Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mauricio Pochettino

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. This was the biggest mistake of Shi and Sellars.
They spent over £100 million in the window. Would they not have sacked him before that if it was actually being considered? Or is it just another rumour to jump on?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They spent over £100 million in the window. Would they not have sacked him before that if it was actually being considered? Or is it just another rumour to jump on?

He should have been sacked at the end of last season. It is clear from seeing what has been said since he was sacked that he was out of his depth and the players had had enough. The big mistake was not sacking him when the season ended last season.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should have been sacked at the end of last season. It is clear from seeing what has been said since he was sacked that he was out of his depth and the players had had enough. The big mistake was not sacking him when the season ended last season.
That wasn’t my point though. The point is if he was supposedly rumoured to be going in the summer why did they invest £100 million in players for him? Surely they’d have binned him off and let the new guy do that?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difference being im making my point in response. I’ve challenged what you’ve said and you’ve hid behind me hurting your feelings

I'll leave you to it as you seem to revel in taking the Michael and cant debate without doing this. Dont know what you mean about hiding and not responding. Previous posts I've responded to your points.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Argue the case? They finished second to Leicester! They absolutely should have won it. Plenty of pundits fancied them for the ECL final and Poch and his boys bottled both.

I hope he goes to villa, he’ll last 18 months before sloping off and finishing his career in Spain and his Native Argentina
IMG_20221018_090212.png

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wasn’t my point though. The point is if he was supposedly rumoured to be going in the summer why did they invest £100 million in players for him? Surely they’d have binned him off and let the new guy do that?

Then it was a huge mistake to splash 100 million with a guy in charge who was so clearly out of his depth. Should have been sacked at the end of last season and 100 million given to a proper head coach.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll leave you to it as you seem to revel in taking the Michael and cant debate without doing this. Dont know what you mean about hiding and not responding. Previous posts I've responded to your points.
Post #87 you haven’t. Why are we dithering?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then it was a huge mistake to splash 100 million with a guy in charge who was so clearly out of his depth. Should have been sacked at the end of last season and 100 million given to a proper head coach.
That wasn’t my point though. My point was if he was rumoured to be fired, you don’t give that guy £100 million to spend.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are you always so confrontational in your posting style? In a way I sort of admire your unwavering support of Shi and Sellars but dont understand why you have to be so condescending to fellow posters so regularly.
Because he’s on the payroll

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Post #87 you haven’t. Why are we dithering?

You know what. Maybe my choice of words wasnt correct in saying dithering. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Are you happy with the candidates we have supposedly lined up seeing as you dont rate Poch as a head coach?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Most overrated manager going.

Managed to finish 2nd in a one horse race in France.

Managed to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race to Leicester and then Arsenal.

Started crying when fluked a Champions League semi-final. Talk about winning mentality.

Media love him and over hyped him for some reason...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what. Maybe my choice of words wasnt correct in saying dithering. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Are you happy with the candidates we have supposedly lined up seeing as you dont rate Poch as a head coach?
Supposedly lined up is the key phrase in that. We literally have no idea who genuinely is or isn’t in the lineup. Personally I think the only rumour I’d nail as an absolute fact is that we spoke to Lupotegui purely on the facts confirmed by him he nearly joined pre Nuno and the fact he’d recently lost his job. We’ve literally been linked to 20 managers from different sources.

Personally I’d like AVB but he’s not been mentioned since day two. I really don’t want Pedro Martins, Beale could go either direction and Edwards I don’t see at all.

Poch is decent, nothing more nothing less. He’s a fashionable name to throw about and if he goes to villa will cost them an absolute fortune. He’s the ideal manager for a club who have overpaid for players in both fees and wages. Though they do have a real football man Director of Football in Solbakkens number 2 when here.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm not here to bat for Sellars and Shi, I'll wait until the verdict is delivered before I pass sentence. However I think it's wrong to suggest we blew £100m on Lage's targets. Nunes was the biggest signing and he is absolutely going to be worth the money. Then there's Guedes, who hasn't looked much good yet, but was Lopetegui's top target. Collins is also an excellent signing, great value and exactly the sort of actual CH most thought we needed. The other big spend was Sasa which was probably a slightly desperate signing to satisfy Lage's needs and obviously a gamble that didn't pay off.

I think they were confident of Lopetegui, the coincidence of the timing is too great for any other conclusion.

The lack of a plan B is fine to point at, but I'm not at all sure there's a candidate who would come who a majority of people think is a good appointment. It's no good going mental about rumours that may have no real substance.

So we're in a mess, but as an old boss of mine used to say, better to have a hole in your team than an ******** in your team. If the right man isn't out there now, wait until after to World Cup and pray for Lopetegui.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Started crying when fluked a Champions League semi-final. Talk about winning mentality.

He did manage to take a struggling Premier League team away from the relegation zone and then to a top 8 finish with an attacking brand of football though, which would be more relevant for Wolves' situation than how he got on with Mbappe and co.

However, I don't really think we need a heated debate about someone who isn't going to turn up here in a month of Sundays.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Poch doesn’t develop youth players he’s never going to be a fit here
All the candidates bar nuno have experience of bringing on youth

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club can’t win in this. Go to quick they get criticised and now they are dithering.
Any appointment is a risk, we’re a challenge for a manager and don’t have bottomless funds. Any free manager is a manager who failed in their last job according to their previous bosses.
They could win by appointing a decent manager with a good track record. At least until they start losing games anyway!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Still streets ahead of Lage though.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still streets ahead of Lage though.
So he should be he earns over 5 times as much.

Bruno was poor but I’d fancy him to win the league with a PSG team with Neymar Mbappe and Messi in it. Christ even Dean Saunders couldn’t **** that up

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno was poor but I’d fancy him to win the league with a PSG team with Neymar Mbappe and Messi in it. Christ even Dean Saunders couldn’t **** that up
I dont see it that way. He took over in the January. Tuchel had them 11-2-4 record at the time. Poch then went 15-2-4 for a second place. Improvement but not enough to win it. Won it the next year. If that was Pochs fault then , by default thats on Tuchel too.

Not saying I want either but both are quality managers and probably above what we will end up with.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score

Don't get the hype either. Did ok at a tinpot club like Southampton though, so would be perfect for Villa.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club can’t win in this. Go to quick they get criticised and now they are dithering.
Any appointment is a risk, we’re a challenge for a manager and don’t have bottomless funds. Any free manager is a manager who failed in their last job according to their previous bosses.
Conversely though there are some on here who are so keen to defend the club come what may that if Saunders was reappointed they would write about how he will have learnt from his mistakes and be a more mature manager......

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conversely though there are some on here who are so keen to defend the club come what may that if Saunders was reappointed they would write about how he will have learnt from his mistakes and be a more mature manager......
...and somehow twist it that his achievements are comparable to anyone the naysayers wants.

It's funny that the 'pro-Wolves' posters are actually anti-Wolves, because they're accepting a standard below mediocrity, and those who are negative are actually pro-Wolves because they want the very best for the club's future.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's some who make things up too...
If that's intended as a jibe at me l would respond by saying that l was actually expressing my opinion politely and calmly which is, l believe, what forums are supposed to be about.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Like who? There’s some that like to exaggerate

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If that's intended as a jibe at me l would respond by saying that l was actually expressing my opinion politely and calmly which is, l believe, what forums are supposed to be about.
An opinion there was zero truth in.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are people getting so annoyed/frustrated at the papers linking Villa to Poch? Has Gerrard even been sacked yet? Is it a foregone conclusion that Poch says yes?

I would understand feeling that way if they did land Poch, but not when nothing's happened (unless it has by the time this has posted).

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

Not too sure, he managed to mess up at mighty Chesterfield after flopping here.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha - is there really the suggestion Poch is only "decent" because he's being strongly linked to Villa, while we're being linked to rookie Championship coaches and chancers like Bosz? Sorry, but that is cope. I can't stand Vile, but if they nab Pochettino it would be a very impressive statement of intent - don't rationalise otherwise.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha - is there really the suggestion Poch is only "decent" because he's being strongly linked to Villa, while we're being linked to rookie Championship coaches and chancers like Bosz? Sorry, but that is cope. I can't stand Vile, but if they nab Pochettino it would be a very impressive statement of intent - don't rationalise otherwise.

Poch is great, IMO.

But people getting worked up thinking he's definitely going to Villa, all because the Telegraph said that they will try to convince him to join, is just people wanting to wallow in misery.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Nail hit firmly on the head!

For some on here Jeff and Scott are done for regardless what they do. It’s so depressingly predictable
While I agree with this in sentiment.

We don't really know what is going on at all behind the scenes beyond what the press put out and they could be doing a very thorough, joined up process. Which was where my thoughts were on the situation.

From the outside with the bits that have come out in the press it does seem that they are scrambling around just looking for someone/anyone and that there isn't a joined up plan on the style of coach they want etc.

I'm still in the wait and see camp and judge them at the end of the process, but the bits leaking out don't fill me with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom