Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Murray

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently he's walked off so hopefully nothing related to his most recent injury. Poor guy.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he went and sat on the bench afterwards and then walked about at half time then should be okay. But this is Wolves and this is Murray.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible the bad luck Matt has. Hope its just something tweaked.

S

Shifnal Wolf

As I said on the Reserves thread, I reckon he felt something and before he did any damage, he came off as a precaution. At the end of the day, he's been out around 10 months and not many players play more than 20 minutes on their first game back or if they do, they suffer a recurrance and are out for longer but the fact he went ot the bench is a good sign

I

itsonlyagame

What a massive "potential lost" that guy is! How different could things have been had he stayed fit!?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got a chance to get in the England team for the world cup!

A

Atlas 1951

Official site confirms it was no more than a slight discomfort and precaution.

A

Atlas 1951

Shoot him and lets move on!

Callous but I know what you mean. I have no expectations whatsoever regarding Matt and first team appearances. Would love to be proven wrong but I for one have moved on.

M

Mugwump

Great Keeper, the best keeper in England by a mile i think when fit and on form, and easily the best wolves keeper in my lifetime. I`m starting to think the poor guys body is just giving up on him. I really, really hope i`m wrong. It seems so unfair such a nice bloke like matt murray has had such heartbreak in his career when $$$$s like lee hughes and craig bellamy are still around playing.

J

Jameswwfc

Absolutly gutted for the lad, could've been englands number 1 but this is why i would always keep wayne number 1 at wolves weather matt is fit or not.

F

FLEET WOLF

Great Keeper, the best keeper in England by a mile i think when fit and on form, and easily the best wolves keeper in my lifetime. I`m starting to think the poor guys body is just giving up on him. I really, really hope i`m wrong. It seems so unfair such a nice bloke like matt murray has had such heartbreak in his career when $$$$s like lee hughes and craig bellamy are still around playing.

Spot on.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldnt agree more about hughes and bellamy.The bloke is a class goalie, pity he seems to be made of glass though!

T

Toon Wolf

Generally agree, but off the field Bellamy is not what he appears. He has invested hundreds of thousands of pounds of his own money to set up schools for children in desperate situations in Africa (I think it's Africa). On the field a $$$$, off it a very decent bloke. There are people who deserve to be more villified than him, Ashley Cole for instance. Total $$$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mugwump

Sort of agree toon, he has done some good work. He is still a gob$$$$e though :D

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generally agree, but off the field Bellamy is not what he appears. He has invested hundreds of thousands of pounds of his own money to set up schools for children in desperate situations in Africa (I think it's Africa). On the field a $$$$, off it a very decent bloke. There are people who deserve to be more villified than him, Ashley Cole for instance. Total $$$$.

Agree on Cashley Hole Toon. A horrible individual

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I used to dispise Craig Bellamy as much as the rest of us until I found out about what he has done for very worthy causes.

Please take the trouble to find out about how much this bloke has done off the field, you may, like me, want to change your opinion of him. I have learnt on many occasions that people are not always what they are made out to be by the press etc..

E

EasternWolf

I used to dispise Craig Bellamy as much as the rest of us until I found out about what he has done for very worthy causes.

Please take the trouble to find out about how much this bloke has done off the field, you may, like me, want to change your opinion of him. I have learnt on many occasions that people are not always what they are made out to be by the press etc..

No its easier just to criticise him without engaging the brain. I have met CB many times and he really is a decent bloke. When playing he is a little exciteable, but a damn good player.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just from Wikipedia but still illuminating:

"On 6 May 2008 plans were announced for the building of the Craig Bellamy Foundation for disadvantaged children in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Bellamy has visited the war-torn West African country and has reportedly been moved to invest £650,000 of his own money to help build a football academy to develop the country's young football talent."

As Bully would say: "Fair play to the guy!"

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
matt was magnificent for us and its only his injuries that have prevented him from being the best goalkeeper in the country but it seems is legs cannot cope with the demands of a professional footballer.

ROVERT47

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one can argue about Bellamy's off field activities,he probably helps old ladies to cross the road as well.
On the pitch he is a complete arseole.

D

Dorset DeWolf

would love to be proved wrong but i really am not expecting matt to ever wear the wolves first team shirt again, shame but i think he's done

J

Jameswwfc

No one can argue about Bellamy's off field activities,he probably helps old ladies to cross the road as well.
On the pitch he is a complete arseole.

He might be an ******** but the lads a winner and a bad loser. Nothing wrong with that. Wish we had him

ROVERT47

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be an ******** but the lads a winner and a bad loser. Nothing wrong with that. Wish we had him

Ah yes the excuse that's rolled out every time for someone being an arseole,"he's a winner".
Have him in your side,not mine thanks.

J

Jameswwfc

i'm sure alot of other wolves fans would love to have bellamy in there side, i bet mccarthy would to. He's a quality footballer. We wouldn't be struggling so much thats for sure.

R

Redditch Wolves

Just from Wikipedia but still illuminating:

"On 6 May 2008 plans were announced for the building of the Craig Bellamy Foundation for disadvantaged children in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Bellamy has visited the war-torn West African country and has reportedly been moved to invest £650,000 of his own money to help build a football academy to develop the country's young football talent."

As Bully would say: "Fair play to the guy!"

Only done it to reduce his own tax liability. The bloke is a $$$$ there are many stories out there about him being a $$$$ on the town giving it the big man

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only done it to reduce his own tax liability. The bloke is a $$$$ there are many stories out there about him being a $$$$ on the town giving it the big man

How do you know this? Have you tried to reduce your own tax liability by doing something like he has.?

I think you will find it is definately not tax deductable.

You are as bad as the media for putting out damaging statements that cannot be substantiated.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe I actually find myself defending Bellamy but there are three points I'd like to make.

1. We'd all (yes all, I don't care what anyone says) have him in our team at the drop of a hat right now
2. Those who know nothing of his extensive work over the years in africa would do well to read-up about it before making ill-informed statements. Many other players have tried to jump on the 'help the underprivileged' bandwagon for PR gain but Bellamy has never touted his work to improve his image and is a genuine 'hands-on' benefactor who spends time at the projects he supports. Say what you like about his attitude on the pitch but the man has done more for the underprivileged in africa than all of us put together. On this front his heart is in the right place.
3. That said, he's still a $$$$

P

Penk wolf

How do you know this? Have you tried to reduce your own tax liability by doing something like he has.?

I think you will find it is definately not tax deductable.

You are as bad as the media for putting out damaging statements that cannot be substantiated.

I'm not saying Bellamy's doing it for tax purpose's or not, which I don't think anyone should speculate about it unless they know the facts.

But, UK tax payers can pay to a UK charity through salary deduction which comes out of their gross pay, which means they don't pay tax or NI.

Companies claim it back by reducing their corporation tax if it is a donation or showing it as advertising or sponsorship which goes through as a business expense and reduces corporation tax that way.

T

Toon Wolf

I'm not saying Bellamy's doing it for tax purpose's or not, which I don't think anyone should speculate about it unless they know the facts.

But, UK tax payers can pay to a UK charity through salary deduction which comes out of their gross pay, which means they don't pay tax or NI.

Companies claim it back by reducing their corporation tax if it is a donation or showing it as advertising or sponsorship which goes through as a business expense and reduces corporation tax that way.

If he was doing it purely for tax reasons, why the hell would he repeatedly go out to Sierra Leone and meet the young people he is helping? Why would he spend time to meet with their families and persuade them of the benefits for their children, not just for football but for their education? Why would he choose to expand the academy set-up he has in order to help those that he hasn't yet been able to help? But you're probably right, he's probably just doing it as a tax write-off...:rolleyes:

Devil's Slide Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wow, did not know that about Bellamy, how bloody inspiring!

And Matt needs to think about a career outside of football, hope he's educated.

P

Penk wolf

If he was doing it purely for tax reasons, why the hell would he repeatedly go out to Sierra Leone and meet the young people he is helping? Why would he spend time to meet with their families and persuade them of the benefits for their children, not just for football but for their education? Why would he choose to expand the academy set-up he has in order to help those that he hasn't yet been able to help? But you're probably right, he's probably just doing it as a tax write-off...:rolleyes:

Read my first sentence.:rolleyes:

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't that the point about Bellamy's work in Africa? He doesn't make donations to random UK charities he invests directly in specific projects that he has personally visited many times in africa. Therefore whilst your point about UK tax rules is no doubt correct its of no relevance whatsoever to his circumstances in this respect.

Back
Top Bottom