Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Midfield

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know there will be multiple threads tonight because if the shambles that we have become but who is the worst midfield pairing you have seen at Wolves.

For me, Saville and Coady were a disgrace today, on a par with the halcyon days of Corica and Sedgley.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that McDonald and Price play well together so why want he play them??

bully9

Reaction score
I didn't think Saville was that bad today , we need a new goalkeeper ikeme is to quiet . several times today all he needed to do was call for the ball and it would of relieved the pressure , he s to slow getting the ball out

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. K-Mac is out of form but for the love of God, that midfield was diabolical. Coady's pass for our goal was great but I can only guess he got lucky 'cos he generally can't pass wind.

How many non-footballers can Kenny play in any one game? It seems as many as possible. I used to bemoan the constant selection of Dave Edwards because of this. I can only think Jackett bought Coady to make Dave look like a world beater. It's worked with me. Get well soon Dave!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The Karl Henry/David Davis axis (of evil) in the relegation season was the least creative I can remember.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price was by far the worst today, he is truly out of his depth.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

W

welshwolf

Price worse than saville and Coady, really, don't get me wrong he was a steaming pile of .... But next to those two he shone like a diamond

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. K-Mac is out of form but for the love of God, that midfield was diabolical. Coady's pass for our goal was great but I can only guess he got lucky 'cos he generally can't pass wind.

How many non-footballers can Kenny play in any one game? It seems as many as possible. I used to bemoan the constant selection of Dave Edwards because of this. I can only think Jackett bought Coady to make Dave look like a world beater. It's worked with me. Get well soon Dave!

The Karl Henry/David Davis axis (of evil) in the relegation season was the least creative I can remember.

Despite it all there are some great posts tonight

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I am still trying to work out who was the designated No 10 at the Kick Off?
Henry?
Coady?
Who exactly ?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was gonna go to Huddersfield next weekend... Should i not bother?

E

E is for idiot.

The midfield struggle so much because they all have bad necks from watching all those hoofs up to Siggy.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our central midfield has been poor all season tbh. I'm strugging to think of any of them that have been any better than mediocre on a regular basis.

L

luckyjim

Adam Reach from midfield has 5 goals for Preston this season - has any midfielder (not including wingers) scored more than one for us this season?

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
The midfield, and supporting attacking players today were possibly the worst creative players we have started since the relegation seasons of the 1980's. Utterly shocking. I would take, and I don't mean this lightly, take the midfield of the Hoddle years rather than this utter garbage.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly???? Are you taking the $$$$?

Think it's the new agenda seen a few anti Price posts today, he wasn't good but far better than Connor "I control it with my knee so it goes further" Coady and George " put me on set pieces I once got one in the air" Saville

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Eggert Jonsson and David Davis.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Adam Reach from midfield has 5 goals for Preston this season - has any midfielder (not including wingers) scored more than one for us this season?

As I said on another thread when Henry went off the eleven on the field had scored 4 goals between them-all from defenders.
8 of the 11 hadn't got a goal between them.Simply staggering .

O

OldburyWolf

I know he didn't play there today but isn't Reach a winger? IIRC we was linked with a loan move before he went Preston. Anyway to answer your question Kmac is one 3 goals

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
As I said on another thread when Henry went off the eleven on the field had scored 4 goals between them-all from defenders.
8 of the 11 hadn't got a goal between them.Simply staggering .

The final stat that that confirms how low the club has sunk. Simply upsetting.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The final stat that that confirms how low the club has sunk. Simply upsetting.

While I think jackett is doing his best under difficult circumstances, then this makes me think no he's gone incredibly negative with players who could actually create and pose a threat, if only he knew what to do with them!

R

reanswolf

Certain people were crying out for Kmac to be dropped.

Accepting that he has been not at his best, yesterday hopefully makes people realise that we simply have no viable replacements.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kmac is the best midfielder we have. In fact his arrival brought about a Wolves team that could actually play football and pass through the midfield. Something not seen since the early 80's. Together with Price we had team that controlled possession and bossed the game in both League 1 and the Championship. I would even go as far to say that if Price had been picked at the start of last season instead of being loaned out to accommodate the signing of Saville, that we would have got promoted automatically. Jackett has since been infatuated with trying to find an alternative formation for when opposition teams flooded midfield and stopped Price and McDonald from playing. He argued that we needed more physical presence and bought a player in Coady who can't run except in aimless circles at a canter. We have wingers that can't take on their man. Centre halves that get beaten by one ball over the top, and our latest centre forward recruits don't play on the last shoulder. In short, we have a lack of pace and muscle across the pitch. But the one area you don't need this is central midfield. That's for your playmakers, your visionaries, the heartbeat that sets the tempo and gets the other parts moving and playing. We had this in Price and McDonald. Now we have an almighty mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

merseawolf

Kmac simply has to get further up the pitch to influence the game. Playing alongside Batth and EEL is doing his talents and possibly his efforts no good to the side. Let Price Coady Saville Rowe whoever do the donkey work and give Kmac more freedom to play and shove a rocket up his $$$$ while we're at it get him out of his comfort zone.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kmac simply has to get further up the pitch to influence the game. Playing alongside Batth and EEL is doing his talents and possibly his efforts no good to the side. Let Price Coady Saville Rowe whoever do the donkey work and give Kmac more freedom to play and shove a rocket up his $$$$ while we're at it get him out of his comfort zone.

Agree but he's playing in a position that Jackett is telling him to!! Again it's typical of him. When we signed him he was playing as a no10 yet we try and change a player! He is our most creative player in central mid and we use him far far too deep, we've tried everyone from Saville, evans, Henry, Mason, Afobe, VLP, Edwards and Coady in that role but not KMac!!

M

merseawolf

Thats my point. I'm not blaming Kmac in any way for playing so deep its down to KJ. How he thinks Kmac can influence a game from a positive point of view i just dont know.

Back
Top Bottom