Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Milijas thinking about leaving

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reaction to this will be interesting!

I like the chap and yes he can pass a ball and yes he has improved his fitness. But he still cant run a game at this level for 90mins against the best.

He is a better squad player than Dave Jones but I don't beleive he has the pace or stamina of O'Hara and he is a different player to Henry. I don't want him to go but can understand his reasons, and equally I understand why he is rightly behind O'Hara/Henry.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overrated but thanks for the memories..........well the goal against Bolton 2 years ago!

M

Marvin

If I were him, I'd want to stay here for the rest of my career.

By not playing he's progressed from being a decent passer of a ball to being Messi, Beckham, Scholes, Cruyff, and Charlton all rolled into one.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

It is completely outstanding how a player of such quality, like Hammill is left out to dry.

I know McCarthy is a stubborn $$$$$$$ but come on!!

D

Deleted member 3751

Don't blame him, McCarthy's refusal to use him has been utterly ridiculous, especially when you look at the level of performance O'Hara has been putting in.

W

Wolfos

We would have been relegated without him last season, no question about it. He was instrumental in at least half of our wins that year. Hope he gets a chance and makes the most of it.

D

Deleted member 4008

Seems to me that players with talent and ability Hammil and Milijas don't get a chance where as Kightly ( who has been out for 2 years) and Edwards walk straight back into the team.

To stay in the prem you need players that will battle ( which is what we have )
To move forward and up in the prem you need battle and some players that can create something out of nothing and flair. ( we have some but don't use them)

W

Womble19

At the moment.. id say better than o hara... just on current form of o hara... give him a chance mick

E

Edgmond Wolf

Player using media to ask boss "can I play this week?"

A

andyc225

Professional footballer in "Wanting to play football" shocker!

Mick, take note.

B

Bostin

He'd do so well with two strikers up top to aim for as opposed to one. Stick two pacey wingers into the equation too and we have a very good attacking side.

Trouble is, defence comes first for Mick.

S

Sandwell Wolf

We are a disgrace the way we treat players. I've had enough of it. Mick, $$$$ing sort it out. $$$$ O'Hara off and get Milijas in the team FFS.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be absolutely gutted if he leaves.

Me too. The most gutted I'd be of any of our players leaving, particularly because he hasn't been given a fair chance to show what he can do, and how pivotal he could be for us. He has that extra technical ability and creativity that none of our other midfielders have. Something that is needed at this level. I'm a fan of Mick but should Nenad leave, this will be the biggest test of my patience with the boss! Watch him go to another Premier League side and run the show for them whilst we struggle to create any chances in games.

R

Rocky_Balllboa

MM will get us relegated this season, Hammill will be next

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The myth of Milijas. The longer he doesn't player the better he becomes

You know full well this is nonsense also. Nobody is saying he is Xavi however we have been woeful on the ball at times and looking back to last season he made a number of key contributions by playing decent football. To play an Edwards who has just come back from a long time out ahead of him was insane (yes I know they don't play exactly the same way - thankfully).

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly a surprise after the terrible way he has been treated. To not even have him on the bench last time out was quite ridiculous. Mind you even when he is on the bench he is NEVER utilised by our stubborn manager. As I have said before I would build a team around him not leave him on the periphery totally ignored. As if our team was not one dimensional enough we now may lose one of the few creative sparks we have. I am a McCarthy supporter generally but his treatment of Milijas makes my blood boil especially after four consecutive league defeats. We desperately need some flair if we are to open up defences and he can imv provide it. But he needs a bloody run in the team. Exasperating and somehow typical of Wolves under MM.

B

blueghostuk

I think Milijas should be given a chance, until then he can't be properly judged on fitness (which could have improved) or ability (he has proved this already but needs another chance to show it again). I personally think he would do great for us but if Mick wont give him a chance we will never know. The last two games would have been ideal but Mick snubbed him.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Hardly surprising he's getting frustrated when he sees the likes of O'Hara and Henry getting picked ahead of him week in week out and regardless of how awful their performances are.

D

Deleted member 3751

The myth of Milijas. The longer he doesn't player the better he becomes

The longer hes out the team the more people forget what he brings.

Much more creative than O'Hara and the best we have at ball retention. Just another sign that MM struggles to truly appreciate talent if it doesn't come with two gallons of sweat. I reckon if MM managed Southampton in the 90's, Le Tissier would've struggled for games. Milijas is a victim of his own languid style, having an age on the ball and making it look easy because he doesn't have to chase his own mistakes like a $$$$.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The longer hes out the team the more people forget what he brings.

Much more creative than O'Hara and the best we have at ball retention. Just another sign that MM struggles to truly appreciate talent if it doesn't come with two gallons of sweat. I reckon if MM managed Southampton in the 90's, Le Tissier would've struggled for games. Milijas is a victim of his own languid style, having an age on the ball and making it look easy because he doesn't have to chase his own mistakes like a $$$$.

Spot on.

Reaction score
Gutted if he goes, one of our best players. At least deserves a chance in a 442, maybe we'd start to see some through balls through the centre that have been largely lacking since promotion

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He never plays so his leaving wouldn't make any difference to the team at all. I'm more disappointed by the lack of impact he has made. The central midfield isn't functioning well at the moment, I don't think this is necessarily due to Henry or O'Hara playing badly (although JOH has been patchy at best in some games), I think it boils down to O'Hara's inclination to play long passes from very deep positions. O'Hara isn't the out and out attacking player some see him as and he spends a lot of time in very deep positions. With Nenad or Adlene, who both tend to move into more advanced positions than either JOH or Henry, playing in front of him then I can't help but think he wouldn't have to resort to the impossible passes quite so often. I'm also not completely convinced that a midfield combination of O'Hara with either of those players would be the defensive disaster many think it would be.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it's hardly controversial what he's said & probably no more than many of us are thinking anyway...his contract runs out end of next season, he has as yet not been offered a new one & he'll probably go january or end of the season... I expect we'll sign a british based player as a replacement..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be gutted if he goes. He has been treated terribly by McCarthy. I mean how the hell was he not on the bench on Saturday and Edwards was?
Stick him in a team like Newcastle with Tiote and he would look class. He has never been given a decent run of games whilst other poorer footballers get in the side and play a consistent run of games despite obvious poor form.
I think he will do well at a club where he is appreciated by his manager.

hristisenas

Reaction score
The reaction to this will be interesting!

I like the chap and yes he can pass a ball and yes he has improved his fitness. But he still cant run a game at this level for 90mins against the best.

Remind me how many games O'Hara/Henry have run recently.

S

Space Wolf

Can't blame him. He's lost his place in the Serbian team and actually needs to be playing to have any chance of getting it back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If O hara keeps his shirt now , after 3 or 4 terrible matches Milijias will be leaving in January for sure. Unless o hara gets injured.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great player and major contibutor to some of our best performances of the last two years, despite being treated despicably by MCarthorse.

Its a deciding issue for me. If McCarthy cant use him, then it just shows up his limitations and nasty side as a manager.

Back
Top Bottom