Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mike Dean

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pele gave us the beautiful game and it has been corrupted by the likes of this little *******!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what is clear is that Dean is no more competent as a VAR official than he was as a referee :mad:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Salah goal is a goal because Toti deliberately touched the ball. Bad rule, but that’s not Deans fault.

The Toti goal was given offside by the linesman, not Dean,
VAR couldn’t overrule it as didn’t have proof it was a mistake by the linesman.

Any rage should really be directed at the rules, the linesman and the farce that is VAR.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Salah goal is a goal because Toti deliberately touched the ball. Bad rule, but that’s not Deans fault.

Any rage should really be directed at the rules, the linesman and the farce that is VAR.
Toti wasn't in control of the ball and Salah was interfering with play. I believe that those two things combined mean it was an error (but I'm not a referee). The issue is it's open to interpretation but Toti *clearly* wasn't in control there.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti wasn't in control of the ball and Salah was interfering with play. I believe that those two things combined mean it was an error (but I'm not a referee). The issue is it's open to interpretation but Toti *clearly* wasn't in control there.
Nor am I a referee. But I think the rule is about deliberately touching the ball, not having control of it.
This circumstance shows the wording of the rule is unfair. But that isn’t the fault of Dean (many other things are his fault mind...)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nor am I a referee. But I think the rule is about deliberately touching the ball, not having control of it.
This circumstance shows the wording of the rule is unfair. But that isn’t the fault of Dean (many other things are his fault mind...)

But as the pundits on MOTD commented, that’s not how it’s consistently applied, even with the current wording.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Posted its in another thread but more apt for this one. Just to add more fuel to the fire - I have been told from someone who I know who wouldn't wind me up and is a Liverpool supporter he heard someone at the game last night say that that Mike Deans' 2 sons are season ticket holders at Anfield - I can't confirm the rumour but if true it's a disgrace and should be subject to an enquiry as to why he is allowed to be involved in any of their games. Nepotism at least on his case and dereliction of duty by the FA. He and a lot of other Liverpool fans around him were mystified why there 2nd goal was given and ours not

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posted its in another thread but more apt for this one. Just to add more fuel to the fire - I have been told from someone who I know who wouldn't wind me up and is a Liverpool supporter he heard someone at the game last night say that that Mike Deans' 2 sons are season ticket holders at Anfield - I can't confirm the rumour but if true it's a disgrace and should be subject to an enquiry as to why he is allowed to be involved in any of their games. Nepotism at least on his case and dereliction of duty by the FA. He and a lot of other Liverpool fans around him were mystified why there 2nd goal was given and ours not
Was all over Twitter last night.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score

I agree about Tori’s goal. I suspect the VAR team knew the linesman had got it wrong but couldn’t overturn his decision. Questions need to be asked about why Anfield cameras had a dead zone in such an important part of the pitch. Farcical.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Has Mike Dean been allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton as a confirmed Merseysider himself? If not - for the usual geographical reason - why is he allowed to operate VAR?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Mike Dean been allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton as a confirmed Merseysider himself? If not - for the usual geographical reason - why is he allowed to operate VAR?
I recall reading a report where he watched by his season ticket holder sons. On Twitter or Instagram I think.
Mike Dean from the Wirral, whose sons have season tickets at Anfield, is refereeing the Merseyside Derby... #Everton #Liverpool

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
12 Liverpool PL games (which is low considering his experience). 9 Liverpool wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat - can't win 'em all Mike!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mike Dean's future as a Video Assistant Referee is not looking good. He has not been selected for the past two months. A daily newspaper reported that they understood his performance levels have played a part in the decision.
The Mike Dean show is finally coming to an end. He must be secretly gutted that he's been the 'man in the box' this season and not 'the Prestige'.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be about 5 years ago it was Mike Dean day when we beat Cardiff 1-0 despite Dean’s 2 late penalties for Cardiff

Edit: here it is

Not wanting to defend Dean, but I don’t think we could argue with either of the penalties he awarded to Cardiff City.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First looked soft and second looked outside the area to me.

I hink Coady knew it was a penalty, the expression on his face said it all. The second was inside the area, only just, but it was a silly challenge. Although it was a crazy end to the game.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just Dean though is it. The lot need to go, dinosaurs of the highest order and full.of their own importance.

I would love to see ex pros or someone who at least played the game become refs, I think we would see a more balanced view.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mike Dean's future as a Video Assistant Referee is not looking good. He has not been selected for the past two months. A daily newspaper reported that they understood his performance levels have played a part in the decision.
I wouldnt call it "performance levels". I have a completely different angle in mind.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So one of his last appointments must have been the **** show in the FA cup at Liverpool? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom