Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see what the issue is. We approached him, he evaluated it and decided to stay where he is for the time being.

Why does it come down to us being **** or QPR having more chance of being the Premier League next season or Jeff Shi/Scott Sellars being the devil incarnates?

Let’s have some perspective on it.

There’s some right ****ing weirdo’s on here.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
All this talk about "integrity" by our nearly manager is total crap.... It means he is waiting for a better offer from a bigger club. Let's not delude ourselves - we are not a big club. Shi is currently rummaging through Mendes' bargain bin of failed managers....
Yep I agree……..he will be off to the Vile in a few weeks!!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how so many on here are angry that a manager they absolutely didn't want in the job has turned it down. :sweatsmile:

Doesn't half look crap on Wolves tho...
I’m not I’m ****in over the moon :)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see what the issue is. We approached him, he evaluated it and decided to stay where he is for the time being.

Why does it come down to us being **** or QPR having more chance of being the Premier League next season or Jeff Shi/Scott Sellars being the devil incarnates?

The issue is that it means we are now heading into another game with a manager that is not up to the level required, decreasing our chances of winning.

We should have had a manager in place for Chelsea.

When you make a final approach like that it should mean everything is basically sorted, so the fact he turned us down is embarrassing and concerning because to most outsiders it will make little sense.

You are the one with no perspective if you aren't criticising Shi/Sellars unfortunately.

We have wasted 11 games, and it will soon be 12, this season so far because for one reason or another we haven't been fully prepared for ONE.

If we do go down, which is an increasing possibility, it's natural for fans to look at games towards the end of the season as the defining ones. However, in our case it will be these first few months and the reason we aren't ready is entirely down to Shi and Sellars for squad mismanagement early on and now a failure to appoint a new boss.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There's numerous issues, as already been discussed. You can have perspective and still recognise mistakes have been made.

BucksWolf8

Reaction score
I don't post very often, but I do have friends who work at the training ground etc. The story Beale is peddaling in his interview this afternoon is complete rubbish.

He's been in to Compton for multiple interviews and impressed. For him to suggest it wasn't the right time to speak with us is just bare lies on his part. He's trying to save face and milk it with the QPR fans who were calling him every name under the sun last night.

My personal opinion is someone from Villa has been in touch and he wants Gerrard's job. He's certainly burnt bridges behind the scenes here professionally.

Either way his behaviour this afternoon has made me glad he has rejected us. Either fancies Villa more, or has doubts about himself being able to deliver here.

I'm no fan of Shi et al, but for once they've been portrayed as completely incompetent when i think they've only really been incompetent... They should put a statement out and put the record straight though.

I've also heard that they're looking at bringing in Rob Edwards to work with Davis and Collins in the interim while search continues.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As I said before, the issue is that the club didn’t sack Lage in the summer, when it was clear he was failing last season, just like he did at Benfica.

That was compounded by then sacking him this season when they knew Lopetegui was about to be sacked, only to discover he wanted some time with his father. Fair enough, but the week before Shi flew to Spain that was already known and reported in the press. Shi made a very public failed trip which just reflected badly on the club, and made our manager hunt harder.

Then if that wasn’t bad enough, the club again makes it known they have chosen another lead candidate, only to have him also back out publicly, making Wolves a laughing stock, and any future lead candidate only “third best” in the clubs eyes.

Fosun need to appoint an experienced DoF now. Someone who has credibility and who can lead a fresh look for a coach and backroom staff. Shi needs to step out of the football side, and leave it to someone who knows what he or she is doing.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you subtly suggesting that some on here are massively overreacting? ;)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you subtly suggesting that some on here are massively overreacting? ;)
What reaction would you suggest for the club failing to appoint a manager who was underqualified for the role anyway because he would rather stay with a side that are, by recent standards, a mid-table Championship one?

Criticism on a message board seems fair to me and you won't like what you'll hear Sunday if we are losing!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The issue for me is that we went in for him in the first place.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What reaction would you suggest for the club failing to appoint a manager who was underqualified for the role anyway because he would rather stay with a side that are, by recent standards, a mid-table Championship one?

Criticism on a message board seems fair to me and you won't like what you'll hear Sunday if we are losing!
I have the utmost respect for Beale after reading his reason for turning us down--as per the Birmingham Mail :

"Wolves is a fantastic football club, a historic football club. It was a privilege to be asked to speak to them, but I didn't think it was the right moment. I entered into an agreement here and integrity is a real big thing for me.
“I’ve been all in here and I’ve asked other people to be all in so I can’t be the first person to run away from the ship.

Wish him well at QPR.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have no problem with valid criticism……never did or will.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seconded, its the very people who did not want Beale anyway,

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's numerous issues, as already been discussed. You can have perspective and still recognise mistakes have been made.

I don’t remember saying that mistakes haven’t been made.

Just because these perceived ‘issues’ have been discussed by internet people doesn’t make it gospel though.*

The desire to sensationalise everything gets right on my tits. Some recent examples (they’re paraphrased by the way…… but in the spirit of joining in let’s just assume they’re entirely factual).

Julen Lopetegui turns us down, he didn’t really want it any way, he’s **** and his Dad being ill shouldn’t make any difference. We’re doomed though.

Michael Beale decides he doesn’t want to leave QPR after Jeff Shi talked to him about hoping that he could lead Wolves to the Serie A title. QPR are more likely to be in the Premier League than us next year any way. We’re screwed.

Every manager in the world hates us and has turned us down except for Pedro Martins and Peter Bosz. Mainly because they’re desperate.

Pedro Martins is bobbins, he could only win the Greek league loads with the best team with the best players and the biggest budget. Couldn’t win anything in Europe with them though. By that logic Pep Guardiola is just as ****.

Peter Bosz, got lucky winning more games than he lost at 7 of the 9 clubs he’s coached and should solely be judged on his performance at Borussia Dortmund……..plus the Lyon fans don’t like him.

Doomed. Doomed. Doomed.

Or we could just be a bit more rational. Just an idea, probably a stupid idea though.

*And before anybody says it, yes I am aware this is a forum to discuss Wolves and this is a Wolves thing.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s midnight in China, hopefully Guo will sleep on it and wake up giving Jeff more funds for the January and increase the wage budget.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for Beale after reading his reason for turning us down--as per the Birmingham Mail :

"Wolves is a fantastic football club, a historic football club. It was a privilege to be asked to speak to them, but I didn't think it was the right moment. I entered into an agreement here and integrity is a real big thing for me.
“I’ve been all in here and I’ve asked other people to be all in so I can’t be the first person to run away from the ship.

Wish him well at QPR.
Is my memory correct…..

At one time there was talk of Nuno going to Arsenal but didn’t Nuno state publicly that he’d signed a contract at Wolves?
I took that to mean that he wouldn’t walk away and break his word.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Just because these perceived ‘issues’ have been discussed by internet people doesn’t make it gospel though.*

The desire to sensationalise everything gets right on my tits. Some recent examples (they’re paraphrased by the way…… but in the spirit of joining in let’s just assume they’re entirely factual).

Julen Lopetegui turns us down, he didn’t really want it any way, he’s **** and his Dad being ill shouldn’t make any difference. We’re doomed though.

Michael Beale decides he doesn’t want to leave QPR after Jeff Shi talked to him about hoping that he could lead Wolves to the Serie A title. QPR are more likely to be in the Premier League than us next year any way. We’re screwed.

Every manager in the world hates us and has turned us down except for Pedro Martins and Peter Bosz. Mainly because they’re desperate.

Pedro Martins is bobbins, he could only win the Greek league loads with the best team with the best players and the biggest budget. Couldn’t win anything in Europe with them though. By that logic Pep Guardiola is just as ****.

Peter Bosz, got lucky winning more games than he lost at 7 of the 9 clubs he’s coached and should solely be judged on his performance at Borussia Dortmund……..plus the Lyon fans don’t like him.

Doomed. Doomed. Doomed.

Or we could just be a bit more rational. Just an idea, probably a stupid idea though.

*And before anybody says it, yes I am aware this is a forum to discuss Wolves and this is a Wolves thing.
Oh, I agree with most of that tbh. I don't think I've criticised Jeff et al on here before and was also getting annoyed with the constant vitriol for each candidate. But I'm on board with the criticism for this one, that it's a **** take and has made us a laughing stock.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doomed. Doomed. Doomed.

It can be annoying but better to vent your anger on here than go out and kick the cat

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Fair play to Beale, he probably comes out of the whole thing with his reputation even higher.

As for Wolves and Jeff Shi though, dear oh dear! Biggest decision we’ve had in a while and he’s making a right pigs ear of it. Not impressed at all.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen his video explaining his decision. Fair play to him really. I admire loyalty in football more than most things. I wish him all the best in his career.
Have to agree and I hope he means what he has said.

We have put his name on the map now and it will be interesting to see how his future pans out.

Beale seems to be a pretty confident guy who says the right things. He should have a bright future in the game.

I wasn’t in favour of his appointment, but would have supported him.

Like you, MasWolf, I wish him well in his career.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I think Jeff & co have handled it all rather cleverly. To be turned down on the same day that the PM resigns after less days in power than it took to appoint her (45 v 54) demonstrates a MASTERY of PR. No-one has heard re Wolves - too much emphasis on Westminster shambles. Makes us look a model of a well-run institution....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Mr Overseas showing that his fingers are nowhere near the pulse of the club. Sunday is likely to be bloody ugly. Sort of glad that l'm unlikely to make it.
Hey now, that’s not cool.
You know I was responding in a factious/humorous way to someone.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

THE POWER BEHIND THE THRONE?

The job of prime minister is not the only big vacancy that’s proving difficult to fill with somebody vaguely competent, as those in charge of hiring and firing at Wolverhampton Wanderers can attest. Without a manager for more than a fortnight since showing Bruno Lage the door, the West Midlands side were initially turned down by former Spain, Madrid and Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui, and have now been rejected by a comparative novice with far less pedigree.

In his first managerial job since leaving his role as Steven Gerrard’s sidekick to take over at QPR in June, on Wednesday Michael Beale steered the Rs to the Championship summit. After the win over Cardiff that put them there, Beale revealed he wasn’t prepared to jump at just any old offer. “I am picky,” he tooted. “I had other offers as a coach at Aston Villa and had questions before coming here. I had offers when at Rangers. You have to weigh up everything.” On Thursday morningit was revealed Beale had decided against a move to Molineux, either out of loyalty to QPR … or because he’s been tipped the wink there might soon be a managerial vacancy at Villa.

From the guardian earlier

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s some right ****ing weirdo’s on hereh.
Exactly. He'll have met with Ferdinand, had a chat, cleared the air, discussed future options and decided he's better off where he is at the moment.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Re the first part, you can’t appoint someone who doesn’t want to come. He’ll have his own reasons for that, some maybe down to us, some may be down to him (he might not think he’s ready or he might want to try with what he has, he might feel loyal to QPR for his first big chance).

No one criticised Nuno for not going to Everton or Arsenal

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best thing the club can do now is keep a very low profile. So no more discussion of managerial candidates.
Leave Davis and Collins in there until the World Cup break then re-assess the situation, having done their homework very quietly, carefully and precisely in the intervening period.

Back
Top Bottom