Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Megastore

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Megastore has reopened today and as suggested, it has more retail space thanks to moving the tils into Wolfies Den and the Shirt Printing machines elsewhere in the building.

The refurb on the whole looked good and makes the place, has a bigger and open feel about it.

On Opening Hours, 2021/2022 are confirmed as the following from the website:

Monday-Friday
10am until 5pm

Saturdays
9am until 5pm

Sundays
10am until 4pm

CALL: 0371 222 2220 (option 1) or click here for our online megastore open 24/7

Please note, on a home matchday the store will close four hours before kick-off. If the match kicks off at 3pm, then then store will be closed for the day, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Clearly the last point, is the major change from previous years and is a disappointment, that many people's matchday experience in the shop, has been somewhat scaled back. I guess however, this maybe to still give Wolfies Den it's usage - with the green carpet having not moved an inch.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Megastore has reopened today and as suggested, it has more retail space thanks to moving the tils into Wolfies Den and the Shirt Printing machines elsewhere in the building.

The refurb on the whole looked good and makes the place, has a bigger and open feel about it.

Monday-Friday
10am until 5pm

Saturdays
9am until 5pm

Sundays
10am until 4pm

Please note, on a home matchday the store will close four hours before kick-off. If the match kicks off at 3pm, then then store will be closed for the day, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Clearly the last point, is the major change from previous years and is a disappointment, that many people's matchday experience in the shop, has been somewhat scaled back. I guess however, this maybe to still give Wolfies Den it's usage - with the green carpet having not moved an inch.
So the only chance long distance fans get to visit, i.e. on matchday, it's shut if it's a traditional 3pm ko, brilliant!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Monday-Friday
10am until 5pm

Saturdays
9am until 5pm

Sundays
10am until 4pm

Wolfies Den hasn’t bern used as Wolfies den since the start of 2018/19. Nothing to so for younger kids prematch nowadays.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I can’t understand why the shop would not open on matchday. Pretty **** for people who don’t live near Wolverhampton and only come on match day. Is this due to covid???
Could be they always used to open.

Reaction score
Yes seems a strange decision to close it on matchdays, especially when they seem to be trying increase revenues at every opportunity at the moment. Lots of missed revenue you would have thought, especially as a lot of fans do travel a bit of a distance to go to games, so wouldn't be easy for them to visit the store on non match days.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you close the store on a matchday? What will the tourists do beforehand?

I’m assuming it’s related to Covid restrictions e.g. managing a queue outside when it’s busy anyway with a full capacity milling about

Bit frustrating being a London based fan as match day is the only day I can get into the shop to check out the quality of the clobber. However, I understand the reasoning.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the only chance long distance fans get to visit, i.e. on matchday, it's shut if it's a traditional 3pm ko, brilliant!
If l had to guess, perhaps something to do with Covid? It got bloody crowded in there. At face value it seems a bloody strange decision.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Does it mean you can't collect Wolves cash on matchday programmes then?
What about the pop-up shop?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I can’t understand why the shop would not open on matchday. Pretty **** for people who don’t live near Wolverhampton and only come on match day. Is this due to covid???
If the shop is closed because of covid then Wolves, please clearly say so.
Otherwise, please open on matchday, so fans who don't live locally can visit and buy stuff.
I normally quickly pop in and buy some items, or at least a programme, shortly before kick-off, after I have been in the Worldwide Lounge.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, surely they'd say if it was Covid? And if it is Covid, most other clubs up and down the country will close on a matchday? I doubt it. Bizarre decision.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
of course it's covid - fosun must be frustrated given popularity of new castore gear and folk like me travelling up ready to spend. can't be done with buying by post - something always goes wrong, and a trip round the club shop was always an exciting part of the new season (usually leaving empty handed and disappointed thanks to jez). will just have to plan a trip and put aside some quality time to peruse

does anyone know if there was more gear on sale than shown online? leisurewear, hoodies etc?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If the shop is closed because of covid then Wolves, please clearly say so.
Otherwise, please open on matchday, so fans who don't live locally can visit and buy stuff.
I normally quickly pop in and buy some items, or at least a programme, shortly before kick-off, after I have been in the Worldwide Lounge.
Looking at the queue today they must be restricting how many go in

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, surely they'd say if it was Covid? And if it is Covid, most other clubs up and down the country will close on a matchday? I doubt it. Bizarre decision.
Other clubs don't have Wolvo council (see the ManUre capacity last season) as the stadium licensing authority....

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Looking at the queue today they must be restricting how many go in
The club shop does get busy in the two hours before kick-off, granted.
But fans are no where near pushed up against each other like in the queue when visiting the toilets at half-time, for example in the Billy Wright Upper stand.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To create artificial scarcity and demand.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what a crazy decision.
If it is due to covid, the club need to state it. If not, Vinny is a ****.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Bring back the hut in Molineux Alley. Never a problem getting patches to sew onto my scarf or denim jacket. No need for them overpriced replica shirts back then.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
what a crazy decision.
If it is due to covid, the club need to state it. If not, Vinny is a ****.
A proper and valid reason should be given, so fans know why.
I would have liked to try on the new shirt in the shop first, instead of buying mail order, as I have heard the Castore sizes are different.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if the staff in the store aren't working match days are they are losing wages? Or are they catering for the prawn sandwich brigade in the BW?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Maybe the store is just shut for legacy fans on match days and they will be selling exclusive shopping experiences for the tourists at £25 a go.
They already made it clear that they don’t want poor people or kids or pensioners in the middle section of Billy Wright. Maybe they want to keep the great unwashed out of the shop and away from the VIPs

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
At a time when they are looking to maximise revenue in all kinds of other ways, turning away a load of custom on a matchday doesn't make sense unless its temporary and covid related. But then, why not explain that? Surely matchday is the busiest time for the store?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s obviously a temporary thing. They even mentioned improving the matchday experience on the website the other day:

“The previous store layout meant that fans became frustrated with congestion at key periods prior to kick off. We’ve made plans to alleviate that congestion, open up the shop floor and allow fans to browse our growing product range with much more leisure.”

You don’t extend the shop floor and have matchday pay stations if you’re going to shut on a matchday, stop flapping.

I presume the south bank kiosk will also reopen?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s obviously a temporary thing. They even mentioned improving the matchday experience on the website the other day:

“The previous store layout meant that fans became frustrated with congestion at key periods prior to kick off. We’ve made plans to alleviate that congestion, open up the shop floor and allow fans to browse our growing product range with much more leisure.”

You don’t extend the shop floor and have matchday pay stations if you’re going to shut on a matchday, stop flapping.

I presume the south bank kiosk will also reopen?
That would be logical.... But many things happening around the club now seem to lack logic so who knows....

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how much sales take a nosedive if this shutting down during match days is a permanent thing. I think they’ve perhaps underestimated how many people buy from the shop on a match day because they aren’t local and others buy things from the shop as part of the match day experience. I know wolves get a lot more money out of me on merchandise on match day as I usually go in there to have a look at things to fill my time before kick off due to how early I get there and usually end up walking out with something that I’ve tried on and ended up liking more than looking at it on a webpage.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Used to like looking in the shop when I could still get to matches.
As a kid it was a big part of the day. I was allowed to choose a badge each match for a season or two, and still have them.

Back
Top Bottom