Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

May 17th 1972

U

UNCLE REMUS

Anniversary of Tottenham winning the EUFA cup against Wolves, my memories are that after beating a host of sides including Juventus, we end up playing Tottingham in the final.

On balance over the two games I still thing we should have won

Speaking to Martin Chivers on Holiday a few years back and he still rates the goal he scored as his best ever. "Still tingling now" when he thinks about it.

Great season

Didn't realise it was the first EUFA cup after replacing the "Inter Cities".

P

paddingtonwolf

yes I saw that it was the first UEFA final in the paper this morning. Something to do with Fairs not being held in the big European cities any more so UEFA thought Inter Cities Fairs Cup was no longer relevant.

That does seem a long time ago now, doesn't it? Two weeks before I was even born!

U

UNCLE REMUS

paddingtonwolf said:
yes I saw that it was the first UEFA final in the paper this morning. Something to do with Fairs not being held in the big European cities any more so UEFA thought Inter Cities Fairs Cup was no longer relevant.

That does seem a long time ago now, doesn't it? Two weeks before I was even born!

Christ! I have a daughter older than you, just!

P

paddingtonwolf

Maybe - but you got to see us when we were really REALLY good.

I would ask you for your daughters phone number, but Mrs Paddy has been known to have a look on here on occasions so best not!

W

Wulfhere

I saw the first leg at Mol, we were robbed. I remember the Chivers goal, I was standing behind the goal in the South Bank when he crashed it in. The Trouble and Strife saw the second leg at White Hart Lane, she stood on the shelf and supported the Wolves.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still hate Spurs.

Food poisoning ha ha ha - couldn't happen to a nicer team, except maybe Notlob or the tescos.

P

paddingtonwolf

I see the hotel involved has been cleared of all blame as the kitchen has no trace of an infection, and it looks like a virus did for the Spurs players. Perhaps they should apologise, or run the risk of getting sued themselves for spreading scurrilous tosh that could damage the reputation of this fine establishment.

Back
Top Bottom