack creativity.

S

Shergar

The Crown at The Wergs have just announced they will have to make 2 bar staff redundant when he leaves.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Think it's the right thing to do. He has never quite consistently done enough so thanks Nenad and good luck for the future.

This.

Good player, but not really suited for English Football.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Milijas leaving does not sadden me in the slightest.

If he was a right footed, Irish, ex-Sunderland player and called Ed McMilijas...I can guarantee he'd have be hung-drawn-and-quartered on here week in, week out.

Yet because he was foreign, left footed and lazily sprayed the ball around he somehow became the great white hope for reasons which are beyond me...

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big shame this. Milijas was hardly used last year, our worst by far season. Yet when he played in his first two seasons, we did much better, and most of our best performances came when he was in the side.

Solbakken obviously has to sell to buy, however, so he will be another one shipped off. I presume with Henry, Davies, Tongo and Ohara to cover the central midfield, he thinks he has enough in that department.

R

Redditch Wolves

We seriously need some wide players and creativity in that midfield or we will struggle to make the playoffs.

M

Mugwump

Big shame this. Milijas was hardly used last year, our worst by far season. Yet when he played in his first two seasons, we did much better, and most of our best performances came when he was in the side.

Solbakken obviously has to sell to buy, however, so he will be another one shipped off. I presume with Henry, Davies, Tongo and Ohara to cover the central midfield, he thinks he has enough in that department.

You forgot Egg, Edwards and Forde.

S

Shergar

Just remembered, that I'm sure I read somewhere that Solbakken tried to take Milijas on loan from us when he was at Cologne?
The above would intimate that the manager rated the player, wonder what's happened there then?

Reaction score

This. I'm not confident at all of promotion this season, but as long as we're not relegated we'll have plenty of spending power for the season after and will still be an attractive club... Sad to say this before we've even kicked off but we won't be top 2 and even top 6 is looking unlikely to me, and of course is a lottery anyway

Sent using TapaTalk

D

dolph

Milijas leaving does not sadden me in the slightest.

If he was a right footed, Irish, ex-Sunderland player and called Ed McMilijas...I can guarantee he'd have be hung-drawn-and-quartered on here week in, week out.

Yet because he was foreign, left footed and lazily sprayed the ball around he somehow became the great white hope for reasons which are beyond me...

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Technically excellent but probably not suited to a struggling side in the Premier League.

Always enjoyed watching him play but he is at an age where he isn't going to improve much further and needs regular first-team football for the sake of his career. Probably the right move for everyone but wish him the very best for the future.

Back
Top Bottom