Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

1. A

UEFA Final 1972: Now Bernie?s Got It Taped!

Success At Last In Search For Something For The Kids We at Wolves Heroes have been delighted to help out with a favour for Bernard Shaw's family by tracing a valuable keepsake from the full-back's substantial Molineux career. For several years, his offspring had been asking us to contact them...
  2. J

May 8th 1972. Wolves v Leeds Tile decider

Just to carry on the 70's nostalgia theme. I posted this a while ago seems a good time to dust it off. Recently I was working in Hampshire and whilst clearing an attic space I discovered a Daily Mirror newspaper dated Monday 18th September 1972. The sport pages are dominated by three stories...
  3. B

May 17th 1972

I don't know if anyone has noticed but today is fortieth anniversary of the second leg of the UEFA Final at White Hart Lane. Throughout the run the only game lost was the home tie of the final (1-2) with that 'excellent' goal by Chivers. That was on May 4th, four days before the famous...
  4. Big Saft Kid

Man U v Wolves, January 1972

One of those unforgettable away days...Man U top of the league, and we beat them 3-1 at Old Trafford. In truth Utd were already on the slide, but they were still a team full of good, if ageing players, and they didn't lose many at home. That season of 71-2 saw the flowering of the Doog-JR...
  5. J

Wolves v. Leeds Title Decider 1972

I posted this a while back but I thought it might be worth another view in light of this thread Recently I was working in Hampshire and whilst clearing an attic space I discovered a Daily Mirror newspaper dated Monday 18th September 1972. The sport pages are dominated by three stories. The...
  6. A

Australia, 1972

The Mother Of All Tours Can there ever have been a football trip like it? America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia all in one go. Twelve matches in three countries in 29 days. Players wouldn't stand for it today, not to mention managers, sports scientists, nutrionists and fitness coaches...
  7. J

Wolves v. Leeds 1972 The match fixing scandal

Doogs sad passing has understandingly triggered many reminisces. Considering that Doogs career encompassed what was a very successful period in the clubs history I thought I would recall a famous match that Doog played in. Recently I was working in Hampshire and whilst clearing an attic space...
  8. U

May 17th 1972

Anniversary of Tottenham winning the EUFA cup against Wolves, my memories are that after beating a host of sides including Juventus, we end up playing Tottingham in the final. On balance over the two games I still thing we should have won Speaking to Martin Chivers on Holiday a few years...
Back
Top Bottom