Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Laudrup new Swansea manager

A

andyc225

I love how the plastic bindippers think that Brendan Rogers was somehow instrumental in the bringing of attractive football to Swansea. I can guarantee that he'll be a complete failure at Loserpile.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love how the plastic bindippers think that Brendan Rogers was somehow instrumental in the bringing of attractive football to Swansea. I can guarantee that he'll be a complete failure at Loserpile.

They were so anti Martinez being appointed but he's the one that set the ball rolling at Swansea for their style of football

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an incredible player in his time, wish I'd seen him play live. One of the few players to play for both Barca and Real, I think he won titles with both too? He had a bit of a torrid time in a job over there (Sociedad maybe, before I wikipedia all this?!) so he'll have a point to prove.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While he wasn't instrumental in bringing in the attractive football to Swansea, he's the one that was most successful using that style & fine-tuning it.

How good he does at Liverpool remains to be seen though. I'd like him to succeed just because some of the comments regarding him as almost "lucky" to have been at Swansea & that he didn't do much to them.

Only downside is that it's Liverpool he's managing and I really don't want them to succeed lol.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While he wasn't instrumental in bringing in the attractive football to Swansea, he's the one that was most successful using that style & fine-tuning it.

How good he does at Liverpool remains to be seen though. I'd like him to succeed just because some of the comments regarding him as almost "lucky" to have been at Swansea & that he didn't do much to them.

Only downside is that it's Liverpool he's managing and I really don't want them to succeed lol.

Your in a win win situation.....

Then again it depends which way you look at it as your in a lose lose situation. :dong:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks thy laudrup isn't all that???!!!! Probably

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a previous poster wrote Rodgers picked up the style from Martinez. You speak to Swans fans and they tell you that Martinez set the template for their current style. Rodgers got very lucky. I will be surprised if he lasts 6 months at anfield.

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As a previous poster wrote Rodgers picked up the style from Martinez. You speak to Swans fans and they tell you that Martinez set the template for their current style. Rodgers got very lucky. I will be surprised if he lasts 6 months at anfield.

Martinez certainly introduced the style of play at Swansea but Rodgers has always been renowned for having the same footballing philosophy.

Do you honestly believe that a new manager would come into a club and play a style of football purely because his predecessor did? Every manager has his own style to a certain extent and will have his own ideas on how his team should play.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Liverpool epitomise the best of the English game among those I would consider the 'Big' clubs. To me there is something ugly about the Manures, Citeh's and Chelski's of the Premiership (less so the North London duo). For that reason I wish Brendan Rodgers well. Though Daglish behaved like a moaning minnie last season he still acknowledged that the clubs owners behaved well and treated him with dignity when in effect sacking him. Under Shankly and his immediate clutch of successors Liverpool (until Benitez) represented something good but intangible about English football and indeed England. The new ownership (admittedly American) seem to be renewing that tradition. It is debateable if Liverpool can still be described as 'big' but while I dream of the day that Wolves will once again establish us among the greats of the game, until then Liverpool are the one 'big' club I will not resent winning the Premiership.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martinez certainly introduced the style of play at Swansea but Rodgers has always been renowned for having the same footballing philosophy.

Do you honestly believe that a new manager would come into a club and play a style of football purely because his predecessor did? Every manager has his own style to a certain extent and will have his own ideas on how his team should play.

I really hope that our new manager drastically changes the style of play that we had under McCarthy/clipboard and just as importantly that the players are able to play to whatever it is. Have some doubts about some of our players being able to adapt to a football style of play from hoofball!

P

PeteWolf

I think Liverpool epitomise the best of the English game among those I would consider the 'Big' clubs. To me there is something ugly about the Manures, Citeh's and Chelski's of the Premiership (less so the North London duo). For that reason I wish Brendan Rodgers well. Though Daglish behaved like a moaning minnie last season he still acknowledged that the clubs owners behaved well and treated him with dignity when in effect sacking him. Under Shankly and his immediate clutch of successors Liverpool (until Benitez) represented something good but intangible about English football and indeed England. The new ownership (admittedly American) seem to be renewing that tradition. It is debateable if Liverpool can still be described as 'big' but while I dream of the day that Wolves will once again establish us among the greats of the game, until then Liverpool are the one 'big' club I will not resent winning the Premiership.
Liverpool are a dirty, horrible club followed by some of the most despicable fans in the country.

D

Dewsburywolf

Why couldn't Wolves do something outside of the box & employ a Scandinavian manager

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Excellent appointment - the chairman there has a great track record in managerial appointments. Haven't they earnt somewhere close to the £10million mark in compensation fees for their managers?

J

johnybig32

Are people confusing Michael with Brian, who was the better of the brothers?

Gornal

Reaction score
He actually has an appalling record as a manager. A very risky appointment in my opinion.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He actually has an appalling record as a manager. A very risky appointment in my opinion.
I am curious to know how you have arrived at this conclusion. Just checked on wiki again and it looks pretty impressive.

M

Mugwump

Are people confusing Michael with Brian, who was the better of the brothers?

Brian was not even close as a player to michael. Michael excelled at some of the biggest clubs in Europe ( juventus, real madrid, barcelona ) , Brian excelled at rangers.

Gornal

Reaction score
I am curious to know how you have arrived at this conclusion. Just checked on wiki again and it looks pretty impressive.

Getafe - resigned after a year having taken the 9th placed Spanish team to 14th.
Spartak Moscow - Sacked after 7 months
Mallorca - Resigned after a year having taken the 5th placed Spanish team to 17th. They finished 8th the season after he left.

Hardly a sparkling managerial career is it?

Back
Top Bottom